2017/11/28 21:10:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good news coming from across the beaver pond. Neighbor walked into the wilds about 1:00 PM yesterday and by 3:00 was announcing the taking of a fine 6 point.

Today, from another part of Penn's Woods came a picture of a 9 point now hanging in my brother's garage.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

2017/11/28 22:04:49
mopars0
NICE BTDT ..... Congrats to your brother man 👍... afternoon hunt 1:00 until dark producing 2 small doe at 4:50 running across the field as I was heading back to car ...
2017/11/28 23:51:05
mopars0
Grandson’s GF got this one at 9:30 Monday , 2 years in arow she has had one on the ground before 10:00 .. maybe I need to study her ..... 😜👍

Attachment(s)

2017/11/29 00:15:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Congratulations to the young lady Steve and congratulations to your grandson and his grandpa too.
2017/11/29 08:07:36
workcanwait....
Stupid deer...WCW
2017/11/30 14:46:13
mopars0
Well I was told today that I was credited by one of the local hunters where I hunt for him getting a 8 pt with 18” spread Tuesday afternoon . The guy told my relative that I kicked it out to him as I was leaving at 4:30 from my shanty in the thicket . Now I heard a shot at 4:30 but I didn’t leave shanty until 4:40 thinking who did the shooting might have missed .... but when I see the gentleman I will surely tell him you’re welcome 😜👍.... figure somebody most have seen me leaving and thought I kicked it out , oh well the guy is disabled ... meaning he as heart problems .... so very happy for him , now if I could just get a picture of it... figure it was one of the nicer bucks I had on my cameras ..... taking a couple days off raining here anyhow ... will get a few days hunt in with my son .... Saturday , Monday & Tuesday looking forward to that .... so good luck guys .... be safe !!
2017/12/02 23:04:29
mopars0
Well my son filled his doe tag today ... did sits in 2 different shanty’s . Heard very little shooting for opener of Doe , saw one other hunter and only 3 doe but last one at 4:00 was big enough. Not hugh but it is meat and he says enough for him going back to work Monday ....it was great spending the day with him ...think I’m hanging it up also , 7 weeks with bow & first week of rifle ... I’m burnt out , don’t Need a deer that bad , neighbor is taking good care of me on the deer meat 😜👍..... it’s been fun ... good luck the last week guys ...,.
2017/12/03 10:08:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mopars let me begin by first saying a mutual acquaintance of ours, says to tell the "Old Man" hello. 

Congratulations to you and your son on his successful hunt but the season is just starting to get exciting, ya don't wanna give up now.

Not much happening in my little piece of the Pennsylvania Wilds, haven't spoken to anyone that got lucky.  Shots around here were sporadic with what little shooting coming in volleys from across the hill tops.   

Few minutes after 5:00 PM,  I could hear coyotes coming up through the hollow just south west of my sitting position.  Hoping to increase my chances of hearing and seeing what I could see, I stood and climbed atop my shooting bench where I saw what I should have known what I would see.  Lined across the woods edge bordering a corn field, orange vest and hats, waiting as others pushed through the marshy low land, howling and yipping like yotes.  That area must have gotten cleaned out through archery, no shots fired.

Weatherman calling for sunny and warm conditions tomorrow through Wed,  time to dig out the orange speedo, durag and, tank top.  A hunting I will go!!!!

2017/12/03 10:32:26
workcanwait....
Sat ALL day in stand on hill over 40 deer sightings thinking lil over 20 different deer 3 bucks non legal.Lots of shooting around me and deer drives going on.I have doe tag but was just buck hunting yesterday.Just cant get it done this year finding the right buck and my standards are not that high.
If anyone is looking for or knows someone looking for a hunting properety message me 3400sq ft storage building and 19 acs Cambridge Springs $105,000 its listed with Howard Hanna.
Buried in work go back out end of week to get a doe...WCW
2017/12/06 09:05:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
Seen 10 deer opening day in Crawford County..... no bucks. That sunset looked real familiar !

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account