2017/11/18 14:35:52
Walleye jigs
Well BT once again I find us in agreement. Beside needing to count points on a moving deer they recommend I have a babysitter so need to say I lost interest.
2017/11/18 15:16:23
BeenThereDoneThat.
Jigs the babysitter part paints a darned good picture and soon enough, whats left of the young hunting community, will see that picture too.  It's almost like, the PGC has become PETA whose goal it is, to destroy the heritage of hunting in PA.  But oh well, it's now off to bigger and better things.  At least I don't have to fish by a entirely different set of standards.... at least not yet.
2017/11/19 05:25:26
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Couple nice buck there. Thanks for sharing the pics.
2017/11/19 10:33:03
mopars0
Yes very nice bucks ... congrats ! Do agree with you jigs on the counting pts on a running deer kinda hard to do 😜... have not lost the desire for the hunt but I don’t Hit it as hard as I once did . The aging factor does have a lot with my decision though. I’m lucky that I can drive right to my one hunting shanty ( as I call it ) it is located right at the corner of a field covering the crab Apple trees area. I keep my trailer out there all bow & rifle season so not much dragging there. My other shanty is a little deeper in the woods but there is a road to it so if I get lucky or skill 😜... not much dragging either 50 or 60 yds to field and get my trailer ....most of my hunts are by myself so I do what works for me. I do get to hunt with my son a few days in rifle season depends on his work though ... ok enough from this old guy ..... good luck guys
2017/11/19 11:42:32
BeenThereDoneThat.

HARUMPFFF.........

Mopars there's 'never enough' about the good times, from the old guys.  I just can't get into stories told by the younger generation "Big Buck Hunters",  even if it does come in 3D! 

2017/11/19 11:58:49
PArussian
Kids do not want to sit out in the cold...with rain snow or wind....sitting playing X BOX.killing deer 🦌 is what kids want to do....but. With all things killing deer...without shooting them took a big hit on the deer 🦌 in Western Pennsylvania..this year...makes hunting hard...for deer...
2017/11/19 12:14:30
Big Tuna
BTDT, you have my permission to post some pics of my son's deer this year and the perch pics so the doubters now because believers.  lol  I don't tell stories.lol
2017/11/19 13:03:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yesir, yinz remember back in the day the conversation would be about the big buck that was sighted in John Q Farmer's south forty, the excitement of going to the gun range to sight in, the smell of burnt gun powder, gun oil and nitro solvent.  The talk of new rifles, scopes and, ammo hitting the market.  The drooling as we rifled through the gun catalogs which where actually J.C Penney, Sears, Monkey Ward and the like.  Mercy sake, if ya went into any of those stores today and mentioned gun, ya would have the swat team in your face.

Today, the talk is about the points, not on a buck but on a game.  The excitement is over wireless controllers, the smell of electronic ozone and nachos with cheese warming in the microwave.  Drooling no longer exist, slobbering becomes the result, waiting for the announcement of new Xbox controllers and iphones, while browsing page upon page over the internet, searching Amazon, ebay, and overstocked.com eager to find "free shipping" and same day delivery.

Congratulation PGC, I think yinz achieved your goal of a "Big Buck Hunter", behind every Christmas Tree.

uhhhh..... sorry for the rant, stupid cabin fever!!!
2017/11/19 13:25:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
Big Tuna
BTDT, you have my permission to post some pics of my son's deer this year and the perch pics so the doubters now because believers.  lol  I don't tell stories.lol

Big Tuna I shall be most happy to post your pictures and so it is with great pride that I invite the nay-sayers  and would be doubters to belly-up to the table.  The crow is served... bring your own salt and pepper.  lol   Just kidding of course fellas but I am sure yinz will, as I have, enjoy Big Tuna's Pictures.

So without further ado..... EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT.  

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met      

WAIT FOR IT...... WAAAAAIT FOR IT!!!

Attachment(s)

2017/11/19 13:35:07
mopars0
... Big Tuna .....Ok .... ok ... are you ready , hear it comes ....

AWESOME !!!!!! WOW !!!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account