2017/11/13 20:06:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
I don't know but I been told, learn where they go, when the cold wind blows. Food sources, bedding areas and trails between.

Don't look for a buck in it's core area during the rut, cause likely he's out, strutting his stuff.

It is said, a buck in heat doesn't sleep, drink or feed, only one thing on his mind and that's to breed.

Breed he shall till all Doe are caught, then he's off for new places, to rub scrape and pee.

Then as sudden as it began the rut is no more, leaving hunters, like me, saying What the..... heck?

Stupid Elusive White Tailed Deer!!!
2017/11/13 20:39:46
mopars0
Well since we are telling our stories , I was in my stand one year way back when we had the 3 day doe hunts after buck season ... I was having a smoke , coffee and ever unwrapping s candy bar making noise and here comes this doe out of the thicket , think she heard the wrapper stopped looked around stood broadside about 40 yds and the ole 7MM did the rest 😜👍... after that never payed to much attention to all the sent stuff not saying it doesn’t work but that day it didn’t .. ok i’m done .. good luck in rifle season guys going out and get my shanty stove ready tomorrow , have to replace a pipe and cut up a little more wood ....
2017/11/13 20:59:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Geez Mopars, all we need is the smell of a little Outers Nitro Solvent in the air and it would be almost like the good Ole days chewin the fat at Re-Arm or the great Venango Rod & Gun.

Buddy, those were the days!
2017/11/13 23:31:25
Big Tuna
If your in the woods enough a lot of things can happen. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Hunters that consistently take deer year after year are not lucky......just saying.
2017/11/15 20:25:41
BeenThereDoneThat.
Trying to wear off this stupid cabin fever so me and my bride went for a ride to see what we could see along the rivers edge.  The Allegheny River to be exact with visions of a new love shack dancing in our heads...... soooo, OK new residence, but it's the thought that counts.

Trees are mostly bare but the scenery was still wonderful as we drove over the hills and through the val of the mighty "Fine River", so thought to be named, by the Lenape (Delaware) Indians.

We found the residents of the area to be quite peaceful and friendly and hope to someday join them in their private piece of the Pennsylvania Wilds.
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

These two locals are sporting some heavy coats, Winter's Coming!

Attachment(s)

2017/11/16 02:18:18
Big Tuna
My son and I had a hunch,yesterday. Nov 15th last day of faze 6 (Dury Brothers) Southwest wind,and hasn't been in his stand since Nov the 6th the day I shot my 8pts in Ohio. He slipped in into his stand at 3:10 and his Ohio season was over at 4:40. A very respectable 10 pt. Beautiful placed shot and less than 5 seconds he's done. I was there sorta,sitting in my vehicle waiting for his call. I didn't want to sit in my blind weapon less for two reasons, I didn't want to mess him up,if a buck came from me to him and second I'd hate to see a huge Ohio buck walk by me at 20 yards with me tagged out. After he called me and after picture taking,short drag to my vehicle and the front was on us pelting rain the whole ride home. Again a smart hunt that worked for a change. After a weird season we took 3 bucks in 10 days. Could have been 4 but I left a small 8pts go on the last day. Skill? Luck? Don't know but where both happy.I guess I'll be in the Pa.woods for the opening of gun season. My backorder new gun came in at Cabelas Wheeling store so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. 6.5 Creedmore,yea just what I need another deer rifle.lol
2017/11/16 12:28:11
mopars0
Well congrats to your son BT ....good job 👍 skill or luck as long as you’re happy is right , I say as long as you enjoy the adventure deer or no deer it is all worth it ..,, waiting for gun season here cut wood for my hunting shanty Tuesday .... going to stay warm anyways 😜👍. Good luck guys !!
2017/11/16 15:01:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
Tuna congratulations to your son.  You're out hunting, Mopars out cutting wood in prep of gun season and me, well as for me, I'll just sit here reading great stories and continue to sulk.  Dam cabin fever!! 

OH Tuna, I forgot, where the hell are those pictures of that buck?  Inquiring minds wanna see too!!!! lol
2017/11/16 20:41:40
Big Tuna
BTDT, I having a hard time getting pics posted,I don't know what's going on. Help me !+
2017/11/16 23:53:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Big Tuna
BTDT, I having a hard time getting pics posted,I don't know what's going on. Help me !+

PM sent.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account