2017/10/02 18:41:17
mopars0
DarDys.... I enjoy the bow hunting more now then rifle season. Have been using crossbow now for about 6 years. Usually turning into a horn hunter..use rifle only if I need meat in rifle season. Like you I have gotten my share of deer and being 66 now sometimes I just enjoy being out in the woods.... good luck this season πŸ‘....I’m also out of the hunt right now getting a new scope on my bow today but will be back at it soon
2017/10/02 18:46:17
mopars0
BTDT .... new scope being mounted today dropped bow off the morning at the local outpost shop , going to sight it in also will be back in woods soon.... you’re making great progress on your project ..... I mean OUR PROJECT πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸΊ
2017/10/02 19:10:24
Big Tuna
DadDy's,there's nothing like the rut. I kill just about all my Pa. bucks the last week of the season,it even better the following week in Ohio. The week before Thanksgiving has been good for me in Ohio. When I was younger,I swacked plenty of bucks in their bachelor group the first week of the season,but then I made plenty of time for scouting and had little responsibility. lol
2017/10/02 19:23:03
dpms
Dar, 

If you quest is for a better buck, and you have no burning desire to just go hunting, then you have a sound plan to wait till Halloween to hit it hard. Once the switch is flipped, the action can be steady all day long. My best days are usually between the 3rd and 8 of November for buck movement. For the biggest deer, it is tough to beat the last few days of the season. 
2017/10/02 22:42:46
BeenThereDoneThat.
MoPars don't keep us in suspense...... TELL US ABOUT THE NEW SCOPE. πŸ”­?πŸ”¬?

Wish I could put a sound recording on the thread. No pics possible, not nearly enough light in the night sky as the geese were returning to the bayou from area fields.

I thought the first wave was noisy, that is until the next gaggle came in for it's landing. Just overwhelming to watch and hear the birds as they splashed down.

Anyway, finished leveling the platform and laying out the decking. Blind and swivel chair install scheduled for tomorrow than stay out of the area, for a few months, to let those darling little devils get use to the new addition, now sitting in their living room.

Stay tuned. πŸŽƒ
2017/10/02 23:34:24
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
MoPars don't keep us in suspense...... TELL US ABOUT THE NEW SCOPE. πŸ”­?πŸ”¬?

I will let ya know as soon as I get bow back , just told them to call me when it’s done , told him what ever it takes just want it to be right ! .... SENECA OUTPOST doing it
2017/10/03 06:38:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
Copy the "Seneca Outpost"...so I do.

I have the same problem plus the "hairs" in the scope super suck. Forget about using the scope in the woods, unless ya got minutes to sight the target, which must have a large orange finger (☝) pointing to... "shoot here"

That's the problem, I guess, with buying package deals.

Tha again, those deals do bring together those of us who wait till the last minute, of the third year, before we do something about it.πŸ˜•
2017/10/03 15:17:57
mopars0
BTDT ... ok got bow back today , just put another TruGlo scope on it, shots good ... the other truglo was good until it wasn’t πŸ˜œπŸ‘. Got 6 yrs out of it ...$75 I’m Happy ... back at it tomorrow morning . Checked cameras today big boy was still on it... with 2 more smaller bucks and a doe and actually in the daylight ... big boy is a night owl though πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸΊ

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/10/03 18:59:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
That certainly is a big boy Steve, and I have a BTDT original. The time on your camera says 3:31 AM so reset the time 12 hours to PM and that stupid deer will think it's AM when it's PM and come out for his photo op. Priceless.... πŸ‘†I think.

Congrats on your new scope, we'll keep our "fingers crossed" you get to put the "cross hairs" on that big boy. TrueGlow is what I need on my crossbow. One them type that has the fiber optics that uses batteries and cast that green dot onto the target.

On another note, I'm so happy.

please stand-by we are having technical difficulties.

There.... stupid difficulties!😑

Attachment(s)

2017/10/04 17:49:15
mopars0
BTDT ... well 5 doe ...no horns today , daybreak until 11:00 .... didn’t go this afternoon to warm for me ... changing AM to PM hours on my camera might be a good idea buddy πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸΊ ...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account