Attn. Bughawk

Author
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/10 21:00:04 (permalink)

Attn. Bughawk

Thank you for bringing back some wonderful memories.  I saw your photos from the Screen Saver topic.  Since it got off topic, I thought I would reply.  I did not know the exact stream that was, but my wife and I definitely identified the immediate area.  The area from Speculator up to Big Tupper was always one of our favorite haunts in the summer.  We spent many days on the Bog River, sliding over the falls just before the river dumped into BT.  That entire area is just gorgeous.  It is a shame that acid rain played such a roll, but most of the streams (not necessarily all of the ponds) have rejuvinated and are once again teeming with brook trout.  My favorite streams in that area are definitely the Upper Hudson (Indian Lake) and the Little Black.  Both rivers are much like the one you depicted and I miss them greatly.  Again, thank you for bringing back the past.  Griffon

1 Reply Related Threads

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Attn. Bughawk 2008/03/10 21:19:56 (permalink)
    I am glad the photos brought back some good memories.  The hike me and a buddy of mine took will always be a special time.  Part of the trail we hiked was the North Placid trail.  The last part was along Long Lake.  I loved the area and hope to return some day.  Here are a few more pictures from that trip.

pax vobiscum +
    Jump to: