Friend areested on Connie for trespasing

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/03/31 22:02:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cp13

wont be long now until this thread goes on lockdown...plnoldrick and griffon, you guys should probably take your insults to the pm boxes...just a suggestion

Who cares

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/03/31 23:38:15 (permalink)
Most train fatalities are only called accidents to spare the family grief over their loved ones jumping in front of a train.
A friend of mine was a conductor and has killed many people on the tracks.

"SUICIDE BY TRAIN"
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 00:04:48 (permalink)
I prefer Death By Chocolate.
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 02:34:09 (permalink)
I prefer death by hookers.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 06:32:28 (permalink)
You dissappoint me rick.  Come on, wake up old timer take your blue pill and get your day started now.  I gave you all night to respond intelligently to my response about military bases, but you failed to do so.  Since you shot your mouth off without thinking to begin with, I kind of figured you might be too busy eating your statements to make intelligent new ones.  As for everyone seeing your side of things, it is amazing how quiet it got when people were told that walking on any tracks or even crossing them is considered illegal, since most people have to do as much.  As for facts, I have two degrees in Social Studies (one being a masters in American History).  I can give you a detailed description of almost every railroad event that has ever occurred in our country, but that wouldn't be interesting most of the folks out there. That said, the industry you work for, as necessary as they are (and will be even more so) are also among the most historically corrupt organizations that has ever operated. 

Here is a thought and I am being absolutely serious.  Since you are employed by the railroads and have been employed for them for some time, I will assume you hold a position of at least a little influence.  Why don't you do some good for sportsmen and all other outdoor people and use your influence to help build railroad easements where crossing and travel can be done.  There will no doubt be the need for more train routes in the future (no denying that), with the current legalities, the railroad will only post more and more access.  Like I said, currently the railroads cover hundreds of thousands of miles and every inch of those tracks is off limits even for the sake of crossing (obviously not referring to street crossings).   

ORIGINAL: plnoldrick

ORIGINAL: griffon

Actually Dumb**** (not real smart, are you sport?)many military bases do allow limited hunting and fishing opportunities when available by permit  (too bad the railroad isn't clever enough to try the same thing perhaps). Glad to see you woke up from your nap old timer. Working for the railroad does not make you special, I expect you were special long before you were hired. Now, do you want to continue? I can go on forever if you would like and I do not lose when it comes to wars of insults (since you started with the personal attacks, I will be happy to finish).  I would suggest we part and go our own ways.

dude your an internet hardass. nothing more, nothing less. your mouth moves and nothing but a constant stream of $hit pours out of it. you back up nothing. you have no legitimate argument. everyone here agree's trespassing is trespassing EXCEPT you however b.s. it might be. yet for some reason you continue to awe us with your 3th grade i want it now mommy now mentality. and by he way i did not know military bases gave hunting and fishing permits. nor did i ever claim to know everything. learn something new everyday, except you. you obviously know everything allready. oh btw, what would you cry like a baby and throw a temper tantrum like you are now if a military base denied you a permit?

hmmm so you think im still an old timer even though im 30? that must make you what early 20's? late teens? you have nothing for kid. i can go on and on and on just like you. but im not an internet hard**** like you so i could give a $hit less. as far as your suggestions, shove them up your **** cause they mean nothing to me. so does every other retarded thing you've said come to think of it. but i am going to refrain from partaking in this thread anymore. only since you've destroyed it with your nonsensical rhetoric.

so im sure now you'll have to post some rebuttal since i had the last post. more power to you and good luck at life, your REALLY gonna need it.
hivue05
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 87
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 06:38:52 (permalink)
WTF Three pages of this is ENOUGH ! Lets all lay our weapons on the ground
and GO-FISHIN.
Wally Cat
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1073
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 06:43:21 (permalink)
Amen!! How many ways can you say the same thing differently?

Enjoy Life, Be Happy, Go Fish - Often!

