2011/07/26 18:28:32
streamfisher
KJ I understand what you're saying however we felt that this creek would be ok to fish as we believe it stays cooler than the neshanock which was our other choice as my buddy wanted to fish for trout and we had a limited amount of time. I will give the bass a try on a different section next time out
2011/07/26 18:57:11
spoonchucker
Ve must educate you Herr jolie.

Signed
The Trout Nazis
2011/07/26 19:59:24
dano
It all comes down to,,,respect.

2011/07/26 20:08:39
Eriefisherman69

ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Ve must educate you Herr jolie.

Signed
The Trout Nazis

Your true Political affiliation comes through finally
2011/07/26 20:22:16
KJH807

ORIGINAL: streamfisher

KJ I understand what you're saying however we felt that this creek would be ok to fish as we believe it stays cooler than the neshanock which was our other choice as my buddy wanted to fish for trout and we had a limited amount of time. I will give the bass a try on a different section next time out

like what was said earlier... sounds like education was the purpose of the note

2011/07/26 20:50:54
Mountian Man

ORIGINAL: Cold

ORIGINAL: jolie
yes. it is.

a sign says the same thing in a nicer way. thus..."unnecessary"

Would it have been okay as long as they left a piece of candy or a flower with the note?

Or Dairy Queen...but that would melt lmao
2011/07/26 20:54:35
Cold
Big thing here is...the guy who left the note was making a valid point. It's his right to share his opinions in a legal, safe, non-threatening manner, just as it's your right to take the paper he wrote the note on and wipe your arse with it without giving it a second thought. No harm done on either side of the interaction.

Had the guy waited by the vehicle and then told the fisherman that they were stressing the trout...that's fine too.

Had he waited, then laid into them with a tirade and threats and insults? Not okay.

All in all, there was absolutely no harm done, and anyone truly offended/upset by it is probably taking it a little too seriously.

Do I try to avoid fishing 'marginal' waters when the water temps creep up? Sure. Will I still do it if that's what I really want to do? Probably.

I was out trout fishing Saturday in high 80s, low 90s, (with a 4wt! the horror!). Caught a 17-18" trout, photo-ed and released him, no problems at all. If someone says you gotta play a big fish for 10 minutes on light tackle, it's because they don't know how to do it properly. From the strike to the release of that trout, on a 4wt, with photos...maaaaaaybe 3 minutes.

Had I had a similar not under my wiper when I hiked out, I'd have laughed, crumpled it up, and tossed it in the little bag I keep for trash in my car. Had there been some dUUd up there trying to teach me about how I was killing the trout, I'd have heard him out and told him my view. Had that dUUd spazzed on me, I'd have probably told him where he could stick it...then showed him the fish my friend kept. :P

It's all about the delivery, and all things considered, this guy's was sensible.
2011/07/26 21:06:47
Mountian Man
then showed him the fish my friend kept. :P

All da troot we caught have died of hyperthermia.

PS It's in my freezer to get mounted when I get da money u no :P
2011/07/26 21:24:47
**commander**

ORIGINAL: streamfisher

I don't believe we did any real harm to these few fishwe caught they never left the water and swam off on their own i do understand this persons concern with the high water temp i just would like to have talked to this person to know their thoughts

why was the guy there...probably fishing himself. just sayin'
2011/07/26 21:32:09
Cold

ORIGINAL: **commander**
why was the guy there...probably fishing himself. just sayin'

Well...it seems to happen about once a year...

Agreed.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account