Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 33
Author
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 17:05:46 (permalink)
I think there's a new player coming to town. Kennedy won't be any threat to Biden at all, but this morning, when I read about Susan Rice resigning the day before Biden's supposed to announce that he's running, I said oh oh, I think she's gonna toss in her name and primary him. Black, super progressive, been running high up in government circles since the early days of the Obama administration, been on the world stage, and don't forget the 'Crats will hold their 1st primary in South Carolina instead of Iowa and on to New Hampshire, and SC is a majority black state. She's got a dang good chance.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9685
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 18:39:53 (permalink)
If there is any real contender in DNC, I doubt they will announce for a few months. Biden hasn’t announced, although seems like his carcass will be wheeled into the race. I’d imagine any real contender will do what Meatball Ron is doing in not officially running, but getting in front of cameras whenever possible. I’m sure a few are already doing it in some way. Whoever it is will be the next POTUS if the cult pushes Dotard1 through the Nazi primary.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 19:00:15 (permalink)
EMitch
I think there's a new player coming to town. Kennedy won't be any threat to Biden at all, but this morning, when I read about Susan Rice resigning the day before Biden's supposed to announce that he's running, I said oh oh, I think she's gonna toss in her name and primary him. Black, super progressive, been running high up in government circles since the early days of the Obama administration, been on the world stage, and don't forget the 'Crats will hold their 1st primary in South Carolina instead of Iowa and on to New Hampshire, and SC is a majority black state. She's got a dang good chance.

Also wondered about Rice....but I'm thinking more along the lines of running mate.  It might give a little charge to Biden's uninspiring candidacy.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3066
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 20:25:12 (permalink)
DNC isnt planning on holding primary debates--protecting the gaff machine  lol ???
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 907
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 21:02:22 (permalink)
r3g3
DNC isnt planning on holding primary debates--protecting the gaff machine  lol ???

Side affect of this new era of politics ushered in by Former President Trump. 
They seemingly aren't needed anymore apparently. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1939
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/24 22:05:09 (permalink)
When was the last time that ANY sitting president participated in a primary debate?
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1669
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/25 08:17:04 (permalink)
When is the last time a sitting president had any serious challengers from his own party?

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3425
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/25 09:08:27 (permalink)
Touche.🤔
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/25 17:18:29 (permalink)
Since the modern primary system was implemented in 1972:

Bush had a primary challenger in 92, he lost the general

Carter had a primary challenger in 80, he lost the general

Ford had a primary challenger in 76, he lost the general

See the pattern?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/25 17:24:18 (permalink)
And to my knowledge there haven’t been any presidential primary debates, even in those years I noted above, where the sitting president had a primary challenge. Somebody could probably google that and prove me wrong… but the point is that historically, sitting presidents have never had to face debates because primary challenges are a bad look for sitting presidents
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/25 22:53:52 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar
Bud Light got cancelled because they attempted to treat trans people like human beings.

Bud Light got cancelled because the American people are sick to death of having the Transgender and LGBTQ agenda shoved down their throats by advertisers, major media outlets, pro **** politicians and the LGBTQ Pride organization themselves. We don't care what they do to and with each other. Just stop forcing the general population to believe that it is completely normal and that we not only have to accept it, but also have to support it. 330 million people in the US, and they are less than 1%, so how have they suddenly become so powerful?

DeadGator401
Yeah I get the general jist of it - but is there a specific instance that started it?

A Bud Light marketing manager decided that sales of BL were stagnating and they need to appeal to a younger crowd. She cut a deal to put the picture of Dylan Mulvaney, (a young Trans TikTok influencer popular with teens and the younger generation), on umpteen eleven cans & bottles of Bud Light. (Is she promoting underage drinking)? Major uproar! Budweiser and parent company InBev's stock lost $5 billion in one week. She was placed on administrative leave of absence and a senior marketing manager from InBev is now in her place and his job will be to try and rescue Budweiser.

Missed this. Good to know, thanks Mitch.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/26 11:56:41 (permalink)
Just curious of when this boycott started? BUD is up like 30% in 6 months. They are currently about 1% below 52 week high??? Where is this $5B loss coming from? Someone have some insider revenue figures? If so, some really dumb investors keeping the stock price at its highest level in over a year. If this happened in Nov of 2017, I can clearly see the effect. Or, maybe those dismal numbers from the previous 5 years had someone feel they needed some sort of boost. I have tech stocks that look better than that 5 year return prior to this past year’s rebound.

I avoid Bud myself regardless. I’ve had too many experiences in my younger days of learning why they call it butt wiper. Taste isn’t great either, but tolerable if looking for something light. I always tended to opt for Millers over Bud. Primarily so I could call it Millers…. Nothing rots my gut more than Yeungling. I drink more than two of those and I better chew on 2-3 tums before bed.
post edited by Porktown - 2023/04/26 11:59:39
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/26 12:42:46 (permalink)
AB InBev is the worlds largest brewery with like $60 billion in revenue annually. They are a gigantic, diversified, multinational corporation with operations in like 50 countries worldwide. This Bud Light boycott is a bug on their windshield.

Annheiser Busch also donates alot of money to the Republican Party. So this boycott makes even less sense in light of that. And it really makes Dylan mulvaney look like a chump because clearly Annheiser Busch is no real friend to the LGBT community.

Actually if I was a trans hating conservative type, I’d buy MORE Bud Light because Budweiser is clearly just trying to make bank off the trans community so they can turn around and dump it right back into the political party that wants trans people to be kept in cages. That’s some real 3D chess right there.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/26 12:48:20 (permalink)
Also, Genny Cream Ale ftw
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/04/26 14:46:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sylvan sam 2023/05/08 10:03:03
I did the dry January thing.  With the help of a lot of NA beers.  Which I still have around for the weekday evenings and put some in rotation if having a picnic and start early.  There is a good selection of craft NAs now.  They aren't good if compared to the real thing, but if you are looking for something that isn't water and isn't sweat, they are pretty good.  

Anyway, at the beginning of January, when the Stillers were salvaging their season, I figured, why not get a 6'er of cheap schwill NA.  I did the Genny NA.  It was actually not too bad to slam...  I swear it tasted just as bad as Genny Cream Ale, but didn't give me the runs the next day.  It didn't give me any sort of buzz either.  But, was kind of fun slamming the NAs, watching the game and being functional after.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/07 21:04:20 (permalink)
Was in the city today. Got in the car, someone had shot a firework off above the parking lot I was in - thought it was a gunshot. First time for that, likely had the most recent Texas shooting on my mind. 

The question of "When is enough enough?" has no limit in the US.

Serbia had 2 mass shootings in the recent week, and their President has proposed more gun laws, seems like their Government is moving towards more control and buyback programs, etc. 

I can imagine a lot of posters here are very Pro 2nd Amendment Gun Owners, I'm a gun owner myself. 
What are your takes on this stuff? Are you in favor of stricter gun purchase laws, mental health evaluations and background checks, etc? 

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/07 21:28:50 (permalink)
The Texas Mall shooting was the 199th mass shooting of the year in the US. The GOP , where life starts at conception and ends at the barrel of an AR-15.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/07 23:05:17 (permalink)
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/07 23:11:29 (permalink)
Their answer to stopping gun violence is ALWAYS more guns. Ain't Merrica Great. 🙄. We have 8 to 10 more years and it's Hamilton, ON here we come 🇨🇦.
JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1089
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/07 23:46:00 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 07:54:16 (permalink)
Good to see Trump crushing Biden in most recent polls for a 2024 matchup.  Keeping many TDS libbies up at night.  Not that I personally want Trump as a candidate but liking the fact that voters, even the "fabricated ones," are seeing the fallacy in this president.  
Even 20% that thought Trump should be prosecuted would still vote for him over Biden in the next election.  Guess they did the same for the Biden regime the first round.  Gonna be a ride the next year and a half.
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 10:07:13 (permalink)
pensfan1
The Texas Mall shooting was the 199th mass shooting of the year in the US. The GOP , where life starts at conception and ends at the barrel of an AR-15.

You can take an AR15, place a fully loaded magazine in it, jack the 1st round into the chamber, place the safety in the OFF position, and set it in a corner, and it will never kill anyone until either a criminal or a mentally ill person with criminal intent, or a lawful citizen who needs to defend their life uses it. It could sit there for a hundred years: Nothin'!
We need to get a handle on the mentally ill and some just general losers and get them off the streets and either into mental hospitals or jail, whichever is pertinent. 
Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 11:42:08 (permalink)
EMitch
pensfan1

You can take an AR15, place a fully loaded magazine in it, jack the 1st round into the chamber, place the safety in the OFF position, and set it in a corner, and it will never kill anyone until either a criminal or a mentally ill person with criminal intent, or a lawful citizen who needs to defend their life uses it. It could sit there for a hundred years: Nothin'!
We need to get a handle on the mentally ill and some just general losers and get them off the streets and either into mental hospitals or jail, whichever is pertinent. 
Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

Put an AR15 in the hands of a mentally ill person versus any other currently legal gun and look at the result.  Since the mentally ill person is the same in either scenario, we can deduce that the AR15 does kill people that would not have died otherwise.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 12:37:40 (permalink)
Actually it wouldn’t.

I would like to create a video with the personal experience of some of the MSM talking heads as they did the following:

Fire a single shot rifle -- one trigger pull, one shot.

Fire a benign looking semi .22, like a Ruger. One trigger pull, one shot, then make them hold the trigger in for a full minute with no other shots being fired because the gun won’t -- release the trigger and pull it again, another shot -- explain that this is legal for hunting in all 50 states and make sure they understand the term as demonstrated -- semiautomatic -- one shot per trigger pull and holding the trigger down does absolutely nothing.

Then go to a double action revolver and repeat showing that this gun, which is legal to hunt with in every state is also semiautomatic, just in a different way.

Change to a single trigger side by side and show that it too is a semiautomatic, but limited to two shots and is legal for hunting in every state.

Do the same with an O/U, further explaining the different sports, including the Olympics, that use this type of semiautomatic weapon.

Move to a semiautomatic shotgun and get the same results, then explain that it is used in every state and is primarily the favorite for waterfowl, maybe tossing in how many waterfowl, under federal regulation are taken with this weapon.

Step up to a semiautomatic rifle, with a wood stock, that isn’t scary looking, like a Remington or Browning. Let them know this is legal in 48 states as a hunting arm.

Then get the scariest looking AR platform available, and show that it is exactly the same as all the others they just fired/saw fired — one trigger pull, one shot, no matter how long the trigger is help back.

Finally, drag out a full auto and empty the magazine with one trigger pull and hold. Then play the Sesame Street game of "one of these things is not like the others."

Explain that this is the difference between an actual weapon of war, full auto capability, and all those which are not. Explain that the general public has not been able to buy or possess a full auto since before mid-century. The only way to get one is with a class firearms license and there have been exactly zero killings, mass or singly, by those holding that license.

Then ask the "have you quit kicking your dog question" -- now that you know the difference, are you going to continue to lie or intentionally mislead your viewers/listeners/readers, because that is exactly what you are doing if you continue with your narrative after the demonstration you just took part in.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 13:27:30 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 13:36:25 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 13:56:33 (permalink)
 Is a person with a bad temper or on edge considered "mentally ill" ? 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 14:10:22 (permalink)
DarDys
Actually it wouldn’t.

I would like to create a video with the personal experience of some of the MSM talking heads as they did the following:

Fire a single shot rifle -- one trigger pull, one shot.

Fire a benign looking semi .22, like a Ruger. One trigger pull, one shot, then make them hold the trigger in for a full minute with no other shots being fired because the gun won’t -- release the trigger and pull it again, another shot -- explain that this is legal for hunting in all 50 states and make sure they understand the term as demonstrated -- semiautomatic -- one shot per trigger pull and holding the trigger down does absolutely nothing.

Then go to a double action revolver and repeat showing that this gun, which is legal to hunt with in every state is also semiautomatic, just in a different way.

Change to a single trigger side by side and show that it too is a semiautomatic, but limited to two shots and is legal for hunting in every state.

Do the same with an O/U, further explaining the different sports, including the Olympics, that use this type of semiautomatic weapon.

Move to a semiautomatic shotgun and get the same results, then explain that it is used in every state and is primarily the favorite for waterfowl, maybe tossing in how many waterfowl, under federal regulation are taken with this weapon.

Step up to a semiautomatic rifle, with a wood stock, that isn’t scary looking, like a Remington or Browning. Let them know this is legal in 48 states as a hunting arm.

Then get the scariest looking AR platform available, and show that it is exactly the same as all the others they just fired/saw fired — one trigger pull, one shot, no matter how long the trigger is help back.

Finally, drag out a full auto and empty the magazine with one trigger pull and hold. Then play the Sesame Street game of "one of these things is not like the others."

Explain that this is the difference between an actual weapon of war, full auto capability, and all those which are not. Explain that the general public has not been able to buy or possess a full auto since before mid-century. The only way to get one is with a class firearms license and there have been exactly zero killings, mass or singly, by those holding that license.

Then ask the "have you quit kicking your dog question" -- now that you know the difference, are you going to continue to lie or intentionally mislead your viewers/listeners/readers, because that is exactly what you are doing if you continue with your narrative after the demonstration you just took part in.

Ok, clearly you know a lot about firearms.

So maybe you can tell us why these mass shooters always choose AR-15s or similar type firearms when they want to take out a room full of people.

What is the difference between an AR-15 and say a Ruger .22? Or any of the firearms you mentioned? It just simple cosmetic difference? Surely there must be something functionally different between them, no?

Specifically, there must be something functionally different between an AR-15 and a Ruger .22, that makes an AR-15 style semiautomatic rifle a more efficient choice if you want to kill as many people as possible, as quickly as possible?

Or are all semiautos just “same”?
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 14:40:19 (permalink)
 If I put the big clips on my 10-22's they will all jam at some point and same with the 10-22 Galtian two together with a handle you turn. The AR-15 has blown the whole heads off of kids and does put a large hole in flesh and can blow limbs off. A .22 is deadly but less chance of dying. My buddy got killed while Turkey hunting with a .22 cal. between the eyes. The old man that shot him by accident died (heart attack) going to get help. Clinton put a ban on clips of over 10 shot capacity imported into the USA. Bush lifted that ban.

I like all my semi automatic shotguns and rifles.   2nd thoughts on the A-R though. More of a common sense thing for me. When the 2nd was wrote it took a long time to reload a flintlock.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRyaAiaNwK0

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/05/08 15:04:56 (permalink)
There also this:

https://www.politico.com/...-gun-violence-00092413

This really throws some shade on a lot of the pro 2A talking points
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 33
Jump to: