1st day of regular trout, many questions

Author
AdamsDry
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/11 00:32:34 (permalink)

1st day of regular trout, many questions

I only think of Erie tribs and Steelhead in the same thought as that's all I fish for there.  Are the Erie West and Erie East streams stocked with the usual 1st day State stocking program just like all the other streams of the commanwealth?  Which I think means fishing is prohibited tomorrow the 11th. Can you fish for steelhead on the 11th without breaking the law?  Does this mean that all the tribs are going to be crambed with great numbers of fishermen who are after steelhead and possibly the resently stocked browns, albinos, brook and regular rainbow trout?  Please tell me what goes on in the tribs at this much looked forward to time of year.         ....catch and release as carefully as possible, barbless hooks, rubberized net or grab the fly and a twist of the wrist and it is free. I respect this wonderful stocked resourse for the selfish thrill these critters give.         

6 Replies Related Threads

egg sac
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/11 01:17:35 (permalink)
    all lake erie tribs are closed for 32 hrs prire to 8am this saturday moring april 12th. the erie tribs do not get stocked with rainbows or brookies . 20 mile , elk , crooked and cascade get stocks of brown trout only. only time you will see anything other then a steelhead steelhead smolt of brown go i to a erie trib is if a club stocks them like weslville does to a few streams.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
    WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/11 07:20:00 (permalink)
    The Erie Tribs do get an increase in fishing pressure opening day, especially in the areas where the trout are stocked.  If you fish these areas expect company.  Good luck.

pax vobiscum +
    AdamsDry
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/11 10:20:54 (permalink)
    Thanks guys!  That really cleared things up.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/11 10:49:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: egg sac

all lake erie tribs are closed for 32 hrs prire to 8am this saturday moring april 12th. the erie tribs do not get stocked with rainbows or brookies . 20 mile , elk , crooked and cascade get stocks of brown trout only. only time you will see anything other then a steelhead steelhead smolt of brown go i to a erie trib is if a club stocks them like weslville does to a few streams.

Just watch out on the East tribs, as the portions stocked at this time are usually open for children only for periods of time.  Somebody more knowledgeable could chime in and give specifics. 
    wccprez
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/11 22:18:29 (permalink)
    the wcc stocks fourmile creek for kids the program runs though the month  of April.

JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: 1st day of regular trout, many questions 2008/04/12 22:31:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: egg sac

Eggy, how did you do today, get your Pali as usual ?
    Jeb
    Jump to: