2019/02/20 18:34:09
crappiefisher
 Good, I'll spool a couple Crappy & Eye reels up. Give me something to do tonight. My son will never know the difference lol.
2019/02/20 18:44:15
CAPTAIN HOOK
Jeremiah Byler
I stay away from the spillway sonar snagfest, but walleyes do catch baitfish by pinning them against the bottom.  That is why when jigging a lot of them end strike on the fall and end up hooked on the underside of the mouth.  That's a legit predatory strike and a one way ticket to my belly.

Strange that every Walleye I've caught on minnows bouncing the bottom are all hooked inside the mouth ......never a one hooked under the mouth ....and I've caught plenty.  

I've only seen one actual Walleye strike in all my years of fishing ....it chased and smacked a Rapala lure in clear river water .....and Walleye are a lot faster than most fishermen would believe when chasing bait !   
2019/02/20 21:05:15
gizmos
H O N E S T Y...... In a nutshell, anyone can snag. If that's the intention, if you can imagine it, it will get tried.
Granted, pulling a weighted lure with two extremely sharp trebles , seems a very viable way to snag yourself some feeesh... But on the other hand, I've been a sonar jigging fool , at least on the rivers, where I would primarily fish winter season. Oh my goodness, there are days that even when the jig bite was hot, even anchoring med. fat heads over the side is goin....I make time in between to drop a sonar over the side. On given days I would pull the other rod as the sonars would be hot. Most fish..... On the drop. I would have to say, even giving it some, that 90% of the fish were on the drop. So do you keep a trophy fish that obviously was debatable !??? Nope.
Just saying.
:)
2019/02/21 13:07:30
CAPTAIN HOOK
Like I said before sonars or blade baits have their place and time especially vertical jigging mainly on ice or in boats , not saying a few fish can't be caught from shore also. On the same subject I have seen Sonars used as the #1 snagging lure where fish numbers gather especially during spawning seasons. Ever notice that in the snaggers gear it's always the heavier and larger Sonars being used , even though they come in smaller sizes....kind of odd huh ?  
2019/02/22 19:20:05
opsman

2019/02/22 21:18:58
Ugly Stik
Great photo
2019/02/22 21:35:25
opsman
Don't want to steal thunder.  Saw it on FB   Just looks like they might be getting an early start.....
2019/02/23 12:31:19
BeenThereDoneThat.
opsman
Don't want to steal thunder.  Saw it on FB   Just looks like they might be getting an early start.....

Ops, that picture ask but one thing.

What's not to love about Pymatuning? (except the circus of course😬)

Thanks for posting it.
2019/02/23 14:13:50
CAPTAIN HOOK
That be the start .....nice Pymy sky anyway .
2019/02/23 14:31:18
Admin
Opsman, that is an awesome picture! Thanks for sharing!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account