Not Big, But Just Right....

Author
Fisherboy86
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 130
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/28 11:24:43 (permalink)

Not Big, But Just Right....

The last chromer for me in Erie this year. I'll finish up the rest of my season here in NY swinging streamers for dropbacks and fresh skamania through June.

Let's see some chrome guys.

IMG]
post edited by Fisherboy86 - 2008/03/28 11:26:24

3 Replies Related Threads

racinray
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 162
    RE: Not Big, But Just Right.... 2008/04/04 16:50:24 (permalink)
    Nice fish Mike,whats been happening??Was gonna head up this weekend to give the 5 Milner a little swim time but the rain put a damper on that.Ray

la Fish Hog
    Fisherboy86
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: Not Big, But Just Right.... 2008/04/07 12:07:15 (permalink)
    Ray, What's going on man?

I've just been keeping busy with work, and doing some fishing on the weekends. I acquired a J.W. Young Heritage centerpin, as pictured, so I've been trying to get out as much as possible to get some wear and tear on it.

The Salmon River has been unbelievable this year. If you want to fish it, come up quick. The water temps haven't hit 40 yet and alot of the hens are still tight with eggs. I took my dad out Saturday and Sunday... he hooked up with 21 in two days, landing one at 36" with a girth of 18-19"...tough to measure as the steelhead didn't want anything to do with it.  I managed 38. Last Sunday I had my best day ever (on the Salmon) with 65 fish on and put over 20 on the bank.  So there are plenty of steel around.

If you plan on coming up in the future, let me know because we can drift it. It allows so much more freedom and access to holes without trudging 2 miles through snow/muck.

Best,
    Mike 
    racinray
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 162
    RE: Not Big, But Just Right.... 2008/04/07 15:13:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Fisherboy86

Ray, What's going on man?

I've just been keeping busy with work, and doing some fishing on the weekends. I acquired a J.W. Young Heritage centerpin, as pictured, so I've been trying to get out as much as possible to get some wear and tear on it.

The Salmon River has been unbelievable this year. If you want to fish it, come up quick. The water temps haven't hit 40 yet and alot of the hens are still tight with eggs. I took my dad out Saturday and Sunday... he hooked up with 21 in two days, landing one at 36" with a girth of 18-19"...tough to measure as the steelhead didn't want anything to do with it.  I managed 38. Last Sunday I had my best day ever (on the Salmon) with 65 fish on and put over 20 on the bank.  So there are plenty of steel around.

If you plan on coming up in the future, let me know because we can drift it. It allows so much more freedom and access to holes without trudging 2 miles through snow/muck.

Best,
    Mike 
    Mike sounds good ,wish I was a little closer than 7 hours away..Heading up this fall might take you up on the drift ride..If not that a little walking and shhoting the bull will work also.. thanks .Ray

la Fish Hog
    Jump to: