2011/12/06 20:36:05
smallmouth76
Put a few more muskies in , bait eating machines that live a long time.
2011/12/13 09:01:08
JEB
ORIGINAL: SmMouthSeeker

ORIGINAL: bronzeback2

Sounds like they need to stock some wipers.

Do what the game commission did for the Pheasants. Close the season on wipers for 10 years to let them populate. 

SMS: FYI: Wipers are stertile as all hybrids are. Thats why they can be a good experimental species to stock. If they do not produce the desired outcome, they will eventaully just die off.
2011/12/13 21:22:19
SmMouthSeeker
ORIGINAL: JEB

ORIGINAL: SmMouthSeeker

ORIGINAL: bronzeback2

Sounds like they need to stock some wipers.

Do what the game commission did for the Pheasants. Close the season on wipers for 10 years to let them populate. 

SMS: FYI: Wipers are stertile as all hybrids are. Thats why they can be a good experimental species to stock. If they do not produce the desired outcome, they will eventaully just die off.
Thank you, I didn't know that.
2011/12/13 22:01:07
JEB
Your welcome
2011/12/20 11:04:11
Fish5000

SMS: FYI: Wipers are sterile as all hybrids are. Thats why they can be a good experimental species to stock. If they do not produce the desired outcome, they will eventaully just die off.

Excellent point JEB . At times I don't write/ mention the obvious , thinking that " everybody knows that " . I should have written that most times introducing a foreign species doesn't work because ... and then should have continued with wipers and hybrids . Another good reason why writers should critically proof read their composition ! Thanks for the clarification !  
2011/12/21 20:07:32
nw/jigmaster
Have seen millions of these fish die .. year after year @ pymie.. Usually after first ice..Was there 1 year with about 1 inch of black ice.. they were still dying under the clear ice.. flopping and twitching to death.. Yet they come back year after year.. Maybe once establised always established..
2011/12/21 23:36:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
Muskies eat very few Shad. They prefer Carp and Suckers over most other species. These babies love Shad and lots of them!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2011/12/22 11:28:24
Porktown
Cpt. You had to do that didn't you? It's not even cold out, but your picture has given me cabin fever!

Nothing like seeing those spikey dorsal fins break the surface, before making that final of 5 or so drag testing runs... If only the state decided to make it the new "trout", I'd gladly pay for a wiper stamp.
2011/12/23 09:54:20
bronzeback2
Yep got me thinking spring too and I'll second making them the new trout, stamp and all. Just wish there was more places with them.
2011/12/23 23:26:04
smallmouth76

ORIGINAL: CAPTAIN HOOK

Muskies eat very few Shad. They prefer Carp and Suckers over most other species. These babies love Shad and lots of them!

Muskies in lakes will target the larger schools of bait fish .Chautauqua = perch no doubt. River systems suckers bass ect..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account