2011/08/27 08:47:13
troutguy
I have a few ?'s on Sugar lake in between Cochranton and Titusville. The boat I have is 90HP so it looks like I'm shore fishing, is there any good shore access? I noticed it is supposed to have pickerel, how good is the fishing for them? I've never caught one before. And if there is ok shore access could you night fish? The PFBC's biologist report says it has a good population of bullheads and might want to try night fishing for them.
2011/08/27 09:38:41
Ymesss
Although you cant used your 90 hp, i would imagine you have a trolling motor. You could easily navigate the entire lake with an electric motor. Sugar lake is quite small.

Honestly ive only seen bass there, but they stock musky in there as well. Also heard of the pickerel.
2011/08/27 11:02:20
Pachuckles
Sugar Lake has a 10 hp limit on it. The lake is sheltered by the surrounding hills so doesn't get real rough. There's not much of an area to fish from shore.(maybe 25/30 yards) But it does have Musky, Bass, Catfish, Bowfin, Gills & Perch.
2011/08/27 11:14:19
JDRamz
back in the 90s i caught some really nice Bass in Sugar lake, from shore.
2011/08/27 11:32:38
troutguy
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I do have an electric on it, so maybe I will take the boat out. What about night fishing? Theres some spots by my house that close like at 10(mainly parks) is it like that on Sugar?
2011/08/27 12:16:42
navymanmmc
You can fish all night if ya want, ive done it many times for cats.
2011/08/27 12:40:56
Ymesss
I really like the creek that flows out of the east side of the lake, there are a ton of perfect ambush spots for musky to be sitting. It was pretty full of weeds last time i was there (over a month ago), but it looks promising to me. 
2011/08/27 19:14:42
wade alexander
saw some guys fishing cats one night .... did a bit of musky fishing from shore didnt see nothing tho
2011/08/28 00:36:09
mrman1976
I hit it from the 1st time ever this year and had a lot of fun on the south side of the lake. this was during may and early june. Water levels were up and the bass and pickerel wouldn't leave the white spinnerbaits alone.....

tried in july and it was too hot and dry, water levels way down and nothing was biting...

electic trolling motor should work fine for the whole lake cause it's basically a really big pond. Shore fishing access limited to the hotel side of the lake because they own that area and they don't mind over there. otherwise it's privately owned all the way around.

good luck with the fishing there
2011/08/28 01:19:53
wade alexander
havent heard much about this lake... id imagine most people dont talk about it tho because of it being pretty small. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account