Author
bluntman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 684
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/28 23:33:28 (permalink)

Will it ever end

Got this concerning a boat I have for sale on the internet:

Hello My Friend, My name is Mr Austin Joseph Jr..from West Africa..I am a Contractor that works with Julius Berger Plc also a business man..I sew your Boat and i develop this feelings of having it for myself..I would love to buy it but the problem is that i live down africa..When i buy it who will take care of the shipping cost and all other expences..The price isn't my problem..Also can i know the perfect condition of the boat?..Why you wanna sell it?..I am really interested in having it..Lets talk..

Here was my response:

Send me a check for $25,000 USD and ill handle all the shipping arangments, I need to sell the boat very soon as I need a heart, lung,liver and sternum transplant,please hurry with the check as my surgery is in 13 days and if I dont get it , I will die and the boat will go to the catholic church, for back taxes, hoping to correspond quickly,  Ted Bundy

9 Replies Related Threads

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/28 23:39:30 (permalink)
    Thats classic right there!!!  And great response by the way.

steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/28 23:45:34 (permalink)
    I loved the one, a while back that said , u gotta relative that has recently deceased in Africa that was rich. Send us money an you'll be an millionaire. As if i had a relative in Africa.

She had bad body odor but boy could she sure skin a salmon!
    "Trust but verify" R.R.
    bluntman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 684
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 06:41:21 (permalink)
    Heres what was in my inbox this morning:

Bundy, I really feel for you and will like to help in so many ways..Ok lets do it this way..As you know i am from africa..But i have a house in the Usa which i wanna sell out..Already its been sold but the problem is that i need to fly to Usa to get my money..Now i will direct my agent and client to make the payment to you..I dont mind giving you the money first for your treatment and when you are strong we do business..What do you think..I really wanna help you on this..I will tell you something..My dad is a white from USA, MARYLAND PARKVILLE..He dead of liver and heart cancer when i was 7+ some days to my birthday..And i know how that makes me feel..I will help you..Sending you a check to me would not be a good idea becos of i dont want any form of scam act..But if you insist on a check then i will send you one....Why dont you get me a good credit card with a cash limit of $25.000 or $30,000 and i will credit the card for you from Usa..It will only take 24hours to credit..You might have a credit card but i dont need yours..I will need a new credit card for the business to avoid any problem..My friend i hope you understand me..Drop me your number and i will forward it to my agent in Usa for further informations..
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 06:55:19 (permalink)
    Sad part is you know there are folks that fall for this garbage. Good response though never thought of BSing the scammers...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

fishbreath
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 07:59:04 (permalink)
    I kind of wonder how the widow of the Nigerian oil minister is making out. I hope she's OK.
    earlysecond
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 212
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 08:49:29 (permalink)
    There is a whole website that is dedicated to jerking around Nigerian scammers such as your new friend here.  Some of the emails went back and forth on that site for 6+ months.  I can't remember the exact site and would not post it anyway as it is a distraction from the topic at hand!

Brent
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 10:11:05 (permalink)
    When I first read the title of the thread I thought was going to be about the weather....  When will it warm up????  When will it stop snowing????

Anyway, I don't think these annoying emails will ever end as long as there is one chance in a billion some fool will fall for the scammers ploy.

pax vobiscum +
    pole_doc
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 12:55:43 (permalink)
    I know where I can get a heart, a couple of lungs and a sternum.  Mint condition aside from a few minor scratches - only cosmetic really.  I need a boat.  Any interest in a trade?
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Will it ever end 2008/02/29 13:07:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: fishbreath

I kind of wonder how the widow of the Nigerian oil minister is making out. I hope she's OK.

I heard she is living in Bel Air and has a condo in NY
    Jump to: