2017/11/08 13:25:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm bummed, no pictures on the field cams, rubs are drying up for lack of attention and the scrapes are buried in leaves.   

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go sulk.

Stupid elusive, Pennsylvania White Tailed Deer.

Deer might be in lockdown mode in some areas.

Driving near Butler today saw a buck at a distance (couldn't tell how big) mounting a doe and she stood for him.

Last evening my son and I saw two different skippers without their mamas.
2017/11/08 18:11:53
dpms
Went doe hunting tonight and had a big 7 point pushing a doe all around  stand for about an hour. He was wider than my buck but but not as tall. The only shot I had on the doe was straight on at 15 yards and I chose to pass. That shot can be done but I don't like to take it. 
2017/11/09 05:18:17
workcanwait....
Great day in stand yesterday but did not take a shot.
Had 4 bucks around me in AM they seemed to be chasing one particuliar doe but others around 2 bigger bucks the big 6pt which is just out past his ears and high rack and a half rack which just has 1 big spike now he was a 4pt a week ago with a legal side 3 on top no brow and was on my list of course he was all over my shooting lanes now that he is safe.
Came in did some work and saw a big buck out in opening from yard around noon cruzing think it was the 6pt but not sure.Afternoon hunt I had 2 babies and 3 does feeding around me for 2 hours then when they came out into shooting lanes one of the lil ones started splashing around in a ditch running back and forth.It was calm quiet day so sure enough I start hearing grunting and in comes a decent 7pt he stopped and posed broadside at 25 yds in one of my lanes several times but I did not take him he has a wound on his back from arrow which is just under the skin I think he will heal up eventually but not eat well now.So I am up early again heavy frost here but guna try to crunch my way out there again see what happens...WCW
2017/11/09 08:04:33
My son and I were pinned down by does and skippers last night. 

We moved about 200 yards east of his tree stand into a fence row to get closer to the freshly cut corn on the neighbor's property.  He was 5' off the ground sitting on an old tree and I was on the ground 25 yards away with rattling horns and a grunt tube and no weapon. 

At 4:35 he texts me "Don't move," since I couldn't see as far as he could.  From About 4:40 till quitting time, I barely moved because there were almost always eyes in my direction.  I counted 16 different bald deer on our side of the fence row eating greens all evening, and ignoring the corn to the north.  

Not one single buck - even a small one - checking 'em out.  
2017/11/09 10:31:00
Big Tuna
Good morning for my son,I dropped him off in one one my old spots and I drove a couple of miles to another. 20 minutes after I'm settled he text me he hit a nice one..It's was chasing,doe passes seconds later Mr Bigs is there wind shifts,bucks about ready to bolt. He drills it on the edge of the diaphragm. Arrow was covered in dark red blood and a tinged of brown. I'm assuming he hit the liver and hit a little gut on the way out. He hit it at 7:20 and we did not pursue at all. I told him to stay in his stand and watch the show. A 4 pts came by in 10 minutes followed by a wider than his ears  8 pts 10 minutes later. Nothing like a live tinks trail. One time in the same woods turkey hunting in mid November a hot doe came by and 3 legal 8 pts came by in the next two hours. Where going to wait till about 1 o'clock to find his deer,if it's not dead by then I don't know. Been on a couple of wild goose chases. Wish us luck.
2017/11/09 11:21:06
workcanwait....
Wait as long as you can...I had one live 27 hours nicked lung and liver I posted story on here think it was 3 years ago ended up having a warden killing it on a Sunday morning I shot it Saturday morning and bumped it a few hours later.Anyhow gud luck...
Saw that 7 pt again 15 yds broadside he was just cruzing thru no other bucks seen but did hear another grunt loudly.WCW
2017/11/09 17:12:45
Big Tuna
Quick recovery,he went 50 yards. He was bedded and head on it side. He was stiff but still warm,so I don't know how long it took him to expire. Nice deer not a monster but very respectable. 16.25" 8pts 9".G2's 6" G3's. Happy celebration. Now we got to do some butchering.
2017/11/09 18:00:17
dpms
Great news BT!
2017/11/09 18:23:11
workcanwait....
Glad to hear you found him Congrats to you and your boy!
Had another 2.5 yr old none legal buck stand in my lane tonite 10 yds heavy high thick rack 5 pt 2 big forks and a brow thats 11 bucks I think now gone thru my lanes great action for my lil funnel and very enjoyable season so far but no shooters...setting the alarm again cold morning ahead WCW
2017/11/09 18:56:25
mopars0
Good job BT ...... congrats .... sit in stand from 2:00 until dark tonight .... saw nothing !!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account