2017/10/27 18:53:21
mopars0
Yes Jigs glad you have slowed down .... lol. A buddy of mine had to blow the horn at a young buck about a month ago that just stood ln the middle of the road I guess...no hunt for me today busy day had to get my neighbor’s ( widow ) car inspected and oil changed .. then had a birthday party to go to for my Aunt & Uncle who are both turning 85 this afternoon ... have been hunting on their property for last 28 yrs so of course wife and I had to go 😜👍.... rain tomorrow sounds like so probably back at it Monday ..... good luck guys !
2017/10/27 20:16:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
85 years young, how wonderful is that?

Mopars A belated "Happy Birthday" and "Congratulations" to your Aunt and Uncle.🍻

Oh yeah, almost forgot, good luck when ya make it back out.👍
2017/10/27 21:10:49
Big Tuna
Had some action tonight,saw bigger body coming through the thick stuff at 6:15. Standing ding at 15 yards,I'm ready to fill my doe tag,safety off lighted pin on. Something doesn't look right,small antlers protruding from his head. Yea my luck a fat spike with 5" antlers. A fringing spike in the Pittsburgh suburbs. lol
2017/10/28 12:07:04
workcanwait....
Cant wait to go out this evening...cool damp light winds-RUTTY.
Good Luck...WCW
2017/10/29 07:12:16
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Got my vacation started yesterday afternoon. Was a damp afternoon in the stand. Rain finally taperd off just before 5 and not too long after I had an unknown buck chase a doe through the thick brush 50yds from me. Chased her by one more time a few minutes after that, then never saw them again. Let out a few grunts at 5:15, then around 5:30 had a deer start working in from the north. Looked to be a doe so I got turned and ready for it to come into range. As it slowly picked its way through the brush I could finally see it was a really dinky 4pt. He worked to within 10yds of me until he hit the small trail I had walked in on. He stopped dead in his tracks and just stood there kind of half squatted. Figured he picked up my scent and was getting ready to bolt, but as he just continued to stand there looking nervous I heard a foot stomp and numerous snorts come from behind me. The small buck and I stood there like stones for what seemed to be forever as I tried hard as I could to bend my eyes around the back of the tree to see what buck was comming in. Finally a large forkhorn stepped out and the 2 confronted each other. Thought I was going to get to see a sparring show, but the dinky one surely knew he was going to get his azz handed to him and turned and walked back from where he came from. The big forkhorn made a rub then moved his way through as well. No action the rest of the evening, but the clouds finally parted around 6 and gave way to a nice sunset.
2017/10/29 09:35:05
workcanwait....
I just sat and watched the same 6 deer again it was a perfect evening my favorite scenerio rain all day then stops for evening hunt cool damp.
The does are walking right by me 10-20 yds every evening just need a big boy to follow soon.Checking cams today.WCW
2017/10/29 11:16:59
dpms
Rained all day in this corner of the state. Sat in it for a morning hunt and never saw a deer. Again......................
2017/10/29 13:23:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good reads fellas, won't be long before crazy season begins. Saw one deer yesterday, laying in a ditch, about a mile up the road.

Today is look see day for me and I'll be checking the field cams as well as the two scrapes, that suddenly appeared this past week. Be interesting to see if they've been reworked or abandoned.

Not expecting to see much but it should be a good day, for a quiet walk in the woods.

Keep those reports coming and good luck.
2017/10/29 14:18:32
Big Tuna
My moose hunting customer brought me another shopping bag of meat burger,round steak,sirloin steaks. About 18 lbs. Another bag will equal a nice size deer. lol Don't know if any of you have eaten moose,but it great. I'm heading to Ohio soon for a Sunday afternoon hunt,it got the look of a day to smoke a buck,cold dreary and a mist in the air. I'm ready,will Mr Bucky be? Just got back from Rite Aid, a little surprise, my 90 day supply of meds went from 48.00.to 112.00. It's just great to be a senior citizen. So it's now 448.00 a year from 192.00. Oh well enough complaining. Saw Marco today,he passed on a small 8 pts and saw a big one at Pymy,but it was to early to see his pin. I bought some ground pork to add  4 lbs of deer burger,it will fill two 2.5x 20" casings to make summer sausage. 5 hours it the smoker at 165 degrees and walla. Oh well I better get going. Just filled the van up with almost free gas. lol I had 2.30 off a gallon, I paid 13.80 for 30 gallon. But as we all know nothing free in life. I'll report back after I harvest my buck. lol
2017/10/29 16:38:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
Made it back from the Pennsylvania Wilds or at least, my little piece of it.  Didn't see anything worth screaming about.  Kinda looks like the calm before the crazy season.  Drizzling rain with patchy fog developing sparsely in the tree tops, along the edges of the fields.  Near perfect conditions for ghost and goblins.

Field cams showing a bit of that ghost like activity as the elusive white tail seem to appear then disappear, just as quickly. No bucks stopped by for a visit, at least not near the high-rise ground blind or within camera range.

Did catch this whitetail as it passed by, allowing for a check of the tarsal glands.  Doesn't look like this one is "hot to trot" quite yet which says there is still time, before crazy season get's into full swing.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met  15 yds from the back door.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account