Hello All!

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
dryflyjc
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Hello All! 2009/10/13 21:16:25 (permalink)
Hey to all. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, I'm not a big poster and my tech skills are VERY limited. If I ever post a pic or link you can be certain that one of my 3 kids did it for me. I work a ton of hours each week as a restaurant DM but I do my best to be a good dad and respectable husband. My passion in life is fly fishing. My grand parents fished the Paradise way back in the forties and fifties, my grand mother tied buck tail streamers and was taught to tie by George Harvey.
      My first memory as a child involves fishing for sunnies with my grand father at Keystone state park. I have fished nearly all of my 55 years but I first started fly fishing 25 years ago on the little J when I moved to Altoona. I fell in love with trout, so very quickly I sold my boat and now fly (mostly dry) I still consider my self a novice with much to learn. I am not in the least bit ashamed to admitt a skunkin now and then and like most fishermen I absolutely will exagerate the length of the fish I catch. 
       I have enjoyed reading many of the posts here but knew I had to registar when I read the Jenna James at the nut thread. LMAO.   
       Tight lines to all. Jim  
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Hello All! 2009/10/14 08:05:30 (permalink)
Quite a story. Welcome aboard!

Lyrical
zugbug
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: Hello All! 2009/10/28 09:55:05 (permalink)
I am happy to report that JCDRYFLY recently had his 'steelhead on a fly rod' cherry popped....a beautiful 10+ pound freshie hen that really worked him over.  I think he'll be adding some nymphing to his arsenal now too.  Congrats again JC, and welcome to the club!  Btw, the upper little J looks pretty tasty this morning....

Zug
dryflyjc
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: Hello All! 2009/11/02 15:47:24 (permalink)
Thanks to Zug for a great day of fishing at Elk and a second steam that will remain un named. Never caught a steel head previously, (only thru the ice years ago). Also can'tThis really was a thrill for me and plan to return to be come a regular "muper". Next time I am going to try an adams or royal coachman if we find a place that is not shoulder to shoulder.....thanks again.

flyfishindave
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 659
RE: Hello All! 2009/11/03 10:40:58 (permalink)
welcome aboard I also fish the Little J & spring creek & I also make a fair amount of trips for the erie steel
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
RE: Hello All! 2009/11/05 00:24:07 (permalink)
Awesome! I wish I was closer to Erie.

Lyrical
polar bear
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 49
RE: Hello All! 2009/11/11 19:50:57 (permalink)
Hello .....my name is Mark , I'm from Plesantville and my game is trolling .......Lakers , Bows and Browns........Raystown ., Yough , Deep Creek Maryland and a bunch of smaller lakes
post edited by polar bear - 2009/11/12 18:50:38
fishfinder8
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Hello All! 2010/01/08 20:29:19 (permalink)
Been reading these post for years guess it's time to join. One thing for sure I love and Live to fish.
fishfinder8
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Hello All! 2010/01/08 20:49:36 (permalink)
To answer the question I fly fish I live about 10 minuets from Raystown Lake in Huntingdon County I fish the little j yellow creek spring creek penns creek and many other local streams also make a few trips a year to Erie for Steel head. Not a professional fisherman by any means but I do ok. It's not about the quantity its about the quality of the outing to me. I Have a fishing buddy that is one fly tying machine and he always has new stuff to try every year. Ill be posting here the week of the 18th we will be hitting the little J and we'll let ya know how their doing. 
MAGIC MAN
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Hello All! 2010/01/28 02:56:32 (permalink)
what's up guys? i'm another H-burg grad who loves to flyfish. i live in the frankstown area and in august my wife and i took our first major fishing trip to alaska,good times. we love fishing erie, mostly the elk. fighting kings in pulaski ny. is also pretty sweet. trout fishing around home is mostly done at canoe creek, piney creek or sections of clover creek. this fall gonna try out THE OAK (oak orchard) for those big browns.
Harry67
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Hello All! 2010/09/21 22:42:09 (permalink)
Hey fella. I live in Bellwood. Love to bow hunt and fish. Hope you do well.
Smoothy
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 134
RE: Hello All! 2011/08/25 19:53:31 (permalink)
I have been hammering the striper bass in Lake Lanier GA, and lake Norman. I want to start fishing PA's lake Raystown. A much smaller lake but stripers are a great game fish. Is this a good page for Raystown Lake talk?
spaceman
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 20
RE: Hello All! 2011/12/21 03:59:07 (permalink)
hi my name is chad and i am from lewistown (mcveytown) if u have heard of it.. ive been watching these forums for years and finnally decided to join. not shure what took so long.   i enjoy hunting and fishing both very much.  trout fishing is my passion ever since i was young.  i fish alot of small local streams that include, musser run, town run, kish creek, licking creek, and the junitata river as of late.  i love to do both spin and fly fish. pretty much if it swims i wanna catch it in one way or another.  i do the usual steelhead trip to erie if i can.  i do fish the juniata alot in the winter for walleye, bass , muskie, and browns.  i did alot of fishing in the deep creek lake region of md for a few years. had a last down there on the yough and north branch potomac river for those monster trout. im in to the outdoors alot and not a big fan of sitting inside.    
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2521
RE: Hello All! 2011/12/21 10:21:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spaceman

hi my name is chad and i am from lewistown (mcveytown) if u have heard of it.. ive been watching these forums for years and finnally decided to join. not shure what took so long.   i enjoy hunting and fishing both very much.  trout fishing is my passion ever since i was young.  i fish alot of small local streams that include, musser run, town run, kish creek, licking creek, and the junitata river as of late.  i love to do both spin and fly fish. pretty much if it swims i wanna catch it in one way or another.  i do the usual steelhead trip to erie if i can.  i do fish the juniata alot in the winter for walleye, bass , muskie, and browns.  i did alot of fishing in the deep creek lake region of md for a few years. had a last down there on the yough and north branch potomac river for those monster trout. im in to the outdoors alot and not a big fan of sitting inside.    
Welcome aboard. Fish a few of those streams myself.

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
Quote: E.B. White

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: