Helpful ReplyEscalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 10:41:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby psu_fish 2022/10/11 08:19:19
MyWar & DeadGator, do you guys suffer from reading comprehension or do you just opine based on your ideology? Did you miss the part where I said the "don't ask don't tell" policy was OK?

Covid vaccines didn't go through 7 to 10 years of rigid trials and statistical analysis; millions throughout the world are the beta testers. So, what do we know 3 years into the pandemic? Well, we know that the vaccine does not cure Covid. We know that the vaccine does not prevent Covid, and we know that the vaccine does not prevent you giving it to someone else even if you've been shot and boosted, and we know that somebody else can still give it to you. And we also know that some people died from the vaccine; some within minutes of receiving it; some a week later. Strangely, those statistics, while known, never made it to the MSM.  The one thing that is claimed to be true is that if you're shot and boosted, the effects of the virus won't be quite as bad as not being vaccinated, if you can believe that. The way we've been lied to about this right from the start could make any reasonable person skeptical.

And you don't have to tell me how the military vaccinates for a myriad of diseases. I've lived it. In boot camp, we went through lines (nuts to butts) with Corpsman wiping down and firing guns into both arms. Surely you guys remember that, right? What's that? Didn't serve? All the more reason to criticize. But the administration has made it mandatory to take an untested vaccine with little to no benefits for a young and healthy man or woman.

Of course, I was just trying to make the point that while recruitment in all branches of the service are way down, that many service personnel are on their way out due to a mandate, at a time when the world is in turmoil and we could be at war in the very near future. You'll just have to forgive me for making a National Security point. Get over it!
post edited by EMitch - 2022/10/09 10:43:57

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1936
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 10:57:09 (permalink)
Yea… I’m not gonna re-litigate vaccine arguments at this point because it’s like arguing with flat earthers.

I think you all pretty well understand the role of vaccines in both the military and the general population, and you are clinging to this anti vaxxer nonsense because it’s some kind of sunk cost fallacy for you at this point. I’ve seen enough examples of anti vax preachers who refused the vaccine and either wound up dead from covid, or got the vaccine the first opportunity they had (and subsequently survived covid infection).

I’m willing to give you all the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you are smart enough to not actually believe this line of BS, and you are just stubbornly clinging to this fantasy because let’s face it, admitting that you were wrong is hard to do.
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 276
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 11:40:01 (permalink)
EMitch
 I know what ya mean. It was horrible. That miserable wall and that stay in Mexico policy had cut down illegal immigration to a crawl, then he went and cut taxes and all kinds of regulations and that brought the economy up to nearly 6 1/2% and a 1 1/2% inflation rate in the last year even with the pandemic. Got that darned vaccine started and available in record time, forced the other members of NATO to pay up their share and carry their own weight.

EMitch
Covid vaccines didn't go through 7 to 10 years of rigid trials and statistical analysis; millions throughout the world are the beta testers. So, what do we know 3 years into the pandemic? Well, we know that the vaccine does not cure Covid. We know that the vaccine does not prevent Covid, and we know that the vaccine does not prevent you giving it to someone else even if you've been shot and boosted, and we know that somebody else can still give it to you. And we also know that some people died from the vaccine; some within minutes of receiving it; some a week later. Strangely, those statistics, while known, never made it to the MSM.  The one thing that is claimed to be true is that if you're shot and boosted, the effects of the virus won't be quite as bad as not being vaccinated, if you can believe that. The way we've been lied to about this right from the start could make any reasonable person skeptical.

First you praise Trump for getting the vaccine out in record time, then you discredit any value the vaccine has.  You need to keep your stories straight instead of just taking your partisan side of any argument.  Reminds me of Fox news. 
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 12:09:49 (permalink)
What I said was true, JerryS. Trump was responsible for getting it out in record time. It wasn't his fault that the vaccine ain't worth crap versus natural immunity, but it did make Big Pharma billions upon billions of taxpayer money.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 16:28:25 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar & DeadGator, do you guys suffer from reading comprehension or do you just opine based on your ideology? Did you miss the part where I said the "don't ask don't tell" policy was OK?

