2011/08/26 01:53:50
buck306
Yeah kayaking at night will be the first for me and I am getting a strobe light to put on the back. Now I do sit there day dreaming hoping and thinking what the F*** am I going to do if I do get a big muskie and.......... I have not decided yet. I will be in the middle of the water some where trying to figure out how to get it on my lap to get a pic of it with out falling in. It will be challenging but I will figure it out and I will put pics up to if I do or don't get anything
2011/08/26 02:21:03
wade alexander
iegh... lol hope you got a plan man as much as i like pymy and hope u get one...i thought a bit about it and if i was going to night fish in a kayak id prolly go to tamarack...  pulling big jitterbugs, or topraider type lures,bucktails... pretty good lake for casting from shore also
2011/08/27 00:24:26
buckeyefish
Hey all thanks for the tips...
I will be going along with buck306 and would like to state that we will have are kayaks lit up like a Christmas tree. we both will have a light very similar to the scottie light that bubblegumworm brought up.
I will also have http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5203678/WildCat_Lighting_LED_fishing_l
well Im not paying 150 for them but I will have something like it.
Anyway I just wanted to "time in" and say we are not nuts.
I would also like to extend a welcome to anyone who would like to get in to kayak fishing.

2011/08/27 11:36:23
buck306
So is there anyone else that wants to give up any good places in PYMA. And what is everyone thoughts on how clean pyma is. I like to eat catfish but not a big fan of them eating anything that comes there way so not set with me well that depending on where you go they can be a dirty fish to eat.
2011/08/27 12:32:08
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: buck306

So is there anyone else that wants to give up any good places in PYMA. And what is everyone thoughts on how clean pyma is. I like to eat catfish but not a big fan of them eating anything that comes there way so not set with me well that depending on where you go they can be a dirty fish to eat.

Certainly clean enough.  I've ate channel cats from there before and they tasted great.  Still keep the walleye, crappie, and perch that I catch from there as well.
2011/08/27 13:05:22
buck306
That's good to know thanks
2011/08/28 12:42:05
CAPTAIN HOOK
Night fishing can pay off but it's more of a challenge. Musky do feed aggresive at night but what night? Your at the right lake just got to hit the right night......good luck.  Night fishing photos ..... http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/580443244XsTYKW
2011/08/28 18:29:29
outasync
i would try take some night time trips before if it is your first trip out and wouldnt recommend trying to put a musky on your lap as you said that could turn out very very bad very quickly
2011/08/28 21:19:40
buck306
Yeah that's what I am worried about but we will see how it goes if and that a BIG if we get anything.
2011/08/29 10:35:10
rpuerzer
I kayak fish for musky and have caught them both casting and trolling.  I use a jaw gripper and keep the musky outside the kayak.  I would recommend long nose pliers and hook cutters. Your safety and that of the musky becomes very critical once hooked.   

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account