2017/10/17 15:20:35
fishin coyote
r3g3,
Probably the best thing for him. Did you take any pictures of it?
Mike
2017/10/17 15:21:23
Walleye jigs
Good for you R3, kindness goes a long way and somehow that kind gesture will return to you.
2017/10/17 15:34:27
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Good kill r3g3. As others said, probably the best thing for him
2017/10/17 15:46:46
r3g3
Thanks guys-
Did it right- called in a legal bow kill report to the state and have a proper harvest number.
Neighbor took photos of the messed up jaw.
2017/10/17 16:30:21
DarDys
Good job, sir. You saved it from a lot of suffering and a slow winter death.
2017/10/17 20:29:56
Big Tuna
I once shot a really big doe in Pa's. two day doe season that had a 22. through its lower jaw at the back hinge.  It was at least a couple of months old,and appeared to be the attempt of a spotlight poacher. Although it appeared she couldn't use it right,she had a full belly of shinny black seeds about the size of sesame seeds. She was in very good condition,about as fat a doe I ever shot. It's amazing how incredibly hardy deer are,and the strong will to survive. I don't know how she would had made out after her food source ran out,but she was very healthy at the time. 
2017/10/17 22:17:41
mopars0
Good deal r3g3 like what has already been said ya did the right thing. Afternoon hunt was interesting to say the least . Hit woods a little earlier then usual , checked camera this was on it .. now checked cameras Sunday not a deer for 5 days ...so was happy to see this boy. Now the good part had this buck under my stand messing around for 15 minutes , giving me a great broadside shot , sun shining on him everything you wish for on a hunt ... one problem he wasn’t legal 4 pt ... OH WELL it was fun. Only deer I saw from stand he even greeted me in the field as I was leaving to say bye 😜👍. So that’s how my afternoon went .... good luck guys !!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/10/17 22:33:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve does "3-up" not apply in your little piece of Penn's Woods?

I'd shoot sticks at that bad boy all day long. But only because, it would take me all day long to hit something with a pointy stick. LMAO ouch😡.... still a little tender heh heh hehh... ouch!

Great picture, looks like he's marking his spots. Bigger boys be in the area too.
2017/10/17 22:45:30
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Steve does "3-up" not apply in your little piece of Penn's Woods?

I'd shoot sticks at that bad boy all day long. But only because, it would take me all day long to hit something with a pointy stick. LMAO ouch😡.... still a little tender heh heh hehh... ouch!
yeah 3 up off main beam is good ... can’t use brail tang the little one tonight just had 2 Y’s it was young anyhow ... but didn’t know I was there 😜 ... had his nose up though so scent killer must have worked some , there was a new scrap on path figured it was his he checked it a couple times ...get well bud need ya back out there .... lol
2017/10/18 16:39:12
BeenThereDoneThat.

Is the rut up to my little piece of Penn's Woods......... yet?

Heck yes,  welllll almost is anyway, I think.

Was out and about the past two days just to see what kind of the conditions the conditions was in when I stumbled upon a very nice rub that wasn't there yesterday.

Took a minute to swing by the high rise ground blind an check the field cams.  One is pointing off the back porch and the other hanging on the front porch.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met  NOT happy (time)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met [time] 

Oh welll, they're still fun to watch and cute as heck. 

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account