2011/07/08 13:28:16
jolie
to pork,

just look at the zoo from the top of the dams. throw some bread to see the big carp "wallow" in it... on the other hand,I have no idea how to target them. you can't fish from the dam breast.

---
I'm pretty sure there's 25#+ carp on both sides of the dam.

Jason

to lunker, it IS already getting crowded, esp on the race. come up tonight and you will see.
2011/07/08 13:31:06
tull66

ORIGINAL: pghmarty

Just for you Tull, don't tell anyone else.

Your secret's safe with me, but too far from 39.76600,-79.933405 to be useful.
2011/07/08 16:18:04
Pork

ORIGINAL: jolie

to pork,

just look at the zoo from the top of the dams. throw some bread to see the big carp "wallow" in it... on the other hand,I have no idea how to target them. you can't fish from the dam breast.

HEY! How'd I get drug into this!
You see a dancing fat kid & automatically 'it's pork'? LMAO
Just messin w/ you jolie....I resemble that remark.
2011/07/08 16:22:22
jolie

ORIGINAL: Pork

ORIGINAL: jolie

to pork,

HEY! How'd I get drug into this!
You see a dancing fat kid & automatically 'it's pork'? LMAO
Just messin w/ you jolie....I resemble that remark.

opps! by the way thats a really messed up avatar!
2011/07/17 13:54:25
Steeldreams
Went to Kinzua over the 4th. Stayed at Kiasutha campground and fished the south end. Had all of my luck on Red and White headed Erie Drearies with a crawler. Fished from the canoe drifting in a light wind on the east bank. Every pass in front of the inlets in approx 25 FOW to 35 FOW produced walleye, silver bass, a few NICE perch and so on. Carp are breeding in the back of the inlets in the warm water. Midday fishing was best. Evenings are always good off of any creek mouth you can find flowing water coming out of, especially using a brook trout wildeye storm swim shad or similar. Walleye and Pike come in to feed off these fish in the evenings. Suspended jointed rapala in the Brookie pattern works good too! This is one of the hardest bodies of water I have ever fished and it has taken years to learn how to be productive at it. I still have yet to pull a laker out of there. Hope the info helps you guys keep your lines tight!
2011/07/30 10:06:36
zoom
Whats the point of haveing fishing reports if we don't share? Thanks Steeldreams!
2011/08/08 01:09:34
Outdoor Adventures
Heard there was a guy up yonder that only fishes under the darkness. He goes into stealth mode not even to show the light of his green lantern. Never a night goes by he doesn't land a big fish. Some in those parts consider him a legend.Some day in my journeys I hope to find him.
2011/08/08 12:58:05
lunker49
I am not from the kinzua area but have fished the river over the years. At some times pretty heavily. There have been a number of really good anglers appear. years ago there was a young man that could really
bring on the musky action. The thing i remember about him was his eyesight- he had eyes like an eagle. Then i also remember another guy who would never allow anyone to get a good look at the lure he was fishing. And if you started getting close to him he would move. i Am sure there are many anglers that fish the river who are above average  after all it is world class water and its no breeze to get the big ones.
2011/08/08 16:38:41
Outdoor Adventures
The Kinzua Legend that I have heard about can pull a 29" brownie out out an area that most would just walk by. Most of the time he travels alone but it is known that sometimes he takes along a local apprentice. The apprentice has been known to ask for the bait that the Legend has tied on. It's not the bait that makes him successful but the the countless nights and experience that make him the envy of the Northern Tail waters. Many anglers can only hope to catch a fraction of what the Legend has caught though out the years.Some day I would like to meet him and do a interview with him for "Monsters Of The Night" magazine. He is no monster, but is defiantly feared by the other so called experts.
2011/08/09 11:06:21
lunker49
Well the one fellow i mentioned was followed by a high profile writer and a photographer one weekend.
he produced nothing. i said to him too bad you couldnt catch anything for them to write about
he looked at me and said I dont want them to write and i dont want them to take pictures. i do not need someone
to let me know i can catch fish. I know that sounds cocky but he didnt want to let any info out.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account