2017/11/04 23:58:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mopars to your neighbor I say 👍
2017/11/05 07:40:08
DarDys
Thank you all for your congrats.

It was an interesting experience to say the least.

Of course, I had to pull the cam cards yesterday and find that the transient monster was around the day before, so it is a safe bet he is still in the area.

He will be 4.5 next year if he makes it and will become the quest buck now that I know I can actually do this quasi archery thing.

Best of luck this week to all.
2017/11/05 07:58:24
dpms
DarDys
I walked about 30 yards and there was the buck dead as a door nail right on the farm road where I had lost sight of it.

Congrats Dars!! 
2017/11/05 08:02:02
dpms
Super slow for me over the past three days. Seen two small legal bucks and 3 dinks. 5 does total. Zero rut action. 

Did manage to arrow this bearded hen on Thursday's hunt. 

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/11/05 08:40:04
workcanwait....
Yesterday morning was slow had 2 babies wonder out of beeding area around 930 it think the adults were busy in bedding area no movement.
I helped neighbor in afternoon with project gave the deer a break from me staring at them.Back at it it in morning good luck everyone BE SAFE WCW
2017/11/05 09:33:30
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Way to go on the turkey dpms.

Tried another long sit on Friday from 11-6:30 with no results. One lone doe came in early yesterday morning watching nervously behind her the 20min she was around. Kept waiting for a buck to materialize, but it never happened. Didn't make it out last night. One more day to hunt tomorrow, so I'm hopeful everything finally comes together. Good luck this last week!
2017/11/06 08:32:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
It was a dark and dreary morning, in the Pennsylvania Wilds........ stupid dark a dreary morning!!!

Dang, that was some kind of weather system that tore through my little piece of Penn's Woods last night.  Thunder, lightening, wind and heavy rain.  Wind now blowing  from the north pushing rain in sheet like waves, across the east 10, but not to fret the weather dude says to expect sunshine later on today.  Not only that, we can expect sunshine throughout the coming week, how great is that?

If we don't don't see, some silly season soon, I'm gonna start thinking something realllllllllly weird may going on. 

Good luck to yinz making it out today and remember, always shoot, to kill.
2017/11/06 08:54:50
Big Tuna
Yes we also had severe storms,started around 7 pm. We probably got more than 2 " of rain. Looking forward to some nicer weather and getting the job done. I just need the right size buck.lol I seen plenty of dinks,not many doe.
2017/11/06 09:38:24
eyesandgillz
http://www.goerie.com/news/20171106/nearly-3-inches-of-rain-falls-on-erie-region-from-storm

Two people were killed last night from the storms up in Erie Co.  Guess they were sheltering in the basement due to the tonrnado and the basement wall collapsed due to flooding.  Sad.

My last day out was last Friday afternoon.  Went in early (1pm) did a quick scout on some trails and found many fresh scrapes.  Heard some snorting from the direction the wind was blowing too during my walk but that was the only evidence of deer I saw/heard that evening.  I was in my stand by 2pm.  Did have a really big coyote come through around 3:30pm but closest it got was 50 yds and I couldn't call it in.  Had bow in hand rather than my camera so no video.  

About 4:30pm, got busted by a flock of turkeys trying to switch out my arrows.  I didn't want to try and shoot one with a rage so was trying to switch out to a Schwacker but, one of the old biddy hens caught me moving from 60 yds out and the putted out the ridge in the direction they came from.  That was it.  
Truck broke/lost power steering on my way home.  Luckily I was close and didn't have to drive too far but the noise was god awful.  The cooler/lines rusted out and I dumped all the fluid.  Hopefully it will be fixed today.  Something I would normally do myself but, since its hunting season and weekends are booked with kids sports....I gots to pa DA MAN to do the dirty work.  
2017/11/06 14:30:21
dpms
Stuck a good one this morning at 7:30 in the middle of a downpour. Almost didn't go out but I always say there is no substitute for time in the stand. Really nice 8 point with 11 inch G2s. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account