2019/02/13 11:44:07
psu_fish
My favorite is in the spring, usually in late April through May,  dudes will anchor boat right under the 285 causeway and violently jig sonars with a rod in each hand.
2019/02/13 14:52:43
BeenThereDoneThat.
For a sideshow to the circus, check out the underpass of the causeway on the PA side.

Caution if passing through. Them clear fishing lines is hard to see, dangling from above. Plus, them guys don't yell "look out below" before opening their bail and dropping heavy sonar's to the depths below.

That don't include the attitudes from boat anglers having to move, cause you might like to pass through.

(edit required(a/k/a; stupid spell check))
2019/02/13 16:20:03
fallschirmjaeger
I thought this post was about snagging on the rocks and sunken timber...because that's generally how my jigging sessions go...
2019/02/14 17:14:24
CAPTAIN HOOK
Amazing how some things never change and other regulations change every year.

They enforce tighter regs. on Crappie sizes and limits but they allow Walleye to be raked out by the buckets for a month or more ! ....lol

It sucks to have too much common sense in this crazy world !
2019/02/15 18:43:17
Meatball
crappiefisher
4AD, Know it's old LOL...

Hey crappy, what on earth were you doing in my old neighborhood of east end Canonsburg? I grew up a block from there. I'm suprised that car wash still works, I vandalized it repeatedly lmao. Neat old boat.

I always wanted to see the snagfest capt, I heard lots about it.
2019/02/15 20:58:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Meatball it's first come first served. A miniature version of the "Congo line" at Walnut, if ya would. The real treat is seeing the circus from a boat. The clowns look like they're standing on each others shoulders. Even better, being out on the lake when some moron screams "it's another monster".. every time a fish is snagged errr hooked.
2019/02/16 00:40:33
CAPTAIN HOOK
All the years I fished I never went near the place till about 3 years ago . Stopped to just watch during mid day I just wanted to see it for myself. I had no gear just wondering around Linesville to say hello to the Higgins taxidermy brothers Chip and Mark. ( excellent work especially fish ).

Anyway I watched about 15-20 guys fishing, most using fluorescent colored Sonars and almost all trying to squeeze near the wire flow area. That's the sweet zone the walleyes stack in....kind of funny looking at all those rods jigging up and down constantly especially the super long ones.  I watched two walleyes hooked under the gill plate bouncing on the rocks and both went into the coolers ! Of course they looked both ways before chucking them in.  Also seen a few fast net jobs ....you know the kind that they net the fish fast and keep it at a low profile ....lol  It's a snag fest plain and simple .....any good fishermen can see that a mile away ....I just shook my head and walked away . They can have it !

Like I said before I'd like to see what goes on about 3am there...but the PFBC allows it year after year ....it's almost a tradition now. I've heard rumors over the years from fairly good sources that some guys will take 30-50 walleye in a few nights there. No mater how good they patrol it these guys with their cell phones know when the man is around or not. No way can the wardens patrol 24/7 there.
2019/02/16 08:28:14
Walleye jigs
So Meatball is the reason I had to use a hose to wash cars for Kemp! Shame on you.
2019/02/16 10:03:19
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wow Canonsburg....you guys are way down in the Meadow's country !  Any good Greek food in town ?    
2019/02/16 10:29:28
Meatball
Hey jigs, my old man owned that lot and had kemp evicted cause the crook never paid rent. And if you remember, the high pressure wands had no triggers, quarter in and it came on. If you dropped in a quarter and walked away the hose would whip around at warp speed and bust out the lights...every time....always worth 25 cents. I didn't like the old greek prick that owned it. I made his life even more miserable on a regular basis.

Only good greek food I can think of capt is the greek orthodox church festival in June.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account