lake lonely

Author
Golfnfish
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/10 13:14:13 (permalink)

lake lonely

Hello all, I am going to take my boys up to Lake lonely next week. I have never fished there. Can you tell me what types of fish are in there? Any input is appreciated! Are any parts better than others. Launching from Lake Lonely Boat Livery.

Thanks

4 Replies Related Threads

ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: lake lonely 2008/07/10 18:24:41 (permalink)
    i've been there 5 or 6 times this year and caught quite a few Largemouth bass, and quite a few pike. apparently there are walleye, but i've never fished for them. i've seen little perch and sunfish swimming around in the channel, along with big carp splahing around in the shallows.
    as for spots to fish.... well, after you leave the main channel and go out into the lake, pretty much the entire left side of the lake has weedbeds.  hope that helps a little.
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: lake lonely 2008/07/10 21:12:40 (permalink)
    Golfnfish:

When you get to Lake Lonely Boat Livery ask Bill Perry, the owner and he will be glad to point out the great spots on the lake.  He will also let you know what the fish have been hitting on or what to use.  Tell him Eagle Ed told you to ask him and I'm sure he will point you in the  right direction.  One word of caution "There are some hugh pike on that lake, so come prepared with proper equipment!".  Also there are many big largemouth bass, good sized crappies and plenty of eating sized perch (most of which I've had better luck catching - the perch throught the ice).
    Also ask Bill for a map of the lake to get the various depths and where to fish.  As for walleyes, they are few and far between even through the ice.  Have a great time with the kids and good luck.

Eagle Ed
    Golfnfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: lake lonely 2008/07/11 08:59:33 (permalink)
    Thanks guys! Looks like i need t ostock up on some bigger lures for the PIKE!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: lake lonely 2008/07/11 10:06:42 (permalink)
    Lake Lonely is definately the 'forgotten stepchild' around there...

With Saratoga Lake's (well deserved) reuptation as one of the state's finer Bass lakes, it's neighbor next door seems to be overlooked by most...

But if you want pike- that's the place...

Back in the day I hear you could access Lake Lonely from Saratoga Lake vis the Kaydeross- but it's been closed by a logjam since my early days of boating around there in 1990...

Big ol' stickbaots trolled slow will find some pike- if you can keep the weeds off with any regularity...  Good luck!
    Jump to: