Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/28 18:34:47 (permalink)

Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies

I invited our Mod (Reelforce) for an early morning Smallie trip to my neck of the woods. He will have to give details, but i think he left his house before 3:00am  DOH !!! 

Overall we did ok. Weather was nice, saw a bald eagle & the mountain views are awesome !!

As for fish we boated about a dozen, not the crazy action i had the past few trips, but very fun anyway   ... they really need to put on a few pounds though.

This one was 19" long, but could not hit 3lbs on the scale ?!?!?!?

Reelforce found a good bite later in the morning dragging lizards and cathing a few nice ones like this ...

Topwater bite was lame for me on the Spook, but the Chugbug worked ok for RF.

Thanks for looking,
BB

4 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies 2008/06/28 19:00:58 (permalink)
    First "Thanx" Brian -I had a blast ! Alarm clock was set for 2am and being dark as we got there guess who forgot there sunglasses ? so I had "slits" for eyes ... Let's do it again tomorrow !!!! well may be not -it's now 6:55pm and got a few beer in me sittin here thinking about the day - It was sorta special to me got to fish in the Catskills for the first time and my B-day is in a week and a half , what made it so special was I was born there ... Thanks again Brian for the early B-day presant  !!!

Total -7
    3 - on chugbug
    4 - lizzard
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2008/06/28 19:02:57
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies 2008/06/29 11:24:13 (permalink)
    nice fish! you guys eatem or catch and release? i use to keep a few for frying cause they are delicious.Sadly there are fish consumption advisories for  most freshwater impoundments  in NYS including NYC reservoirs. There are tons of those sm in nev pepac ashokan..they all look perfectly healthy.. at my age it is no concern though, i enjoy my fish fry a few timesa year regardless! black marabous tipped with half nightcrawler works well in deep clear water.
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies 2008/06/29 13:35:31 (permalink)
    backin:

You might as well eat the fish you catch, since you live in New Jersey anyhow.  Just wait until you start glowing in the dark (which will attract the bait fish) and the fishing will really improve.  Just keep an eye out for that former **** governor when you are bending over to net your fish.
    I was born and raised in Morrisville, Pa (just across the river from Trenton, Nj) and we always ate the yellow perch/bass/catfish/white perch we caught out of the Delaware.  Of course my dad died of throat cancer (which I think he got from being a fireman in the U.S. Steel Works), but the rest of my four brothers, three sisters and I are doing OK.
    Let us know when you threaten to come up this way, so we can put up the road block.  Also, stop blaming Bush for the gas crisis; as your Liberal friends won't let us drill in Alaska!

Eagle Ed
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Me & Reelforce hunt Smallies 2008/06/29 15:55:22 (permalink)
    Yes eagle, you are right about  new jersey fishing.. sure isn't much a garden state either these days! lol ..As for catskills that ashokan has some fine sm fishery even lunker large mouth in some backcoves i witnessed one about 8 -9 lbs. once many years ago.. some guy plugging topwater rebel popper first cove upper basin by the weir. I feel like i'll go throat cancer too! lol not kidding.. I got to slow down and stop blaming bush is right..however,  i do not think drilling in alaska or off shore will bode well for our future or the next..it may be a short term fix for our troubled economy..but environmentally, if we allow oil people to dominate our world rather allowing purer cleaner alternate energy solutions.. we are only fooling ourselves. hopefully by the time i get up by your way we all have fuel efficient hybrids! lol
    Jump to: