2017/10/07 18:44:33
mr.crappie
Jigs,Careful with the old days remarks,I still use a Marlin 30-30 that I only use 3 shells in.I don't think any of the many deer that I got with it knew the difference. lol btw the best theory that I have heard was to think of when you come up to the house at Thanksgiving as you get closer you smell that delicious turkey,then you notice the aroma of fresh coffee,then the pumpkin pie etc.If you can do that, how much better do you think that a wild animal can differentiate between human scent & a cover scent? I have shot almost all of my deer at close range by staying downwind as much as possible,if I can't ,then I change position. I think that also is true when using food scents,I don't think that if a deer smells apples when he knows there is no apple trees for miles around that he will come trotting in drooling. sam
2017/10/08 08:52:06
Walleye jigs
I know but the old days are my favorite! Didn't have to dress up in a pumpkin suit and if you got a deer, regardless of points or size for that matter, it was something to be proud of! By the way I just sold my 30-30 about three years ago. 
   Someone needs to run out to BTs new condo! I think he fell asleep waiting for the Comcast guy to show up.

2017/10/08 11:20:20
dpms
Drew another blank last night. Sigh.........
2017/10/08 13:51:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Walleye jigs

Someone needs to run out to BTs new condo! I think he fell asleep waiting for the Comcast guy to show up

YEAH C'MON ya got BTDT..10-4!!

Just enjoying the game on my new wide screen. How-'bout-er?? 🎃

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Good one Jigs.. 👍

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/10/11 07:29:44
Walleye jigs
Hey! Where'd everybody go? How am I supposed to hunt thru you guys if you leave me hanging? No reports! Wake BT up he'll get this going again. Need my fix!
2017/10/11 09:29:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
Sorry old buddy, but Comcast finally showed up and I've been kicking back taking it easy.

The install was costly, but it only hurts when I laugh!!!

😂..... 😮UCH!!!
Happy now?
2017/10/11 09:45:18
anzomcik
I hunted every night from opening Saturday to the next Saturday (minus Sunday) maybe 25-30 hours total. Seen over 40 doe (didn't keep a great count), 6 different bucks, some bucks multiple times. 4 of those bucks were legal and I passed all of them, every buck came into bow range. All were 1.5 YO and decided to take my chances at a better buck with a lot of time left in the season. 

5 of the 7 "good" shooters that i watched this summer are still around regularly (couple times a week on camera). That is above average for the amount of 2.5+ YO bucks to hang out after velvet. So we will see...
2017/10/11 11:30:35
Walleye jigs
Now I'm good for the day! Time for a nap!
2017/10/11 11:33:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
Take a nap... HEYYY JIGS WAKE UP AND PIZS THE WORLDS ON FIRE!!!!

just kidding... he hee, ouch!! Dam it!
2017/10/11 11:39:06
mopars0
Been kinda slow for me only been doing morning hunts so far usually leaving stand around 10:30 , saw a few doe no bucks just looking for a buck so far .. Foggy as hack yesterday morning saw nothing . Checked cameras only had my cousin waving at the camera also a guy on a tractor going down the pipeline path looking at the other camera .... he wasn’t Waving 😜👍 ... to wet today for me ..haven’t had deer on cameras since last Thursday..oh well we will see !!! Good luck guys

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account