2017/11/23 11:16:19
mopars0
This is my one shanty that I put orange tape on , not sure if I did the orange tape 15 ft from it but I will do that before Monday ...,

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/11/23 11:43:43
BeenThereDoneThat.
Orange need only be 'within' 15 feet seen 360 degrees around the blind. Looks like you are good to go.

Dam fine looking shanty, I might add.

Ummm, that is orange we see and, not pink?
2017/11/23 11:58:45
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Orange need only be 'within' 15 feet seen 360 degrees around the blind. Looks like you are good to go.

. Yeah looks a little pink doesn’t it .... lol. Been on there a few years πŸ˜œπŸ‘
2017/11/23 12:05:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
OK, gotta be a hundred sq. inches of orange seen 360 deagrees. So is that 100 sq. inches from all directions or is it just 100 sq inches seen 360 degrees. I.e., 5" x 20" ribbon wrapped around a tree 15' from or, above the blind?
2017/11/23 12:09:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.

. Yeah looks a little pink doesn’t it .... lol. Been on there a few years πŸ˜œπŸ‘

None of my business what color you paint your deer blind. LMAO

Does look good Steve. Hopefully I can frame a similar structure for next year, providing I don't move down stream from yinz.
2017/11/23 14:37:24
Big Tuna
BTDT,easiest way to explain, 100 square inches. Four sides seen from  360 degrees=  10" high and wide. So make a little square box and glue it to the top. lol  Or get the Amish kids to drive your property and sit on your porch. Last year the Amish hunters drop there non gun toting kids in my side yard to put on a drive.lol
2017/11/23 20:54:23
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm thinkin maybe I should go get me one of them construction barrels and sit inside one of them.

Lookin at the weather for next week, I think I better get one with AC. 😝
2017/11/27 17:39:21
BeenThereDoneThat.
Oh boy...... end day one. Can't wait to see some pictures. I did get out for the last hour of daylight this afternoon and I got a beautiful shot. No ya silly's not at a deer.

I got a beautiful shot of the sunset.

5:06 PM.

Attachment(s)

2017/11/27 21:05:37
mopars0
Great picture there BTDT πŸ‘πŸ‘ 10 hrs in shanty , saw 1 4pt and 7 doe that is it ... ALL DAY !! Stayed warm anyhow , heard 5 shots close but nobody dragging anything ... oh well , how it goes at times ... afternoon hunt tomorrow. Talked to a guy that said they only got (2 ). 4 pts out there in bow season that he knew of almost told him they better be junior hunters ... lol then he said had another 4 pt & 6pt hit with cars in the 2 weeks from end of bow season until now ...well that was my day guys !! Good luck out there , know getting to old for these all day hunts anymore πŸ˜œπŸ‘
2017/11/28 17:21:27
workcanwait....
Monday morning sat 4 hrs in morning at home here in swamp did not see a deer but eagles and woodpeckers put on a show.
Spent 2nd half of day on hill at other property saw 26 deer 4 bucks including my 3rd nonlegal BIG forkhorn of the year stead action but no shot.
This morning sat on hill again 4 hrs not 1 deer seen only heard 2 shots.On my way out I kicked up a 8 pt close enough to shoot but not safe shot so I began mumbleing STUPID DEER.On my way home I saw a big fork horn dead that was dumped on a logging road.I like AR's but think if rack is out past ears we should be able to shoot it no matter the points.
WCW

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account