2017/10/31 23:56:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Congratulations Crappie_Slayer!!! Now for a few crappy fillets, a thick slice of backstrap and it's Pennsyltucky, surf and turf. Don't get noooo better then that. 🍻

Mopars great field cam shots bud. That big bruiser looks like the deer I"d see, while sailing the concrete ocean, across the Buckeye.

The fork horn is exciting, neck appears to be swelling and the tarsal gland on the right back leg looks extremely dark. He might not have a legal rack but it sure looks like, he's horny!!!

Ok... ok, It's the cabin fever I tell ya.
2017/11/01 06:11:50
workcanwait....
Yesterday was real slow for me hunted morning and evening 2 different properties saw only a spike from stand did bump 3 lil ones walking in.
Weather looks gud next 3 days guna keep trying.Did get my 1st daylight vid of legal buck he was checking scrape 6pm SUNDAY 2.5 yr old 8pt.
BE READY - GOOD LUCK...WCW 
2017/11/01 21:12:16
thunderpole
Best day ever around 30 does seen 8 bucks hunting from 10-7 in the rain payed off 1 confirmed shooter possibility more idk it got crazy at dark had 5 bucks chasing does wicked hunt
2017/11/02 07:36:26
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Much busier day than I had thunderpole. Sat through the rain myself and other than seeing the forkhornn I saw Saturday all I got was a wet azz. Slept in today to go out later this morning and sit the rest of the day outside a bedding area.
2017/11/02 07:47:54
workcanwait....
I sat in that rain too...saw 1 doe in morning,1 doe while taking a shower with my hunting clothes on,and then I drove home sat last hour on plot saw 5 deer and my 1st legal buck nice lil 8pt to far away probaly would have let him walk anyways he was looking for does on plot but not hard chasing just strolling through.Gotta do some other things today hunt the evening last couple hours.GOOD LUCK...WCW
2017/11/02 09:58:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
Put the the "Bumpus Hounds" out to pasture this morn and found their water dishes half full of water.  I heard it raining during the night but had no idea the skies put down that kind of water.  South winds bringing back those spring like conditions, we've all come to love so well.  Though the warming trend to be short lived with more precip in the near forecast, the boyz are gonna be out running their lines and,  checking their turf. Don't know if today is the day but it's grows near, as the rut is on it's way.  Maybe might and maybe might not,  soon join yinz  sitting in a tree, swingng my feet up in the air.  But even if I can't get there just yet, in spirit I'll be pushing for yinz, you can bet.

Hunt safely and shoot to kill!

NEW Sheriff IN TOWN

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

2017/11/02 13:32:08
mopars0
Nice picture there BTDT... getting ready to hit the woods , hopefully i’ll have better pictures than just the ones at night, you know with Mr. big boy on the ground… OK , wishful thinking 😜👍… Plan on doing some more rattling tonight maybe we’ll get lucky ...OK good luck guys.
2017/11/02 19:19:19
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Slept in today and waited till after the rain passed (had enough of it this week). Made the hike back in with the climber to a spot I've been saving with high hopes. No matter what I tried I was sweating like a hog by the time I got back there. Anyway got to the tree, changed some of my sweat soaked clothes, and proceeded to sweat some more making the climb up the crooked azz cherry tree I decided was a good choice, or the only choice considering the only others in range were maples or hickorys (I don't care for either). As I finished setting up and cussing the fact that every deer for a mile probably knew I was there I decided to relax for just a minute and when all of a sudden a deer emerged from the thick multiflora rose jungle. Was the forkhorn I've seen multiple times now, except this time there was a nice 8 following shortly behind. He stepped into a small opining, but a branch hanging in the path of my shot made the difference between him walking and me sticking him at 30yds. The two feed back into some more thick brush in a less than testerone filled rage that I was hoping was happening by now, and then proceed to bed down 35 and 40yds out from me. No shot, but no big deal the wind is working in my favor and blowing parallel to them, so ill wait it out and hopefully the decide to move into my small opening after nappy time. Well I wait...wait...wait some more and after 5hrs of sitting like a stone since the forkhorn was staring in my direction and I didn't want to gut busted they finally wake from their uneasy slumber. Unfortunatly upon waking they decided to head in the exact opposite direction that I am sitting. Threw a few grunts at them, but to no avail (figured that would be the case since they seemed like bosom buddies not arch rivals fighting over doe). Sat the rest of the evening with no sightings other than 2 doe walking out. Was a great day, but I wish someone would inform the deer around me that its supposed to be crazy rut time 😜
2017/11/02 20:32:46
mopars0
Hit woods about 2:00 checked cameras , a few pictures nothing great , had a little spike dancing on his back legs getting to the branch .... lol and the little 4 pt .. checked for New scrapes nothing , put down a little doe pee. In stand 2:30 , no rain which was good, at 3:15 have 3 doe running past me ... looking for nice buck coming . Well not so fast about 5 or 6 minutes later here comes a coyote trailing them ... they hit the field , coyote almost to me stopped to far away for me anyways 50 + yds looks up toward me not sure if he knew I was there but he hit the thicket ...3 coyotes that i’ve Seen in last 2 yrs ... after I calmed down sit until 5:55 seeing nothing then I have this lady decide to take a walk with her 2 dogs down the edge of the field ... figure Great this is all I need .... wrong about 6:10 almost dark getting ready to leave stand I look in the thicket only to see the big boy walking away from me ... I did grunt but he just kept walking away .... oh well .... as they say TOMORROW RIGHT !!! All and all it was fun ... Good luck guys .... here is the little dancer ...... lol

Attachment(s)

2017/11/02 20:45:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dang Crappy_Slayer your adventure sure brought back some great memories. How is it we never dress warm enough until it's warm outside? How do those darned straight trees become so twisted and leaning when we get 20 feet in the air? How do those stupid tree branches, now blocking a shot, grow so fast suddenly appearing from nowhere. Last but not least, where's the SOB who says the tree climber I bought is the lightest to carry, easiest operated and most comfortable for long duration of sitting in a tree?

Oh...... and why don't my grunt call,
not sound so good, when I need it most.

Don't fret, the silly season is near.

Good luck & shoot to kill.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account