2011/07/08 08:54:58
jolie
ha!

I could give them to you, I guess, but I'd be shocked if you caught anything there. certainly I never have.

the zoo is not my obsession.
2011/07/08 09:01:22
outfortrout
What incentive is there for someone to help you not just in regards to Kinzua but for anywhere? So that they can come and crowd you out of your favorite spots? So that they can post pictures on the internet and practically draw a map of where to go so that everybody and their brother can come crowd you out of your favorite spots?

The best thing you can do is get out on the water as much as you can and pay your dues. Learn all that you can on your own. If you're lucky then some kind soul, for whatever reason, may give you a pointer or two either when you're out on the water or maybe they'll send you a PM on an internet forum. Soak up this information because it can greatly decrease your learning curve, but don't expect type of help though because there is really no incentive to do it.

Your best bet is probably still the old fashioned way of visiting the local bait shops. They have incentive to want to help you. If you catch fish then you'll come back and buy more bait and equipment.
2011/07/08 09:31:28
bingsbaits
2011/07/08 09:43:17
outfortrout
Better go back and check that quote you posted old Binger. I've never fished the Yough and never inquired about it.
2011/07/08 09:45:13
bingsbaits
My bad out....
2011/07/08 09:56:14
jolie

ORIGINAL: outfortrout

What incentive is there for someone to help you not just in regards to Kinzua but for anywhere? So that they can come and crowd you out of your favorite spots? So that they can post pictures on the internet and practically draw a map of where to go so that everybody and their brother can come crowd you out of your favorite spots?

The best thing you can do is get out on the water as much as you can and pay your dues. Learn all that you can on your own. If you're lucky then some kind soul, for whatever reason, may give you a pointer or two either when you're out on the water or maybe they'll send you a PM on an internet forum. Soak up this information because it can greatly decrease your learning curve, but don't expect type of help though because there is really no incentive to do it.

Your best bet is probably still the old fashioned way of visiting the local bait shops. They have incentive to want to help you. If you catch fish then you'll come back and buy more bait and equipment.

+1 and yet. sometimes, we talk. I do have to admit, that I've said more than I should have in reflection. call it blind niave compassion... or blind niave idiocy. for there is a virtual city of fishhungry folks scanning our every , poorly written words.

---

on the other hand the least we can do is NOT perpetuate the false myth that this forums and a couple others (like grizzly garies) are NOT filled with hints, tips, and things we probably should have kept to ourselves (and close friends).
2011/07/08 10:15:03
outfortrout
Oh I definitely scour for information as well Jolie. We all do. Otherwise what would be the point of having fishing forums? You just can't "expect" help from people because like I said there is really no incentive to do it. If someone is nice enough to help you out then you better appreciate it and not abuse it.
2011/07/08 12:08:01
pghmarty
what more could you ask for- GPS numbers?

42.040497, -78.904238 Reservation
41.888796, -78.904710 Sugar Run
41.772112,-78.885688 Red Bridge

Just for you Tull, don't tell anyone else.
2011/07/08 12:40:37
lunker49
In regards to information and getting it. I have never fished the Dam but have fished the tailrace for years. It is no different than any other water. you have to learn it know it and watch the patterns. now there are nice fish, many more than your normal everyday
spot. they just are not easy to catch. If i was to bet why people are so closed mouth around places like kinzua-it may have something to do with what happens in the fall around the tributaries of Erie. But you are free to fish where you wish. i live 100 miles from kinzua and i did just fine years ago.
2011/07/08 12:45:32
KingKool
Any big (25+ lb.) carp up there????

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account