Opening Day fishing stories

Author
GadaboutGaddus
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/16 22:18:46 (permalink)

Opening Day fishing stories

Anyone have any opening day fishing stories that are worth while reporting! I have one. I was asked by an older gentlemen (81 Yrs old) to go out with him on opening day. He didn't want to go too far from home but just wanted to go fishing on opening day! I let him decide where to go and we went up near Ligonier,PA. Got the day started at 6:00 Am and started out for our day on the water. So on the way up he recalled his days of coming up and staying over night at Jimmy's camp! He talked about Jimmy and the camp the whole day! At about 9:30 he hooked a nice tiger trout. A fish that was about 14 to 15 inches long. He hooked the first fish of the day! We didn't get another fish the rest of the day. After lunch we headed for Jimmy's camp up on top of the mountain. When we got there he walked all around it. Looking at it and recalling fond memories of days past. We didn't catch another fish all day. That older gentlemen had a hell of a day! The memories of days of old made the day for him. It wasn't about how many fish we caught but about just being out there on opening day!!!!

May your fly rod always be bent!

2 Replies Related Threads

FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Opening Day fishing stories 2008/04/16 22:43:13 (permalink)
    Great story! Good job!

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8505
    RE: Opening Day fishing stories 2008/04/16 23:14:54 (permalink)
    Great story Rob. Do you remember Gaddaboutgaddis?

Jump to: