2011/09/21 17:45:46
Fishon1021
It's been too many years, but does anyone fish French Creek where Conneautee Creek dumps in? I was wondering if it's worth a drive to try that place again?
2011/09/21 19:02:30
wade alexander
u mean at shaws landing
2011/09/22 08:04:30
Pork
Nope, the crick at shaws is the conneaut outlet.
Conneauttee comes out of Edinboro lake.

Used to fish it all the time, one of my favorite spots on the northern side of french.
Haven't been up there in a couple years, but it's always worth the drive IMO.
Good place to catch bowfin, among other things...and see flying squirrels.
2011/09/22 09:21:29
Ymesss
ORIGINAL: Pork

Nope, the crick at shaws is the conneaut outlet.
Conneauttee comes out of Edinboro lake.

Used to fish it all the time, one of my favorite spots on the northern side of french.
Haven't been up there in a couple years, but it's always worth the drive IMO.
Good place to catch bowfin, among other things...and see flying squirrels.

Pork the french creek guru... lol

Im surprised your not down at the mercer pike bridge banging bowfin all day because you live so close to it haha.
2011/09/22 09:22:53
Ymesss
double post, delete
2011/09/22 10:45:37
Bogeyjoker
I used to slam walleye there in May/June, but that was 20 years ago.
2011/09/22 12:10:13
bubblegumworm
Started there and went upstream on kayak last yaer a couple times. Amazing how the area is a big pool. Lots of timber in the water. I fished for musky w/out success. PFBC warning abut a bridge downstream that could fall in the water at any time.
2011/09/23 00:06:00
wade alexander
o is that up by cambridge? have never gotten up that far if it is..was a guy talking bout it tonight, i know the creeks pretty low but anywhere theres some deeper holes or some fast moving water should be a good time:) have gotten some walleye this summer, things should be getting better now with some water coming and colder weather
2011/09/23 11:42:01
FLATFISH4F
My camp is near French Creek where Conneautee Creek comes into it. Its out Cambridge Springs Pa. Come south on RT 19 Riverside motel is on the left at the red light turn right. Go stright out go about a mile or so, you can see a parking lot on the left. That is where Conneautee Creek comes into French creek. You can catch some big walleyes in october and november. As springs comes it is also good as soon ice out in the spring time. Thanks for looking and have a nice day
2011/09/23 13:52:24
malice6372
Was in French Creek last weekend, in the canoe. Managed 4 small bass and a small pike between 2 of us. Everything looks like prime real estate, but we just couldn't get them to hit.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account