2017/10/23 19:30:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Sorry for your loss eyes. RIP Zoe...
2017/10/23 19:33:20
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Good luck out there thunderpole. Have to wait till Friday, then my vacation starts. At least the fall weather is finally starting to show up. Hopefully it stays this time
2017/10/23 20:50:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
So it quit raining and I took advantage of the situation to run (well not run but moved really really old guy fast) to the mailbox. Did some thinking during my trip about eyes, tuna and the other guys who have lost a pet, as I watched my 2 Bumpus hounds, run to the end of the 300' drive. What would I do if I lost these two I wondered when I noticed their behavior was now guarded. Both at point as if they are looking at the biggest bird they ever saw. Except it's dark so I know they're smelling and not likely seeing what has their attention. Now at the mailbox, dogs still at attention (only happens when I hold treats) I play the pocket LED light across the road, following the shoulder to my left where two reflectors return my light. Except there is no reflectors in that area only two, very large eyeballs, attached to a very large body. Not a good time to be using a dink light, I'm thinking so I grabbed the mail and, called for the hounds to return to the house. Of course, they didn't and wouldn't. All I need now, is for these two meatheads to see this animal and it's all over but the shouting and possible vet bills. Adding to the drama, the rains came and a once gusty swirling wind has changed to a straight line tree bending blow, right into the nostrils of now snarling Jack and Jerk, the off dogs.

More commands to return to the house fell on deaf ears and now two vehicles are coming down the road adding fear the hounds would dart, onto the road in persuit of this creature on the otherside.

Hoping the drivers would see and slow down, I began waving my poor excuse for a flashlight. Nope, both flew by probably thinking I was a dutchman walking the road but their headlights did reveal, the neighbors black angus calf, feeding on the shoulder of the road.

Last I saw my neighbor, he was chasing the calf back through the wooded area bordering his pasture.

Last I saw of the Bumpus hounds, they were safely nestled in their kennels with visions of doggy biscuits dancing in their heads.

Ya just gotta Luv em.
2017/10/24 09:10:54
workcanwait....
Well time to hunt now...going out this afternoon for 1st hunt.
Cams were real slow this year as far as bucks go plenty of does and lil ones around but last 5 days I got some decent bucks on cam at night.
Good Luck everyone ENJOY...WCW

2017/10/24 09:15:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Stick a big one WCW. I'm waitin for some wallhanger pics.

Beautiful morning in my piece of the "Pennsylvania Wilds". Cloudy sky's giving way to the sun. Wind SSE at 6.4 with the OAT touching 52° F.

After the rains the past night, I'm thinkin the big boyz should be working overtime, this morning, remarking their turf.

Hunt safely folks and good luck.
2017/10/24 09:20:10
eyesandgillz
Thanks fellers for the condolences.  Our other dog, who is only 4, is taking it hard too.  There were buddies and I miss both of them greeting me at the top of the stairs every night when I got home from work or hunting.

Might make it out tomorrow AM if it isn't raining or too windy.  
Kids have a dek hockey game tonight, flag football tomorrow and kids vs parents soccer scrimmage on Thursday evening.  My evenings are booked this week.
2017/10/24 20:32:00
mopars0
Afternoon hunt produced nothing again ... did see 2 dogs and a white cat though 😜👍... had 2 new scrapes near the stand on the path by my one camera but must have went behind the tree cause nothing on camera and only 15 ft from it .....go figure seems to be the way my season is going hopefully things will pick up.... oh ya windy as all get out too ... wow !! That’s how my afternoon went ... good luck guys
2017/10/24 20:56:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
If yinz got nothing better to do yinz might find something interesting here.  FAWN PREDATION STUDY.

https://youtu.be/AdhFUxgZk04?t=1

2017/10/24 22:20:12
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
If yinz got nothing better to do yinz might find something interesting here.  FAWN PREDATION STUDY.

https://youtu.be/AdhFUxgZk04?t=1

interesting ..... thanks BTDT
2017/10/25 09:27:38
thunderpole
Seen 2 bucks yesterday morn scrubs rattled one in then seen a hitlister run out at 4pm heading the wrong way idk if he had a doe or was cruising? Then seen a small buck nudgeing a doe my plans to walk way around to slip in the beds didn't pan out ha it was rough getting up this week is gonna kick my****hunting 9hrs on stand yesterday looking forward to this evening....2 new bucks on that cam since Sunday

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account