2017/12/06 09:12:28
CAPTAIN HOOK
Did get a thrill while walking out of the woods after hunting all day. Found this lying on the ground in a bunch of fallen Hickory nuts on the ground. First ever one for me ! Amazing how shape it is .

2017/12/06 09:19:55
mopars0
Wow , now that is really cool ...that would have made my day šŸ‘
2017/12/06 11:26:04
DarDys
I found one of those many years ago while trout fishing a mountain stream. I was in the process of having a flintlock custom built for my Dad for Christmas and had the builder inlay it in the stock. He was quite the expert on those types of things and told me that due to the size, shape, and color (which are all similar to the one shown) that it was not an arrow head, but rather from a fish spear, which made a lot of sense from where I found it.
2017/12/06 12:46:36
BeenThereDoneThat.

Really cool find Captain, if that piece could only talk. 

Mopars I bet you could find some really neat Seneca Indian artifacts in this area.  Especially after Pontiac was finished with it.  Elm actually being Elk, I think.

2017/12/06 13:37:16
CAPTAIN HOOK
Not sure ,could be a fish spear head, no water around where I found it, mostly all solid woods and fields for miles,not even any small creeks to speak of near by. Only about and 1 1/2" long but very sharp for stone. Just got lucky and stopped in the right place and happen to look down.

Old friend of mine had a nice collection he had built up over the years , claimed a lot found around the east side of Shenango Lake shorelines.

2017/12/06 16:58:13
mopars0
BTDT ... yep it was Elk šŸ‘
2017/12/06 18:28:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve did you ever pass through that area and think about what happened there in mid June, 1763?  Kind of gives me a haunting feeling.  

So far 7 doe in three days.  Just before sundown yesterday, while hanging onto my ladder stand, three doe about 75 yds standing broadside on a old farm lane.  They continued looking behind as if there might be more deer and I was soooo hoping a legal buck might appear.  But nope, I just hung onto the tree while they faded away as darkness fell.

Tonight, while hanging onto that same tree, the Dutch opened fire about a half mile to my northwest and before long I had the cross hairs of my 4 power Foremost scope leveled on 1 of 3 doe less than 30 yds away.  Safety now off and just needed to squeeze the trigger ever so slowly, but dam she was so darned cute with those big ears and brown eyes.

Pretty sure I heard them Dutchman hootin' and hollering, thinkin' I never saw the deer......  toopid englushmun, YAH!!!

Maybe, might, could, get some snow tomorrow night and hopefully that adds to once again, enjoying the Pennsylvania Wilds.
2017/12/06 19:38:29
mopars0
BTDT ... yes I have , we take walks by there all the time ... what a piece of history . Maybe just maybe you will have a little snow soon . I fired my snow blower up today in garage just to make sure it will be ready when I need it šŸ˜œšŸ‘... put most of my hunting stuff up today also , when iā€™m done ... Iā€™m done ... oh well next year šŸ‘... good luck guys
2017/12/06 19:59:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
Puttin' your huntin' stuff away so you sayin', it's near time for gettin' the fishin' stuff out? lol   Sure hope we don't get too much snow, if we do I'm gonna have to mash it down cause I sold my trusty WheelHorse,  snowblower and all.  Put my new snow removal device on hold til we see what happens in the next week or two.  Real Estate dude coming tomorrow, sure hope he has a deal I can't refuse. 
2017/12/07 04:58:03
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice find captain

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account