And you don't have to tell me how the military vaccinates for a myriad of diseases. I've lived it. In boot camp, we went through lines (nuts to butts) with Corpsman wiping down and firing guns into both arms. Surely you guys remember that, right? What's that? Didn't serve? All the more reason to criticize. But the administration has made it mandatory to take an untested vaccine with little to no benefits for a young and healthy man or woman.

Of course, I was just trying to make the point that while recruitment in all branches of the service are way down, that many service personnel are on their way out due to a mandate, at a time when the world is in turmoil and we could be at war in the very near future. You'll just have to forgive me for making a National Security point. Get over it!

I didn't serve. Thank you for your service. 

Again, my question was to the bolded line of:
EMitch
It's true, Gator. The services are being forced to evict any personnel who has not been vaccinated with the Covid juice and the boosters. More than 20K right now, and up to 100K to follow unless they capitulate. The Coast Guard hero that went into a flooded house in Florida and kicked in a wall to save the occupants; Biden called him personally to congratulate him on the mission, but he's gettin' kicked out for no vax. All of the US services have missed their recruiting goals by thousands. Nobody wants to join the service because of WOKE policies and the fact that there is a huge leadership problem with no trust or faith in the government policies. (Or no policies, as the case is). It wasn't bad when it was just the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, but now it's the gender pronouns, LGBTQ, etc. problem. The leftist WOKE politicians have turned the military into girlie man organizations.

So I ask again: "only straight "manly" men can serve as an effective member of our Armed forces? (And they apparently can't have "man buns"?)"

And I reiterate - "The services are being forced to evict any personnel who has not been vaccinated with the Covid juice and the boosters." Good. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/09 21:04:52 (permalink)
EMitch

I’m not sure what “don’t ask, don’t tell” has to do with this? Unlike covid, being gaay isn’t a contagious disease.

And with all due respect, it doesn’t matter whether I served or not. I didn’t make this decision. I’m just explaining the reasoning behind the decision, which was in fact made and supported by the commanders of the armed forces, like General Mark Milley and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. These individual have impeccable military credentials, wouldn’t you agree?

But speaking of service, when did it become acceptable for right wing media personalities to make policy decisions for the US armed Forces, instead of generals or admirals? People like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are the ones putting these ideas out there, what kind of military experience do they have?
post edited by MyWar - 2022/10/09 21:07:15
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9682
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 06:51:26 (permalink)
snagr
It has negative efficacy with regards to infection. For new enlistees in their late teens and early twenties it causes more harm than it prevents, unless you consider 1 in 3,000 males in this age group getting myocarditis to be harmless or maybe even beneficial.

I reviewed this concept with my pediatrician when debating to have my son vaccinated. He pointed me to what the American Heart Association and others say. Although a risk from the vaccine, there is a far greater risk for heart issues from catching Covid and it setting up shop in your system. Yes, the vaccine, like most vaccines, does not guarantee that you don’t catch or spread any disease. Vaccines have always been to prep your body to kick in an immune response faster. If it lead to heard immunity, like it did for polio and others, great.

“The analysis showed people infected with COVID-19 before receiving a vaccine were 11 times more at risk for developing myocarditis within 28 days of testing positive for the virus. But that risk was cut in half if a person was infected after receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.”

https://www.heart.org/en/...carditis-than-vaccines

As for the military requiring, it is pretty known fact that they have always required immunizations. The armed forces are run like a communist society. A clear defined hierarchy with very strict rules. Some may not be aware of this when they sign the papers, but most do. At this point, Covid has seemingly either weeded out who it was going to kill or has weakened in the variants, I am not sure it is as much of a benefit to immunize as it was. I am not sure if the armed forces require seasonal flu shots or not, but Covid shot at this point is pretty much the same.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 19:06:25 (permalink)
Porktown
snagr
It has negative efficacy with regards to infection. For new enlistees in their late teens and early twenties it causes more harm than it prevents, unless you consider 1 in 3,000 males in this age group getting myocarditis to be harmless or maybe even beneficial.

