2011/08/29 16:42:06
bubblegumworm
Out in the middle of the lake is much easier than on shore. To pick the fish up start lifting w/ the gripper and slide the fish on the side of the kayak and slide your hand under the belly till your hand is behind the first rear fin. The picture with wade alexander is a good example of where this is. I would use the rear pole light. the headlamps only when needed so you eyes adjust to the dark and you'll have more distance vision. A strobe will probably annoy your buddy and anyone else around you.
ORIGINAL: buck306

Yeah kayaking at night will be the first for me and I am getting a strobe light to put on the back. Now I do sit there day dreaming hoping and thinking what the F*** am I going to do if I do get a big muskie and.......... I have not decided yet. I will be in the middle of the water some where trying to figure out how to get it on my lap to get a pic of it with out falling in. It will be challenging but I will figure it out and I will put pics up to if I do or don't get anything

2011/08/30 09:22:20
buck306
How can I post a picture and add a pic underneath my name. I have been in my managa my account and either I am dumb or it's just not working out for me. I am one of those people were I need Phonics for adults for step by step explanation on how to do things.
2011/08/30 09:27:06
buck306
And again guys thank you for the help. I am taking what ever I can get as gospel. I do my studying and ask around on what to do to better my chances on things. I pick the brains of the experience to make my self experience and I pass it on.
2011/09/01 10:23:12
buck306
And tell me dose weather play a big part in fishing for the beast? Would a top water bait work when the water is wave up. What to use in what situation as have baits? As I have been thinking about it I was thinking I would not think top water baits would work well when the surface of the water was NOT flat.
2011/09/01 18:26:57
bubblegumworm
ORIGINAL: buck306

And tell me dose weather play a big part in fishing for the beast? Would a top water bait work when the water is wave up. What to use in what situation as have baits? As I have been thinking about it I was thinking I would not think top water baits would work well when the surface of the water was NOT flat.

Zara spook style, single and double props, or very noisy topwaters all work in moderate (1-2ft) waves. Look for Lee Tauchen articles on the subject. Esox Angler had a great article on the subject from him with a great chart relating lures to waves (up to 4ft) and water temps. Esox Angler magazine has fallen off the face of the Earth however.
2011/09/01 19:15:27
buck306
Yeah I will look into it thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account