"God has blessed America - may He continue to do so, even though we are not worthy of it".
Author..... Wally Cat
plnoldrick
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 391
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 09:47:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Wally Cat

Amen!! How many ways can you say the same thing differently?

hey i quit on page 2 and apologized for my behavior. somebody needs to have a talk with your boy a couple posts up.
plnoldrick
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 391
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 09:56:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: T.T.

SK, some duuds have enough trouble walking and breathing at the same time.  Now, you want them to actually notice the shaking under their feet, too.  Come on, be reasonable.

seriously i dont expect anyone to understand who doesnt work around these things all day. BUT they can and do move without vibrating. most of the time when they are moving you can hear them and feel the vibration. if an engineer is shoving cars back onto a sidng track real slow its not gonna vibrate most of the time.  ask hardcore fisher on here, he's a conductor.

look frankly i dont care what any of you do. cross the tracks, hold a soccer game in the middle of a humping yard. i came in here for the single reason of telling people that railroad police are going to be cracking down on trespassers.
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6353
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 09:58:58 (permalink)
Gentlemen,
      While I do believe that the railroads have the right to post their property there is one item that hasn't been mentioned.  The fact that some railroads that have large land holdings along rivers and mountains ARE leasing the access rights to "sportsmans groups".  I'm a firm believer that when a R.R. decides to abandon a piece of "right of way" that the right of way should become public property.  Not sold to the highest bidder.  After all most of the land acquired by the railroads was given to them in the first place or aquired by eminant domain for their "opening up" our rural areas and providing transportation for rural commodities.   If you want access so much how about granting the railroads TOTAL immunity from lawsuits from any incidents that happen on their property in exchange for access?
      BTW: suicide by railroad is far more common than many people think.
      Also as a side to point out the dangers.  I was once hunting along a track that was heavily travelled by coal cars.  I watched a large lump of coal (about 15 pounds) come off a car, at speed, and crash through the brush about 50 yards from me.  Made me glad I wasn't walking the tracks.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
egg sac
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 10:35:00 (permalink)
Ok I guess I will add my thoughts to this..While may areas can be eaisly accessed without goinbg on to railroad property many can not.I will use upper Conneaut Creek as an example. The PA Fish and Boat commision has the key to the rail road gates and when they stock the stream the line of cars that stocks the stream does go down the tracks to stock the fish.Now the Bessemer rail lines alow this but will and do fine people for walking the tracks to fish the stream when the only way possible to access many of the areas they stock is by walking the tracks. Now not sure how many of you would feel about this, but it make zero sence to me to alow fish to be stocked in areas they say you are not alowed to walk. When I was a teeneager I got a fine for walking the tracks to access such spots.I had figured if the fish commison was alowed to stock it why should I not be allowed to access it to fish it. Since then I have not been to them spots except to help stock them but do not want anoughter 200 dollar fine for being thier again.You could say just walk up and down the stream but many places this is just not possible as many holes are way to deep to walk though to do such. From dicksonburgh to Coneautville most access is by the railroad tracks.and only way to access the stream is by crossing the tracks.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 10:44:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pghmarty

Most train fatalities are only called accidents to spare the family grief over their loved ones jumping in front of a train.

"SUICIDE BY TRAIN"

Viewer Discretion is advised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pvyaWONrPAY

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 12:32:49 (permalink)
MikeG you beat me to it. Brutal. I like to joke around alittle but I have nothing to say about that video.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
STEELYS MANFISH
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 682
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 13:42:48 (permalink)
Its hard to imagine hating life so much....
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 14:34:27 (permalink)
For some people the pain of life is worse than taking their own life.  For them suicide is the ultimate pain reliever. 

We recently lost a person in our community who hung himself the day before Palm Sunday.  For his family and friends, their lives will never be the same. 

I feel for both the person who died in this video and the person running the train who had to watch it happen. 

pax vobiscum +
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 15:05:46 (permalink)
I know there is a good chunk of Brokenstraw Creek(spring creek to Garland) that you have to cross the tracks to get to it.

To me there is a big difference in "crossing" the tracks to get to a fishing or hunting spot and walking through a yarding area that has much more train activity. I could see why they would want you out of an area like that.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

HardCore Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 519
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 15:25:07 (permalink)
Anything can happen around and along the railroad ROW, the NO TRESSPASSING signs are placed for your benefit.

Ronnie
griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 15:43:54 (permalink)
Anything can happen while you are walking down the sidewalk too, perhaps they should be off limits.  Another RR worker piping up to defend his employer...

Bings,  I agree with your statements completely.  Unfortunately, the RR authorities don't and will write tickets just the same.

pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 16:24:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: mikeg

ORIGINAL: pghmarty

"SUICIDE BY TRAIN"

Viewer Discretion is advised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pvyaWONrPAY

That is why he was retired at 45 with a pension
mikeg
Pro Angler
RE: Friend areested on Connie for trespasing 2008/04/01 16:29:57 (permalink)
Can't say I blame him....

HardCore Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 519
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 16:40:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: griffon

Anything can happen while you are walking down the sidewalk too, perhaps they should be off limits.  Another RR worker piping up to defend his employer...

Bings,  I agree with your statements completely.  Unfortunately, the RR authorities don't and will write tickets just the same.

Dude just shut up you know nothing an complain about everything.

Ronnie
mikeg
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 16:46:13 (permalink)
Be nice

griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 18:10:32 (permalink)
Funny how you criticize facts.  What flavor koolaid do they serve you when you sign up for railroad employment, I am curious.  As for knowing nothing, yeah your probably right (that was really quite astute of you to recognize), but I would bet you might not want to match credentials. Really though, the only things I complain about on this board are injustices to sportsmen, spot burners, people who do not respect what we have, and people who read blueprints for a living but cannot seem to read something as simple as the fishing digest so that they are aware of current rules (I expect your male friend should be chiming on).  It seems to me that it is no wonder the tracks along route 8 haven't been fixed completely since the flood several years back, look at the help the railroad is hiring...  Now, are you sure you would like to continue?  

I would however like to submit one of your latest quotes.  It seems to me that I may not be the only one who doesn't know everything.  Kind of odd for most of the other posters to rave about them when you are supposed to be the "Hardcore Fishermen". 

ORIGINAL: HardCore Fisher

I bought the big fat box of trout magnets that walmart has and i have yet to catch a fish or even have them take interest in them or even look at them, definately a waste of money, i can't even cast them unless i tie 1 onto the fly rod an roll cast it.

Ronnie
post edited by griffon - 2008/04/01 18:16:51
griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 18:19:53 (permalink)
Hey Mike, If you want to block this feel free.  I certainly would understand.  That said, I am just getting warmed up and my best stuff has yet to be delivered from the mound.

ORIGINAL: mikeg

Be nice
Cr Critter
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 18:25:22 (permalink)
I onced worked for a RxR as a trainman when I was a younger man. One of the worse experiences I had as a RxR employee was to round a bend to see 3 YOUNG girls playing / standing out in the middle of a 600' +/- tressle. We were in a approch signal block following another train so we were coasting around the bend approaching the bridge at pretty much a idle throttle setting . Did they hear us coming?  No.  As soon as we saw them, the engineer blew the whistle, big-holed the train (set  the emergency brakes ) and then the only thing left to do was to PRAY & PRAY HARD!!!  I never prayed at all during that point in my life but I sure learned how to in a hurry that day.   Pretty $hitty feeling to have a front row seat riding in front of 10 million lbs. +/- of iron ore & steel bearing down on 3 young girls running for their lives .  These kids ranged in age (guessing)  between 6 to 11-12 years old.  Anyhow, they immediately took off running at the sound of the whistle with the oldest girl soon out distancing the younger two.  The youngest one kept tripping up & fell several times.  THANK GOD the oldest one looked back, turned and ran back to help save the youngest girl's life. She would not have ever made it on her own.  I really didn't think any of them were going to make it anyhow.  It was so close that we couldn't tell if they made it or not until we looked out the side windows to see them jump clear of the lead unit by only a few feet /  inches /seconds as we  rolled past the end of the bridge abutment. We rolled another 1/2 mile +/- before we came to a complete stop. By the time I lost the shake in my knees enough to run back to the bridge, they were gone. 

