2011/10/05 17:27:59
troutguy
Are you allowed to use Gulp plastics in Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only sections of trout streams? I know they are artificial and not live bait, but wasn't sure since they're scented.
2011/10/05 21:23:33
kylerloveshotdogs
been rehashed here before, try using the search engine for better answers but as i remember, consensus rules that it is in the hands of the officer patrolling the area.  some consider it ok while others do not. 

if you know how to talk to an authority figure, you will not get fined, but rather a warning if they consider a rub on the finger no-no.
2011/10/05 21:45:13
wade alexander
says bait paste or similiar.... so is probably illegal...

2011/10/05 22:07:04
kill3ducks1deer
Call or email the fish commission, you will get an answer from them in a few days

2011/10/05 23:25:08
SevenMileShowcase
Ive seen this before and my input is that if its a powerbait its illegal like the worms but floating mice tails and gulp worms different from the alive brand are legal along with trout magnets. talked to officer at buffalo creek and he approved of floating mice tails trout magnets and worms upload a pic if you have to so i can see cause anymore therre are so many brands
2011/10/06 09:20:25
FishinGuy
I emailed berkley about this and never got a reply...
2011/10/06 10:28:52
kylerloveshotdogs
ORIGINAL: kill3ducks1deer

Call or email the fish commission, you will get an answer from them in a few days

as I already said, use the search function

they have already been contacted about the issue

powerworms and the like are legal
2011/10/06 11:03:18
Different WCO's have different interpretations.

On a local DHALO, one pointedly asked me if I had scented worms (which I didn't) and said not to use them. Few days later, another WCO was patrolling and I asked him if scented worms were OK (still didn't have any, just asked out of curiosity). He said they were fine.

All WCO's I've encountered on DHALO areas are fine with trout magnets and other unscented soft plastics. I personally won't use anything scented or the like because (1) the way I read the regs they're illegal and (2) the way some WCO's read the regs they're illegal.

I'd rather not pay a fine.
2011/10/06 15:01:32
troutguy
Thanks for the replies. I don't have any pictures, but they are the regular Gulp plastic minnows(3in. I think) that you'll find in the plastic worm section of stores. I have contacted the PFBC but probably won't get a response until tomarrow. I'll try searching it too.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account