Why can't some anglers....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
bigben7
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 885
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 14:41:01 (permalink)
do u have to take ur deer out w/ a proper deer cart or drag rope?

last time i was up i forgot stringers and me and dad just threw em back. was a lot easier walking out w/out carrying all that extra weight.i must admit much of the time i keep them for "bragging rights" mostly because im a newbie i guess.some of my friends really like strong tasting fish loaded w/ garlic so i usually give the steelhead fillets away.but i do a lot of catch and release too.

if i wanted to keep some fish w/out a stringer id get an old fashioned y stick.my first trout went on a y stick maybe my sons first one will too.
carpitiss
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 348
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 17:13:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: mossy oak

Carp,

Dude, who really gives a ****?

Come on dude, let it go.  You becoming a holier than thou kind of guy? I'm not saying you do or act wrong.  I'm just saying you've been around a while.  You know much worse happens.  Lighten up bro...

MO

lol. just stirrin' the pot some mossy. nothing wrong with getting a little heated discussion going now is there? since i've been around awhile, you should know me better than that....

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrppppppp!!!!
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 17:19:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Stillhead

You can't just toss them on the bank, when I tried that the other day, their eggs were shooting everywhere.  So I had to club them with a rock, and milk the eggs into a ziploc.

dude, you come up with the perfect solution for almost every debate! if i only would have thought of that, i could've walked around the shore bonking the 5 steelhead like it was one of those games at an arcade. probably would have been pretty fun. but then again, i'm not so sure the landowner would appreciate his grass turning red....

i don't know. to me it seems so simple to just buy a .99 stringer. heck buy 10 of them....lol

spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 18:12:14 (permalink)
Do you carry out the gut pile from your deer, or leave it in the woods, where the landowner might see it?

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 18:21:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Do you carry out the gut pile from your deer, or leave it in the woods, where the landowner might see it?

actually, when i hunted in the mountains i would burry it as best i could. but when i hunted for "backyard deer" (areas in and around the city) the deer was taken out with guts intact and cleaned at a designated cleaning station. when i hunted we used a cart called "the horse" wich we were able to wheel the deer out of the woods. besides, most hunting areas near the city limits are close to roads.

so spoon, are you actually promoting just throwing a steelie up on shore? how do you think the owner of the doberman property would feel if he came walking by and saw dead steelies on his grass?

just one more thing to add to this list of things that could make a landowner angry enough to post his/her land......
post edited by carpitiss - 2008/03/15 18:24:20

mossy oak
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 883
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 18:26:23 (permalink)
LOL.  I do know you better.  I thought you were turning over a elitist leaf.  I should've known better.  Where have the boys been??  No more talk of beer and wings and PI football??

MO

so save your breath I could not hear, I think I made it very clear...

spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 18:37:02 (permalink)
He'd stand beside his "boys", and ask if you'd like to come retrieve them.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 18:47:39 (permalink)
so spoon, are you actually promoting just throwing a steelie up on shore? how do you think the owner of the doberman property would feel if he came walking by and saw dead steelies on his grass?

carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:00:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: mossy oak

LOL.  I do know you better.  I thought you were turning over a elitist leaf.  I should've known better.  Where have the boys been??  No more talk of beer and wings and PI football??

MO

lol. elitist? no, i still enjoy dunking nightcrawlers, skein, sacs, and minnows when the conditions call for it....

Grendel
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1675
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:08:15 (permalink)
I have to say that reading some of your posts is MUCH better than renting a comedy!

The Lord knows I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but really now...

In addition to having to remember to pin a license to my hat/vest/arse/etc...you want me to remember to buy a stringer if i want to keep fish?  You are awful demanding.

Nice to read that you are such a RESPONSIBLE Sportsman....lmao

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:18:46 (permalink)
"I have to say that reading some of your posts is MUCH better than renting a comedy!"

thanks! that is just about the BEST compliment i have ever received!

not still miffed about the whole "oh great responsible one" statement now are you? because for a moment there i thought i sensed just a little bit of unresolved anger, but i could be wrong. lol.....
post edited by carpitiss - 2008/03/15 19:19:47

Grendel
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1675
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:30:04 (permalink)
Heck no! Not miffed!  Just thought I would dish it back to 'ya!

Posted with a smile!

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
lfosburg
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:41:18 (permalink)
i am always so excited when i catch one fish i just hold it in my hands and run back to my car as fast as possible and go home and fillet it
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 19:47:22 (permalink)
LOL! that was good!!!

Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 21:08:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: lfosburg

i am always so excited when i catch one fish i just hold it in my hands and run back to my car as fast as possible and go home and fillet it

haha, I think I saw you in January.  Dude wading in jeans/barefeet (swear to god) came running out of the stop sign hole, hugging a steelhead, and I mean hugging it on his way to the car.  Great stuff. I forgot all about it until I read your post.
BTJWG
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 23:12:36 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Grendel

I have to say that reading some of your posts is MUCH better than renting a comedy!

The Lord knows I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but really now...

In addition to having to remember to pin a license to my hat/vest/arse/etc...you want me to remember to buy a stringer if i want to keep fish?  You are awful demanding.

Nice to read that you are such a RESPONSIBLE Sportsman....lmao

Doc

Better than a comedy? oh thats right in PA the video store shelves are lined with your local hero, Ernest. I guess carpet**** is funnier than him.

Shake and Bake!!!
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 23:30:43 (permalink)
"so spoon, are you actually promoting just throwing a steelie up on shore?"

Promoting it? NO, but there are times, and places ( many in fact ) where I don't see it as particularlly objectionable. As with most things, forethought, and common sense come into play. Of all the objectionable behavoir conducted on the streams, this fits very low on the list.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
sstaz69
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/15 23:54:33 (permalink)
So what do you do with a steelie when ice fishing??? hook him on a stringer and put him back in the hole

The World is a Vampire
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/16 00:25:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

"so spoon, are you actually promoting just throwing a steelie up on shore?"

Promoting it? NO, but there are times, and places ( many in fact ) where I don't see it as particularlly objectionable. As with most things, forethought, and common sense come into play. Of all the objectionable behavoir conducted on the streams, this fits very low on the list.

perhaps at an access area it would not be objectionable, but it the upper stretches where landowners are allowing anglers to fish on their land (prime example being the property with the doberman), it may not be appropriate.

i think we all need to be aware of even the SMALL and seemingly INSIGNIFICANT things we do on the stream that could lead to upsetting landowners and eventually losing more water to fish....

hey, if i have to take the time and effort to pin a fishing license to my clothing, then others can at least take the time to buy a .99 stringer and rope the fish they plan on keeping ......

BTJWG
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/16 00:27:41 (permalink)
I wish you would pin your lips shut, were all sick of hearing you whine.

Shake and Bake!!!
carpitiss
Expert Angler
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/16 00:30:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: BTJWG

I wish you would pin your lips shut, were all sick of hearing you whine.

lol

creel
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 384
RE: Why can't some anglers.... 2008/03/16 09:19:38 (permalink)
Sheriff Spoon, it doe's make it a lot easier to let them go when not on a stringer, just kick them back in.  LOL
post edited by creel - 2008/03/16 17:10:02

thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: