2011/09/01 14:14:07
ShutUpNFish
Ummmm READ a little harder....try to at least comprehend what you've read....then you can try to explain your point

Ok I'm sorry I even said a word...I'm done with this. Carry on boys....enjoy all the muskie slayin' success!!
2011/09/01 14:29:24
Ymesss
ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

You young bucks get all fired up, especially when the truth hits right at home...just relax. Muskie fishing isn't the same as walleye fishing or steelhead or any other for that matter. If you're a rookie, and stick with it (which I doubt you will with your attitude and responses), you will find that out pretty quick. Most seasoned muskie anglers, with any sort of success, will rarely be heard from here...I was simply trying to help you out and tell it like it is, and you obviously could not handle it. I did, after all, say not to take offense.

Im just trying to save a little time by getting on the right track sooner.

Of course you are, an evident result of the "instant gratification" age. As I said, that **** don't fly in muskie fishing, because muskie fishing is ALL ABOUT TIME....the MORE time spent, the more success you will have. After you smarten up, if you smarten up (which some don't) on what to do where and how. Got it? Probably not. I'm sure you'll come back with some snide, snippy and angry response anyway.

Am I acting like I'm the king of musky fishing in western pa?

You certainly were not. Thats why I offered to help with a valid suggestion. You are the one who took offense and got defensive. Am I the king of muskie fishing in PA? Ummmmm NO, nor do I think so. "Know it all hardass"? Well, as far as muskie fishing goes, I will say that after 25+ years of experience, well over a thousand caught and released fish, involvements in several muskie preservation organizations and made efforts/petitions for the current PA regulations, etc, etc....Yes, I know a lot about muskie fishing since I've devoted half of my life to it. Yes, I can also confidently say that I have caught more, put more time in and KNOW more than MOST people do in regards to muskie fishing. Does that make me better than you??? H3LL NO! I never insinuated that either. I was just stating the facts.

So what more kind of information are YOU looking for? I suppose you want to know how to catch them and what methods are best suited for Wilhelm. I suppose you also want the most productive spots and lures too? So, be specific about what you want to know about wilhelm....do you just want to know if others are having success? Where does it lead from there? The guys catching the fish there, aren't going to tell you anyhow....look at the the responses....ALL from those who DON'T catch fish there, of course. I gave the only legitimate/positive response to what you were ACTUALLY looking for....A HOPE that there ARE fish there....willing fish?? THATS ALL UP TO YOU SIR.

Im not looking for a spotburn or anything like that, I just haven't heard one wisper from any locals about the lake for musky. Hell, I only think ive ever seen one other guy musky fishing on the lake.

So why did you post this soon after you opened the thread? I think you're well aware that this may be a touchy, tight lipped subject from square one....Its muskie fishing. I'm sure you will learn...

Final Note: Most who know me here, know that I AM certainly willing to help a guy out, even take him fishing, etc.....However, I'm NOT willing to spoonfeed over the net...NEVER...Don't take it wrong either YMess....I'm just speaking in general terms, not directly to you.

You come across in a negative tone in your responses, and also a disrespectful manner. That is what makes me return the favor to you. Im not here to start a fight on the internet, but I wonder about people who respond to a friendly post about a local fishing lake they way you did.

What are your intentions, to put the young musky fishing crowd in its place? Hell, we all go out there to catch fish. Believe me, I'd of quit already if I was too impatient for the task of musky fishing. I guess trying to increase my fishing knowledge of a lake by trying to pull some information from people who have fished the area more than I have (or have had more success) is considered a young generation "I want everything without doing the work" kind of approach. Thats fine by me.

Here's what I have learned from you though Shutupandfish, I guess Im gonna have to beat the water of Wilhelm until I find out some of the answers i'm looking for. But what you need to learn is no one is going to respect you more for bad talking people's efforts to improve their own fishing experience. And that's what your doing. Sometimes when you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say it, because obviously you don't like the criticism either...

