2011/08/16 13:32:09
Bigpikeguy
I have not heard alot about the musky up at the pymatuning this time of year. I'm heading up this weekend and plan on trolling for some of those big boys lol. Any idea what structure i should target? I was thinking some underwater humps and drop offs? I really dont know what the hell im doing lol. What end of the lake seems to produce better this time of year? I was gonna troll with some bigger cranks like belivers some big storm flat minnows big rattle traps and maybe even a bull dog. I may stop and cast at some weeds around cold waater inlets with some buzz baits and spinners to see it that does anything as well. I am very new to musky fishing in general and really could use some advice for the pymie. no need to give me exact spots, just what type of structure to look for this time of year and i will hit those areas hard. SOme lures of choice may help me as well. Thanks in advance! Please practice CPR ( catch, picture, Release) !
2011/08/16 15:19:13
anzomcik
Open water, look for bait.
2011/08/16 16:06:11
wade alexander
there everywhere they might be more in open deeper water but there still shallow around structure too.  i dont know the lake very well tho ive never went very far on it.

2011/08/17 16:30:42
Bigpikeguy
Thanks guys! I was goona go the open water rout and look for some humps. I got a few places in mind but im just trying to figure out what lures to run. Think i should go with bigger lures or stick to lure in the 6 to 8 inch range??? We just wanna boat some fish. Not really worried about size. Thnaks!
2011/08/17 21:32:29
anzomcik
As far as lure types, keep trying things until you find the pattern that is working. Go fast 4-6mph
2011/08/22 09:13:49
Bigpikeguy
Well i did not hook up with any muskie this weekend but i had a good time trying :) We trolled all over the lake and put in over 25 miles in on saturday alone. I trolled with everything i could think of in the box. I bumbed my speed up and down but that did not seem to help either. I ran bait everywhere from 10' back to 60' back and no go lol. I did learn alot about the lake this weekend, and i found some new spots that i will check out again next spring. I was marking big fish on my sonar and i had one good bump on a rod but it was a hit and miss. Oh well thats fishing and ya cant always get em! I just wanted to say thanks for all the help and the PM's.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account