2017/10/16 15:09:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve I had no idea it was even raining, hell I was just outside checking my cams and the sun was shining, ummmm still is, in between big fluffy white and gray clouds.

Just do like we did in the good-ole-daz when we went swimmin in the criks,  clamp them wet duds in the car windows and go for a ride.  Be dry in no time.    Ahhh them good ole daz, let the fun begin!!!!

2017/10/16 15:29:52
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve I had no idea it was even raining, hell I was just outside checking my cams and the sun was shining, ummmm still is, in between big fluffy white and gray clouds.

Just do like we did in the good-ole-daz when we went swimmin in the criks,  clamp them wet duds in the car windows and go for a ride.  Be dry in no time.    Ahhh them good ole daz, let the fun begin!!!!

. Good idea about the clothes there BTDT .... sun is out now but wife just said it is still raining .... I said that’s nice ... what we having for DINNER !!!! Ouch !!! Ok learnt that from you bud ..... lol
2017/10/16 15:49:06
eyesandgillz
Just some fawns and UFOs when I took a walk after my sat. AM sit.  
While I was at my truck after my hunt, neighbor stopped to chat and said he and one of the other neighbors have found over 20 dead deer in the immediate vicinity since the end of July.   Looks like EHD hit my main area pretty good.  Did see a 6 and 8 pt in the dark driving in trying to cross in front of me, not far from my hunting area.  Not ones I would shoot but promising, I guess.  Have a few new spots closer to home I can check out so maybe this is my sign I should....
2017/10/16 19:50:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Tonight's the night, weather dude calling for frost on the pumpkin but only, for a one night stand.

Is the rut up to my little piece of Penn's Woods....... yet?
2017/10/16 20:14:53
r3g3
Had a little spike in my apple trees  today--most all day.  
Eating as best as he could with a badly broken lower jaw.
Looks to have possibly healed the way it is all twisted and shortened or he was hungry and just toughing it out.
He will have a tough, if not impossible, time this winter with harder food supplies.
Was having tough enough time trying to eat the apples.
Figure he will stay on them as long as possible.
Looked to have just found them and kept coming back real quick whenever he got spooked off.
Bow tomorrow ??
Would rather have him around and just watch out back there- but not in that kind of shape.
2017/10/16 21:00:16
fishin coyote
Got out after all the rain this afternoon. Had a nice 8 @ 12yds but couldn’t get in position to draw. The joys of ground hunting, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I saw 4 bucks(2 legal) and a couple of doe.
2017/10/16 22:14:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
👍 Eye to eye or nose to nose Yote, just don't get no better than that. Better luck next time. Thanks for the memories.
2017/10/17 05:35:12
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Another uneventful afternoon in the stand for me. Climbed down just before 7 with enough light to walk out. Was creeping my way down the old logging trail when I thought I heard something. Stop...nothing....few more steps and I hear it again. Look over the large patch of multiflora rose to my right and just on the other side I can see hickory tree getting thrashed. Couldn't make out the rack on him through the brush. Wait...wait...wait hoping he continues down to where my path and his come together and I can get a look at him in the fading light. The beating of the hickory tree finally stops. Was calm for a little bit as I stood there in the pitch black woods. Time to go, so I took 3 more steps and 10 yds away where the 2 paths come together FFFFFFFFF....crash crash crash. Hopefully next time I'll get a look at his headgear. At least it added some excitement to a slow afternoon.

Good luck to those getting out this morning. Nice cold night should have them moving.
2017/10/17 08:47:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
A frosty morning in my back yard for sure but no sign, of elusive PA WhiteTailedDeer. I'll keep a watchful vigil hoping that will change. Meanwhile I remain snug-as-a-bug, in my favorite deerstand and enjoy what nature has to offer.
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

2017/10/17 14:47:56
r3g3
Took that spike this morning.
Lower jaw had been broken and fused so his teeth couldn't mesh.
Stuck out bout 2 inches in the front from the upper.
Full stomach though.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account