I reviewed this concept with my pediatrician when debating to have my son vaccinated. He pointed me to what the American Heart Association and others say. Although a risk from the vaccine, there is a far greater risk for heart issues from catching Covid and it setting up shop in your system. Yes, the vaccine, like most vaccines, does not guarantee that you don’t catch or spread any disease. Vaccines have always been to prep your body to kick in an immune response faster. If it lead to heard immunity, like it did for polio and others, great.

“The analysis showed people infected with COVID-19 before receiving a vaccine were 11 times more at risk for developing myocarditis within 28 days of testing positive for the virus. But that risk was cut in half if a person was infected after receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.”

https://www.heart.org/en/...carditis-than-vaccines

As for the military requiring, it is pretty known fact that they have always required immunizations. The armed forces are run like a communist society. A clear defined hierarchy with very strict rules. Some may not be aware of this when they sign the papers, but most do. At this point, Covid has seemingly either weeded out who it was going to kill or has weakened in the variants, I am not sure it is as much of a benefit to immunize as it was. I am not sure if the armed forces require seasonal flu shots or not, but Covid shot at this point is pretty much the same.

From your article, which is exactly what I said and why it shouldn’t be given to young men.

“Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination.”

Would you like me to repost the studies that got scrubbed with the Rona thread that show anywhere from a 1/2400 to 1/3500 rate of myocarditis following the second vax in young men?

I’d be finding a new pediatrician if I was you.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 20:26:20 (permalink)
Yeah Pork, the doctor you trust with your kids health clearly doesn't know as much as that duud on the feeshin forum. 

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 20:27:27 (permalink)
snagr

Would you like me to repost the studies that got scrubbed with the Rona thread that show anywhere from a 1/2400 to 1/3500 rate of myocarditis following the second vax in young men?

How about this study:

https://theintercept.com/...lican-democrat-deaths/

It basically suggests that the proliferation of anti vaxxer nuttery in right wing circles is killing more republicans than democrats, by a fairly significant margin.

Color me shocked.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 20:31:17 (permalink)
If the military was forcing every servicemen under 40 years of age to get the Moderna vaccine, I would be in agreement with you. Your 1:3000 is the same Moderna figure and I am not denying it at all. That said, you seem to be claiming that figure for all vaccines? Which the article I posted noted 11 times more chance of myocarditis for those not fully vaccinated and 2 times more chance than those half vaccinated to those that are (besides Moderna). Do you think the American Heart Association is trying to mislead healthcare workers or the public?

https://www.army.mil/arti...vid_19_vaccine_options

Like mentioned, I was concerned and consulted our pediatrician as well as tried my best to weed through all of the political BS, before deciding to do the one dose of Pfizer for him (which happened to be all that our pediatrician’s office approved for their use). It was probably a month after we consulted with the pediatrician before deciding to do. No myocarditis for him. He tested positive for covid maybe 10 months after and had the sniffles for a day. My daughter also vaccinated (a month prior than he was) and positive the same time he was and was more flu like for her for a few days.

I did get the double dose of Modena when it became available for the general public. If I would have known the risk then, I probably would have opted for a different. No myocarditis for me either or at least no symptoms. I have yet to test positive for covid and have been around openly sick positive cases. Not sure if I am one of the people that just doesn’t seem to catch it or not? I plan to get boosted when I go in for my annual physical. Just like I get an annual flu shot. I don’t buy the nonsense on either side. It is a vaccine, nothing more, nothing less. It will boost my immune response for when I will most likely be exposed again.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 20:48:25 (permalink)
Here are the Army’s figures of compliance to the directive. Not sure what the other service numbers are. Doesn’t really appear to be such an alarming number of people that others seemed to insinuate.

https://www.army.mil/arti...vaccination_statistics
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/10 21:03:02 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Yeah Pork, the doctor you trust with your kids health clearly doesn't know as much as that duud on the feeshin forum. 