Some kids /adults now adays like to play chicken with or commit suiside by train as in the video clip Mike posted.  Some find it as a way to end their problems in life not realizing the lifelong grief /agony/trama it can cause to family /friends / rescue personnel /  train crew/ etc.

John Tolman, spokesman for the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen, said the average train engineer will see three suicides during his 25 years on the job. A commuter rail engineer will see as many as 20 in his career.
Further related info. in the link below.

http://www.ble.org/pr/news/headline.asp?id=12603

So , as far as tresspassing on RxR property / right of ways, have most of us /myself done it? YES!
 Does that make it OK?  NO!  Would I / most of us here lobby anyone for the right to tresspass / use someone elses private land just to satisfy our own personal / recreational needs like Mr. griffon?  I would bet NO!!

griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 18:35:11 (permalink)
our own personal / recreational needs like Mr. griffon?  I would bet NO!!

Fishing is the largest participated sport in the country.  PA has close to a million licensed hunters.  How is it that standing up for the rights of these groups is even implied as selfish.  Cr, please go back and reread my posts.  I understand private property and property rights.  I feel sorry for you witnessing someone surviving when they could have been hit by a train. Here again however, this is another RR worker sticking up for the company (I know you no longer work for them).

CR, you admit that you have crossed tracks.  Do you feel that for doing as such you should be arrested and fined?  I don't and that was my argument from the beginning when everyone was ready to serve an individual up for dinner.  Another board member mentioned that this was a highly sensitive area that the perp was on, and I admitted that I was indeed unaware of the spot (although I could see areas like staging yards being off limits).  
post edited by griffon - 2008/04/01 18:42:33
Grendel
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1675
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 19:30:57 (permalink)
"How is it that standing up for the rights of these groups is even implied as selfish."

Last time I checked there was no proclamation stating that Hunting and Fishing were rights.  Sometimes as a society we have to have limits placed upon our freedoms (freewill) for some larger good.  Any attmept to protect folks from injury is a greater good.  I cannot imagine what goes through an individual's mind after hitting and possibly killing another.  This is particularly true if such an occurance was preventable by simply acknowledging a No Trespassing sign.

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 19:45:24 (permalink)
Grendel,  Point taken.  Hunting and fishing are not rights.  My posts however did have more to do with than just those two activities.  Millions of people enjoy our state and federal lands which were indeed entitled to the American Public by one Mr. Theodore Roosevelt.  Many of these could be completely cut off from the masses as railroad tracks divide many of these areas or border them with the access roads being on the other side. 
Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough and noone seems to get it.  The RR property does not have to be posted.  You are still considered tresspassing and you can still be arrested/fined for as much as crossing a set of tracks.  That is not right and I can only hope that something is done before everyone loses access to some of the greatest treasures that our country offers. 
Let me assure you this, if we do not stand up and be counted as sportsmen, we will be extinguished with the only ones who can partake being those of the likes of Mr Beaver and his clients.  Sounds a whole lot like much of Europe, doesn't it?  I am certain that I would not like to live in that type of society. 
Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 19:46:30 (permalink)
Grendel,

I think you may wish to do a bit better job of checking.  There are several states constitutional amendments that specifically protect the rights of their citizens to hunt and fish.  Here is a link to a webpage with the information you may find interesting.... http://www.tnwf.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=1

pax vobiscum +
egg sac
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: Friend arrested on Connie for trespassing 2008/04/01 19:48:12 (permalink)
If one desided to end it all by getting hit by a train , do you realy think a no tresspasing sign means a hill of beans to them? What griffon is trying to say is not that we want to fish on the rail road tracks just mearly cross them to get to a fishing or hunting spot. if one is so stupid to not look both ways before crossing a rail tack to make sure its safe as one would a road way they should not even be out without adult supervistion anyways. As in the case of the bessemer railway along Conneaut Creek there are lights that tell you if a trian is coming and what direction its coming from. it just makes zero sence we can drive along the tracks to stock the fish but are not aloud to access it to fish it.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: