SR 4/1 -3

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2023/04/03 17:50:07 (permalink)

SR 4/1 -3

As my luck would have it they raised the flow up to 1,500 plus.
On Saturday I did a float trip with a great guy. We went from 2A to the ballpark. The water was pushing 2k. It was a little tough fishing as I wasn't used to the bobber style and lost 5 fish due to my mistakes on hookset. Ended up going 1 for 6.
After the trip I fished about an hr in the LFZ losing another fish.
Sunday it was a freezing 13 degrees and we went to the UFZ . To my surprise there were very few people there.
Again tough fishing that big water but we managed to get 1 in the net. Decided to move back to the LFZ as it was a little more manageable. Fished north side of church pool with no other anglers. The flow was way too fast to on that side. 2 guys on south side in the calmer water above the hemlocks did well.

Decided to do some fun stuff and visit some friends. Had a great dinner out and closed down the Altmar hotel.
Today was a bust. Grabbed some breakfast and got outta town.

I will say, there's a lot of fish in the river for sure. A good mix of fresh still coming in. Plenty of Spawning and drop backs as well.
If you can get a little better flow as a bank angler, you'll have a really good time.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

1 Reply Related Threads

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: SR 4/1 -3 2023/04/03 20:08:20 (permalink)
    Nice report Rich--was a time  one fish a trip was noteworthy--glad ya played some-too bad the water made it tough
    Jump to: