2017/11/07 11:27:44
mopars0
Good point there BTDT ... I fall into that old guy thingy 😜... and hunt a lot by myself so I have stands by the fields in the crab apples .. can’t do the long drags anymore at 66 I’m still out there cause I enjoy it ... I do get to hunt with my son a few days in rifle season but depends on his work . In rifle season I have 2 shanty’s with heat in them .... yep i’m Spoiled 😜👍. As for the AR. YES I have had to pass on a few this year that didn’t make the grade ..but getting older has turned me into a horn hunter..wife doesn’t care for venison so no pressure on filling the tags and beside that I have a bunch of friends and neighbors that take really go care of me .... if ya know what I mean 😜😜👍 ... well I’ll Be out there this afternoon ... so good luck guys !!
2017/11/07 12:51:14
eyesandgillz
spitting snow amongst the rain in west mifflin right now...

just saw a 1/2 rack 4 pt from stand this morning and 4 or 5 doe/fawns on my walk out. 
Did find another pile of fur/bones that I assume was an EHD casualty.  It was a doe.
2017/11/07 12:56:35
crappiefisher
  Quit hunting Prob. 7 yrs ago. Last time out harvested my largest buck ever. Still kept the guns & bows. Enjoy glassing with the Leupolds now days. The glasses might cost more than a lot ov guns but no ammo needed. Just got done watching a decent buck with a doe for 45 min. through the kitchen window.

Good Luck,
  crappy
2017/11/07 20:16:21
mopars0
Sit in stand this afternoon 2:30 to dark ... had 1 mom Doe with 2 of her young being chased around by a little 4 pt .... thought for a moment that I was going to the see the little buck get his butt kicked by the mommy doe .... that was interesting ...lol then at dark had another doe walk out of the thicket and went away from me down the path ...that’s My afternoon ... oh well it was nice getting out in the woods but I should have had warmer clothes on .... 😜👍👍. Good luck guys the rest of the week
2017/11/07 21:15:36
DarDys glad to hear ya got one.  

Good job BT.  

Been a bummer for my son the last 2 nights.  Just on the other side of the fence row from the property his stand is set up on, 15 acres of corn got cut over the weekend.  ALL the deer in the neighborhood are on it, and not walking past his stand to get from bedding areas to the greens.  

Time for a change of strategies I think . . .
2017/11/08 04:56:31
workcanwait....
Had another lil buck following does around last hour of daylight.
The rest of day nothing going on in my lil funnel.
Gotta go dig out anutha layer or two for this mornings hunt.
Been 2 years since I had a shot at a legal buck but I am still trying...WCW
2017/11/08 07:48:27
Walleye jigs
Saw what looked like a nice 8 pt laying beside the road day before yesterday. Came pass him yesterday and his head was gone! Why? How do you explain road rash on your trophy hanging on your wall?
  I've counted 7 road kills within 3 miles of me. One in front of my house Saturday morning. Car coming south so fast hit the deer knocked into a north bound suv which was totaled by the impact. Luckily no people were hurt. Guy with totaled vehicle was going to an interview so I took him there. Didn't want the guy to loose a job over a jerk speeding.
2017/11/08 08:01:05
outasync
From what I've been told the pgc has their guys removing the heads now on bucks. I've seen the same around mercer county alot lately. It's my understanding if they don't have a carrier equipped to their vehicle they remove the head. Seen alot of headless deer on 79 also. Maybe for testing?
2017/11/08 09:12:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm bummed, no pictures on the field cams, rubs are drying up for lack of attention and the scrapes are buried in leaves.   

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go sulk.

Stupid elusive, Pennsylvania White Tailed Deer.
2017/11/08 13:21:41
workcanwait....
Lots of action this am 4 bucks 1 BIG 6 pt out past ears all chasing does around me for couple hours NONE LEGAL back out soonWCW

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account