2017/10/11 14:46:22
BeenThereDoneThat.
The guy on the tractor wasn't haulin a platform, was he?

Heee he... ouch! Dam it!
2017/10/11 14:59:51
mopars0
Lol ... 😜😜... no but he had a women riding with him on the fender, Showed the picture to my cousin and guess it is their neighbor and his wife , why they were back they riding around I don’t have a clue 😜👍... maybe they have some pot ( ya know them funny cigs ) plants ....oh crap did I just say that .... lol
2017/10/11 17:16:53
Walleye jigs
Heard it will mask human scent! Just a rumor.
2017/10/12 05:39:53
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was out Monday and yesterday afternoon and have seen zero out of the stands. Decided to leave a little early yesterday after getting fairly wet. As I was slowly sneaking back down the gas line to my truck I spotted what I thought was a doe 50yds out. Managed to creep my way to within 15yds of where I saw it go into the weeds when out trotted a small 4pt. Went about 25yds out, stopped for a few, then just slowly went about his business not caring I was there. I can't wait for the cooler temps to get here and stay. Saturday looks like another warm one.
2017/10/12 05:55:08
Big Tuna
Been out 3 times,twice in Ohio and last night in Pa. One small 8pts and a doe and fawn in Ohio. Yesterday I sat from 3:45 till dark,nothing unless your counting a adult beaver.lol There was a big rub about 50 yards away from my spot that was not there a few days ago. This area all new to me, kind of different hunting in the suburbs,high rise buildings and constant highway traffic. lol This is the same woods my son killed his monster 8 pts last year. He was about a hundred yards away,no deer but a small flock of hens and young of the year. It was really hot and muggy last night,can't wait for cooler temps.
2017/10/12 08:45:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Geez fella's your 'catching' sure wasn't bountiful but your experience certainly was interesting. Appreciate yinz taking the time to post and thanks for so many memories.

Not much happening at the hunting grounds of BTDT. I've not enjoyed the new "condo" as of yet but plan on back packing today, the 250 yds from my house out to the sight, where I hope to install two field cams. Probably could have placed the cameras during the initial construction phase but I thought it best, to not create tooooo much turmoil, at one time. Yinz know how I am about not creating turmoil. lol....'uch #"@!!😡
2017/10/12 19:24:04
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
I hear ya on the highway traffic Tuna. Its not suburbia, but one property I hunt boarders 79. I find it amazing how many cars hit those rumble strips on the side of the road. Its actually odd to me when there is a slight lull in traffic and I can hear the woods come alive.

2 more weeks and I get a vacation from the madness at work. Can't wait to spend a whole week in a tree.
2017/10/13 15:09:18
eyesandgillz
BeenThereDoneThat.
Copy the seven Crappy_Slayer, go get that critter and whatever ya do, don't look em in the eye. I think the sons-O-guns have the power of hypnotism. lol

As for the scent, it's legal to smell like food, just not be the food.

Can't imagine the story's we be hearing about Doe-n-Heat!!

Good luck!

BTDT, 
Food imitating cover scents or attractants are a no-no with the powers that be.  Me personally, couldn't give a rat's patooty but "the man" may not be so forgiving.  So, iksnay on the [link=mailto:vanilla....capice@]vanilla....capice[/link]!  :-)

I have only been out for two evening sits so far this season.  Too darn busy and when I am not, it is 85 degrees.  I ain't hunting in that nonsense....

Good luck fellers, and don't forget your orange this Saturday.  

2017/10/13 17:25:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
eyesandgillz
BeenThereDoneThat.
Copy the seven Crappy_Slayer, go get that critter and whatever ya do, don't look em in the eye. I think the sons-O-guns have the power of hypnotism. lol

As for the scent, it's legal to smell like food, just not be the food.

Can't imagine the story's we be hearing about Doe-n-Heat!!

Good luck!

BTDT, 
Food imitating cover scents or attractants are a no-no with the powers that be.  Me personally, couldn't give a rat's patooty but "the man" may not be so forgiving.  So, iksnay on the [link=mailto:vanilla....capice@]vanilla....capice[/link]!  :-)

I have only been out for two evening sits so far this season.  Too darn busy and when I am not, it is 85 degrees.  I ain't hunting in that nonsense....

Good luck fellers, and don't forget your orange this Saturday.  

Uh-Ohhhh......

If that's true, BTDT gonna be eating some yummy 'nilla flavored crow. Owe big appology too! Is my face red... he hee? ouch (😡.. #@+!!)

Thanks Eyes.👍
2017/10/13 17:36:02
Big Tuna
Just pile up corn and apples and tell the warden your feeding squirrels. Funny in Ohio on private land you can bait. lol  Yet I seldom do. Years ago had some good luck with a product called VK by Dan Fitzgerald. It was a curiosity scent that had vanilla in it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account