2011/09/07 10:52:02
ecca
Hello fellow anglers-
I have never ever fish Pymatuning in my life, but everyone I talk to says if you like fishing for crappie it is a must. I enjoy the fall bite and was wondering if any of you anglers could point me in the right direction in regards to area to fish, sturctures, tech, and depths. Any help would be much appreciated. I am looking to take my little boy up there within the next couple of weeks.

THanks in advance-Tim
2011/09/07 11:13:39
lureloser
shore fishing or boat
2011/09/07 11:16:31
eyeassassin
do you know where you plan to launch
2011/09/07 14:01:39
ecca
I will go wherever people tell me...1st time up there...I will be fishing from a boat....thanks!!
2011/09/07 14:39:02
toad01
water temp around 78 i would wait a couple weeks
2011/09/07 14:43:13
Porktown
I'm definitely not an expert on this lake at all, but love fishing that place. I've done pretty well out of both Linesville and Jamestown (stayed at the campgrounds/cabins of each). Linesville has "The Stumps" an easy motor from the marina. Not sure exactly when these are best (think Spring) but a ton of cover. Sunken trees everywhere, probably $1M worth of tackle hung up in an acre... Jamestown has the dam closer, with a ton of sunken islands and small above water islands close, filled with nice drop offs. There is a pretty nice little inlet at the campground too if you don't want to take the boat out, or motor far. The lake is much deeper in general by Jamestown than Linesville. The "Causeway" is about half way between the two. I know that is kind of general, but all I pretty much know about the place and still managed to catch a few slabs and decent perch with other fish mixed in, just about any time that I go.
2011/09/07 18:47:47
Pachuckles
Here's a link to a map of Pymie that I use to help me find some places they talk about when fishing Pymie.

http://mappery.com/map-of/Pymatuning-Lake-State-Park-Fishing-Map
2011/09/08 04:19:53
FlyFishermen2
I would recommend fishing by the causeway whether your fishing from shore or a boat.  Try to stay close to the bridge.  If you are fishing from shore I would recommend going under the bridge and working around the pilers.  There is a lot of trees and rebar at the bottom so you watch out for snags.  I would use a jig tipped with a minnow (I hear crappie rigs work great too).  I have seen people catch 20 -30 crappie in two hours on Mr. twisters as well.  You might even pick up a walleye or bass.  There is a launch right next to the causeway so you will not have to take the boat to far. 

In the spring drift through the stumps up by Linesville. 
2011/09/08 06:13:34
Grizz747
Here is a link to a good map. Right now I would concentrate on the bridges on the causeway and the river channel from Manning launch south to the Pa. bridge.

http://ohiodnr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=2PpdU%2bZPhQw%3d&tabid=23047
2011/09/08 09:09:32
spg
Fish the brush piles.  Jig and tail or minnows.   You can catch them this time of the year.  Try this site it will help.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/water/habitat/mgmt_plans/lake/pymatuning.pdf

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account