2011/07/27 23:48:22
wade alexander
haha ya i got attacked by a goose one time at wilhelm, was my fault tho was standing next to a nest i didnt see
2011/07/28 07:04:40
JEB
The "would have been" new world record Taimen was disallowed by the IGFA a few years ago cause the angler used a ground squirrel for bait. No mammal meat is allowed for world records. Just saying..   Not sure on PA laws, but no go for records.
2011/07/28 07:33:54
FishinGuy
Feeder mice are bred for bait. Snake bait but bait none the less. I've owned snakes before, you get over the "cruelty" pretty quick. Cats and dogs are bred and domesticated as pets. Big difference imo . But its all relative. Anyone find anything from pa fish and game about legality of this?
2011/07/28 12:38:58
SevenMileShowcase
Its a dog eat dog world. I am definately going to take some mice to lock 9 now
2011/07/28 14:51:38
World Famous
My wife says its a cat eat mouse world..WF
2011/07/28 18:20:54
wade alexander
honestly im about 99% sure its cruelty to animals to use mice as bait. it doesnt matter if they are sold as feeder mice because this is an exception for pet snakes.   its not in the pa fish book i believe because they do not make up the rules regarding this issue.

however i might start using tigers because they catch musky for you ;)
2011/07/28 19:58:29
FishinGuy
I heard that's what they modeled ugly stick tigers after. They sell goldfish as pets but many states use them as legal bait think u'd get double fined w an extra cruelty to animals charge if u got caught w someone's pet goldfish in your bait bucket? Pets are people too u know...
2011/07/28 20:14:31
wade alexander
goldfish are illegal to use as bait...  but ignorance is bliss i hear, bet they would work good
2011/07/28 21:32:26
Esox_Hunter
ORIGINAL: wade alexander

honestly im about 99% sure its cruelty to animals to use mice as bait. it doesnt matter if they are sold as feeder mice because this is an exception for pet snakes.   its not in the pa fish book i believe because they do not make up the rules regarding this issue.

however i might start using tigers because they catch musky for you ;)

I would be sure to bring this up at your next PETA meeting.  I am sure they would love to know the fate of these poor little mice when they wind up in the hands of fishermen.

2011/07/28 22:30:33
wade alexander
esox hunter whats up with being a **** ? 

if you need to rig mice up to boost your ego or something thats awesome, your the man

called this morning out of curiosity and it is legal apparently

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account