What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ?

Private   33% (6)
Non Private   50% (9)
Don't give a "Hoot"   16% (3)

Total Votes: 18

Voting Ends:
Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/08 19:40:34 (permalink)

I was wondering about what ya think about making this a Private Forum ?
If ya look at the replies compared to the hits you will see alot of people are lookin at where we fish but do not reply - makes ya wonder ... I did this with another forum and it worked out great - this means only members of "Eastern New York" will be able to view what we post - Which in turn will make it a little more easier to post where we fish and what we caught them on without every Tom****& Harry to view the post ...

Sorry if ur name Is Tom ,****or Harry ....

8 Replies Related Threads

cuchef
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/08 21:01:46 (permalink)
    I don't know.  My location in NY really doesn't fit in with any of the locations on the site.  I fish all over the place but mainly in the Finger Lakes region.  I might look where people are fishing but rarely will I make it to the spots as a destination.  

"Cheat me on the price not the product."
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/08 21:13:21 (permalink)
    You know, not a bad idea ... it worked pretty good on the other site we visit. Made it a more tight nit group of guys if you ask me. And you don't have to be local either, just go through the mod to sign up.

My 2 cents
    BB
    MohawkRiverDan
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 102
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/08 22:31:44 (permalink)
    Try it . Cant hurt . 
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/08 23:41:47 (permalink)
    I vote not ~
    from what i have read here it's mostly well fished public waters when names and places are given. The option is not to post names which is where a PM comes in handy. My feeling is it would discourage people from visiting .

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/09 00:45:49 (permalink)
    I voted non-private as well. Very well said by Tuna. Now, if you had a tiny stretch of a stream where you wanted to share with just one person, a pm works just fine.

Also, small,private internet group can easily dwindle down to 2 people. People come and go.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/09 21:45:39 (permalink)
    I voted non private too, besides, I know better than to advertise my special  fishing spots that can easily be overfished, specifically along the upper delaware system and its headwaters.  I  fished down the shore off point pleasant on wed. before 4th july .. me and my buddy catch some tastey seabass but no fluke.. very few out of like 30 people only two or three keeper fluke ! lol  .. i can't wait to go again though.. using my spinning outfit 4000 stradic and shimano 7' scarbarb. I like 17lb. fireline to barrel and 15 or 30 lb mono leader to bucktails with a teaser. i also bring my conventional outfit  for back up. So I haven't been upstate at my place in the catskills ..I'm sure the grass is high now..probably have to cut it twice next time up there! The stream trout likey stressed in this hot weather. all except the secret fishing spots i know hold monsters! lol.. but really, I like fishing saltwater these days.  I'll let you know how we do next time out for fluke.
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/10 21:20:31 (permalink)
    Jeff:
    Sorry, but I vote non-private as well.  How else would Eagle Crg and I find out about the great lake trout fishing at Crane Pond??  Tough hike in during the winter, but worth the trip!

Eagle Ed
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: What do you guys & gals think about making this Forum Private ? 2008/07/11 22:50:00 (permalink)
    I'm just seeing what ya all would like ..... 
    Jump to: