2011/10/11 19:51:24
bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: wade alexander

please its a joke...many portions of rivers and streams are pretty inaccessible. unless you got a machette or float it and get out along the way, occasionally carrying your canoe or kyak.

all your really stating man is yea we cater to the "fly guys" which is cool just why dont they buy a different tag or fish on private property;)

isnt nothing against you man i just dont agree with the regs. its discussed in many states/forums, with the same bs answers and all goes back to the same deal. theres money to be made pleasing pple and screwing others... isnt a big deal to me but pretty clear to see

I sure as he11 hope you don't cosider me a BIG MONEY FLY GUY..

I'm poor as a pauper...

Why all the animosity towards other fisherman who just use different tackle ?? Will never understand that...
2011/10/11 23:21:02
wade alexander
i do like this quote tho that i found on another site i was reading one time discussing the same thing

Socially speaking mandated catch and release with artificial only bait regulations effectively establishes a State sponsored and supported recreational playground for a select group of fishermen while excluding others.

i myself think its alot more satisfying catching fish on lures,   but this  just never made sense to me or quit a few other pple...

i dont hate fly/artificial... fishing is fishing, i just dont see why they would make sections only for it.

of course theres two sides to anything controversial : )p ... 

2011/10/12 02:51:03
kylerloveshotdogs
all i can say is, The most non-littered and ethical waters I have ever fished seem to be that way because of the fisherman and the respect given toward one another while on them.  Funny how fish hold in these places all year (for the most part), and the bank isn't covered in hot dog wrappers, unless kyler was there, and broken beer bottles.  i could drone but I am getting some good rest off and L

2011/10/12 08:29:17
ShutUpNFish
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: wade alexander

please its a joke...many portions of rivers and streams are pretty inaccessible. unless you got a machette or float it and get out along the way, occasionally carrying your canoe or kyak.

all your really stating man is yea we cater to the "fly guys" which is cool just why dont they buy a different tag or fish on private property;)

isnt nothing against you man i just dont agree with the regs. its discussed in many states/forums, with the same bs answers and all goes back to the same deal. theres money to be made pleasing pple and screwing others... isnt a big deal to me but pretty clear to see

I sure as he11 hope you don't cosider me a BIG MONEY FLY GUY..

I'm poor as a pauper...

Why all the animosity towards other fisherman who just use different tackle ?? Will never understand that...

No Bings, its simply because this guy hasn't a clue about half the stuff he is trying to talk about. Just go down through each of his ramblings and you will clearly see that the more he writes, the more he contradicts himself and the more clueless he proves to be.

The best evidence is how he chimes in on EVERY muskie thread as if he knows EVERYTHING muskies, but yet proceeds to tell us that he has only been targeting them for a year...Enough for me to ignore his meaningless banter.
2011/10/12 17:08:09
wade alexander
i love the personal attacks man, is classy.

the topic was about gulp ect... all i said was the artificial only areas are bs anyhow because its just catering to fly guys. which is all it is.  you can believe whatever you want

i dont deny that there are some up sides to it as people have said

is what it is

2011/10/12 22:11:19
mohawksyd
You're digging your heels into the notion that fly guys are the sole beneficiaries of DHALOs and it simply isn't true.

Delayed Harvest, Artificial Lures Only waters DON'T "cater" to fly guys. Anyone who wants to leave the mealworms and Powerbait at home and try their hands at artificial lures can fish them. This includes fly fishermen, but it does not exclude spin guys. The exclusion is the bait, not the fisherman. The Delayed Harvest goal is self explanatory, and the Artificial Lure Only mandate is a complimentary adjunct of achieving that goal.

The topic was Gulp and whether or not it constitutes an artifical lure. You turned it into a weak referendum on how "fly guys" are being given preferential treatment vis-a-vis DHALO areas, threw in the obligatory "fly snob" comment, and insisted that DHALOS were established for the exclusive use of fly fishermen who bought their way into precluding spin guys from fishing a stretch of water. Patently false.

By your own admission, you don't fish for trout that much. You clearly don't fly fish. If you did either (with much less emphasis on the latter), you might better appreciate the special regulation areas for what they are. Quite frankly, unless and until you do, you're just a clanging gong. Go find a local DHALO and snap a rooster tail to the end of your swivel...maybe you'll feel differently. Just don't pin it all on fly guys...that's a losing argument.

This from a guy who fished DHALOs LONG before he ever picked up a fly rod.
2011/10/12 23:39:21
outasync
ive fished several dhal areas with spinning gear and enjoy not having to bypass large sections of water where bait fisherman are camped drowning worms, maggots ect. As for fly fishermen being snobs i dont agree one bit ive had numerous fly guys offer me a fly to try and tell me how to do it on a spinning rod when i wasnt catching fish and they were.
2011/10/13 02:25:32
wade alexander
im not saying theres anything wrong with fly fishing or artificial lures

just that artificial only areas are kinda bs in the first place

"ive fished several dhal areas with spinning gear and enjoy not having to bypass large sections of water where bait fisherman are camped drowning worms, maggots ect."

and i dont like quoting pple or trying to argue about it just saying it seems more political than anything
the topic gets discussed alot of other places too, is just a lot of petty bickering but interesting

2011/10/13 09:52:52
ShutUpNFish

ORIGINAL: mohawksyd

You're digging your heels into the notion that fly guys are the sole beneficiaries of DHALOs and it simply isn't true.

Delayed Harvest, Artificial Lures Only waters DON'T "cater" to fly guys. Anyone who wants to leave the mealworms and Powerbait at home and try their hands at artificial lures can fish them. This includes fly fishermen, but it does not exclude spin guys. The exclusion is the bait, not the fisherman. The Delayed Harvest goal is self explanatory, and the Artificial Lure Only mandate is a complimentary adjunct of achieving that goal.

The topic was Gulp and whether or not it constitutes an artifical lure. You turned it into a weak referendum on how "fly guys" are being given preferential treatment vis-a-vis DHALO areas, threw in the obligatory "fly snob" comment, and insisted that DHALOS were established for the exclusive use of fly fishermen who bought their way into precluding spin guys from fishing a stretch of water. Patently false.

By your own admission, you don't fish for trout that much. You clearly don't fly fish. If you did either (with much less emphasis on the latter), you might better appreciate the special regulation areas for what they are. Quite frankly, unless and until you do, you're just a clanging gong. Go find a local DHALO and snap a rooster tail to the end of your swivel...maybe you'll feel differently. Just don't pin it all on fly guys...that's a losing argument.

This from a guy who fished DHALOs LONG before he ever picked up a fly rod.

Yep
2011/10/17 11:17:35
bubblegumworm
Molded plastic is OK as long as it is not an egg imitation. Gulp is like molded bread on a hook... not Ok.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account