Lewey Lake

Author
Hunter25
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/01 09:47:16 (permalink)

Lewey Lake

I am going camping on Lewey Lake this weekend. I haven't fished it a long time and was wondering if anyone else has fished it lately. I am going to try for Lakers.

3 Replies Related Threads

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Lewey Lake 2008/07/01 10:21:45 (permalink)
    Good LucK!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Lewey Lake 2008/07/11 10:13:06 (permalink)
    Lakers are sort of tough in there- but they exist...  I've picked up all mine with a 'toy' downrigger on my dads canoe back in the day...  Trolling Dave Dadis rigs and stinger spoons...

The pike in there are the real trophies...  There are some MONSTERS in there and being a relatively small lake you have agreat shot at finding several over 30" on a good day...  And one over 40" on a great day (evening, really)...

Check out the weedbeds on the far side (across the lake from the campground)...  It's hard to launch a boat at the designated ramp unless you have a tiny boat or tiny tires...  Its shallow as could be there by the beach...  A canoe, kayak or cartopper is perfect...

The bigger boats (my 14ft Starcraft can't get off the trailer at Lewey) just scoot across the street and put-in on Indian Lake...

I do think the campground has rental rowboats too...  That would get you some fish...  Hit the island right in front of the camoground- the deepest water is just beyond there.  With electronics you will see the Lakers- most likely down around 40-50ft this time of year...  Nights have still been cool up there...

Good luck!  That's a great lake!!!
    mohawkriverdang
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Lewey Lake 2008/07/12 15:33:30 (permalink)
    Good info Jimmy .  Lewy lake is where I proposed to my wife . We go there every year . Not much of a hot spot for fishing but a great family lake . Ive been going there for the better part of my life . Lots of fun the fishing there can be good . Id concentrate on the pike rather than the lakers and splake . The weed bed by the cabins is a great spot for ice fishing . So I'm told . I don't fish the hard water much . I like the site with the big split rock . either that one or the lower #'s on the Indian lake side . I'll be up there come the middle of next month . Hope you had fun .
    Jump to: