2011/07/29 08:52:49
TastyTrout
wade...thanks for checking to find out that it's legal.  With that being said what's so cruel about it?  Mice swim normally, they are used as bait for snakes, and even in the wild mice get eaten by fish.  If there's no hook going through the thing then where does it become cruel?

I'm still wondering why there's a distinction between a mouse (live, living animal) and a minnow (live, living animal)....where one is perfectly acceptable and the other isn't.
2011/07/29 09:13:45
bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: wade alexander

esox hunter whats up with being a **** ? 

if you need to rig mice up to boost your ego or something thats awesome, your the man

called this morning out of curiosity and it is legal apparently

I don't know but threatening to punch people in the face for using legal bait sounds kinda like PETA tactics...

They are only mice and legal bait so where's the problem....
2011/07/29 09:22:58
wade alexander
its not legal in all states for one.   minnows and suckers arent considered pets, i know they sell feeder mice but pple also keep them as pets same as ginea pigs sp? ect... id think its also generally frowned upon.i also dont see any bait shops carrying mice or other mammals for bait... like i said tho i just ordered a tiger because im having a rough time catching musky this yr... hopefully they can get ahold of one for me ;)p

its a grey area bing, its legal to do alot of things does that make it right, not always
2011/07/29 12:04:30
Esox_Hunter

if you need to rig mice up to boost your ego or something thats awesome, your the man

Dang, you got me there.

Now if you don't mind, I am off to train the cat to only cripple the mice, instead of decapitating them.  They seem to get a much more enticing action in the water that way.

You two be sure to have fun at your meeting
2011/07/29 12:15:39
outasync
hrmm to hell with the mice use a rat they are bigger anyways. and usually easier to handle
2011/07/29 12:49:41
BenC
What is ethically different between using a mouse vs. frog, salamander, fish for bait??? I've never used a mouse for bait and dont plan to, but why is it any worse than "torturing" other creatures to catch a fish?
2011/07/29 13:15:55
eyesandgillz
BenC,
It only matters to the card carrying PETA members on the board. I'll make sure to catch and release my next deer: wonder if my bow can shoot a lasso arrow?
2011/07/29 14:13:50
bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: topdog99

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

esox hunter whats up with being a **** ? 

called this morning out of curiosity and it is legal apparently

They are only mice and legal bait so where's the problem....

the poser king speaks, really? (someone had to say it)

lost cause

stick to bad mouthin' the amish dude...

And you can pack your PETA card where the sun don't shine..
2011/07/29 14:25:50
bigben7
i wonder if KMP uses mice?
2011/07/29 14:27:11
bingsbaits
Yes but he puts them in a special place.....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account