2011/09/01 14:42:33
ShutUpNFish
Ymess...you certainly seem like a good dude and I apologize for coming across brash, but thats just me. Its NOT negative, its to the point. As I said before, don't take it the wrong way or take offense to it. EVERYONE should accept the fact that reading on the net in a forum is far different from reading a person's actual body language or conversing with them in person.

If you seriously want some help or would like to know what I feel to be good methods, FOR ME, on Wilhelm; you can certainly PM me and we can talk like men....instead of this name calling and insinuating blah blah blah BS. I just don't talk about details out in an open forum thats all.

Later...
2011/09/01 14:52:57
Ymesss

Ymess...you certainly seem like a good dude and I apologize for coming across brash, but thats just me. Its NOT negative, its to the point. As I said before, don't take it the wrong way or take offense to it. EVERYONE should accept the fact that reading on the net in a forum is far different from reading a person's actual body language or conversing with them in person.

If you seriously want some help or would like to know what I feel to be good methods, FOR ME, on Wilhelm; you can certainly PM me and we can talk like men....instead of this name calling and insinuating blah blah blah BS. I just don't talk about details out in an open forum thats all.

Later...

Alright. Fair enough.
2011/09/01 15:17:41
wade alexander

dont tell me this isnt funny^^
2011/09/01 16:09:20
TastyTrout

Ummmm READ a little harder....try to at least comprehend what you've read....then you can try to explain your point

Ok I'm sorry I even said a word...I'm done with this. Carry on boys....enjoy all the muskie slayin' success!!

You start out by saying that seasoned muskie anglers with any sort of success will rarely be heard from on here...and then go out to explain how seasoned you are and what experience you have.  That's very contradictory.  Please feel free to PM me to explain the difference.  There's no reason to have to explain on the boards but I'm certainly interested to see your response.  There's clearly no reason to read any harded.  But I do look forward to your most likely VERY LONG response that's a bunch of nonsense and doesn't give a specific answer.

Ymess...I certainly can't help with the muskie fishing on Wilhelm but I hope you get the info and fish that you're looking for.
2011/09/01 16:28:01
bingsbaits
Mabee you boys should be on the boards awhile before throwing out the Troll card.

SUF is a stand up dude that is a contributing member on this board.

He is one hell of a Musky fisherman.

TT get to know the man before you run your piehole...
2011/09/01 16:34:36
ShutUpNFish
ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

You start out by saying that seasoned muskie anglers with any sort of success will rarely be heard from on here...and then go out to explain how seasoned you are and what experience you have.  That's very contradictory.  Please feel free to PM me to explain the difference.  There's no reason to have to explain on the boards but I'm certainly interested to see your response.  There's clearly no reason to read any harded.  But I do look forward to your most likely VERY LONG response that's a bunch of nonsense and doesn't give a specific answer.

Ymess...I certainly can't help with the muskie fishing on Wilhelm but I hope you get the info and fish that you're looking for.

You opened the can 'o worms, I'll close it right now....I was not referring to myself in this instance. I said MOST....there is a difference between MOST and ALL isn't there?? So no, you are wrong....was I wrong in saying not much info would be acquired out here? Did he find what he wanted to find out? It is NOT "very contradictory". And do you see me talking about where I fish, when I fish or how I fish for muskies?? Do you know how many muskies I have caught this year and where and on what? Nope. I do not disclose that info on an open internet forum....I may certainly post some photos of the fish I have caught for your viewing pleasure, but thats it. Specific enough for you? I sure hope so, because my long winded responses are mainly to appease the more sensitive types and those knuckleheads who have a hard time understanding things without a book being written and every angle covered.....trust me, I wish I could say what I try to say in just a few words!
2011/09/01 18:53:12
buck306
Holy crap guys this drama should be on tv. I think you would get good ratings
2011/09/01 20:38:27
acmaul13
I'll throw this out there for Y'all.Musky's are called the fish of 10,000 casts for a reason

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account