Snagr is a good fishin duud. I most likely first heard about a link to myocarditis from him. He does seem to spend a lot of time and effort on the subject. I respect his opinion on this. There is definitely a “don’t worry, just trust us” thing with the vaccine. There is also a conspiracy theory antivax movement. Snagr has posted some very legit sources of info that the “trust us” side seems to want to sweep under the rug. He has also stepped in the conspiracy theory lane a few times…

That all said, I tend to think my pediatrician wasn’t trying to pull a fast one on me.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 12:49:37 (permalink)
MyWar
snagr

How about this study:

https://theintercept.com/...lican-democrat-deaths/

It basically suggests that the proliferation of anti vaxxer nuttery in right wing circles is killing more republicans than democrats, by a fairly significant margin.

Color me shocked.

Great science!  2 R states that compare excess death rates by political affiliation, and not Covid deaths or Covid death rates, and say it's because less Republicans took the Rona vak$ine.  Just brilliant.  I hope the study cited in this article enjoys its 15 minutes of pre print fame because in a serious world, it wouldn't pass peer review as serious statistical analysis.  

A study that publishes actual vaccine uptake in those states between R & D voters, and then compares age adjusted Covid death rates between them would actually be science, and would produce results that might be newsworthy.  

Some of you guys probably still think that patient 0 was a person in a wet market in Wuhan, China in January 2020 too don't you?   
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3138
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 13:56:06 (permalink)
Like a TWA flight in the 80's...this thread is hijacked (boxcutter emoji)

So who blew up the bridge?  Had to be a suicide mission right?  Video looked that way, truck in motion...
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1255
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 14:48:27 (permalink)
Probably an EV battery got wet like the ones in Florida LOL
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 15:14:09 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Probably an EV battery got wet like the ones in Florida LOL

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 20:39:54 (permalink)
LDD
Like a TWA flight in the 80's...this thread is hijacked (boxcutter emoji)

So who blew up the bridge?  Had to be a suicide mission right?  Video looked that way, truck in motion...

I'm not sure. I find it odd they haven't struck it before. I guess since it was in Crimea, it was unreachable via the means they had available? 

The entire situation sucks. Sure seems like the better Ukraine does, the higher the likelihood of Nuclear strikes from Russia?
Ukraine has no interest in Russia, they'd likely chase them to the border and say stay out. I guess Putin now thinks Crimea and the other "disputed" territories are Russian soil now?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/11 22:12:24 (permalink)
Putin believes that all of Ukraine and all of USSR is still Russian soil. That is what happens when you have leaders that are surrounded by “yes” men only. Irrational thoughts are reality.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 07:04:51 (permalink)
Nahh...much worse to have a "leader" that doesn't know what day it is, has to be fed with through a straw most of the time and doesn't know if it is time to change his Depends yet.  

Don't worry, all will be well when we hit 40+trillion in debt by the time Biden is gone after his first term and we are in the throws of a deep recession.....all good, n'at.  

Your hopes of retiring comfortably Pork are just blowin' in the wind.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 09:34:07 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Your hopes of retiring comfortably Pork are just blowin' in the wind.

No doubt about that.

You are saying that you would rather have Putin than Dotard #2?  You do realize that our 20%-30% hit on wealth is like 60%-80% for the average Russian right now?  The Russian equivalent of you, I and our boys are being prepared to fight our equivalent of Canada.  We definitely have it "much worse"...

Putin surrounds himself with "yes" men and no one else.  I doubt that he really has a grasp of reality.  I would imagine what we are seeing on the news (any source of US media or even BBC or Al Jazerra where ever they are based) and what he is seeing are completely different.  When being told what you want 24/7 and the leader of a world superpower, you start believing that the world revolves around you.  Especially when up in age and legacy becomes more and more important.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 13:33:05 (permalink)
The chess pieces are being moved now.  If Belarus moving troops near the border is not just a poor attempt at a feign to distract Ukraine (which won't work) and Belarus decides to honest to goodness send their troops into Ukraine to be ground to a pulp, WWIII will have begun.  

It is only getting worse from there......
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 14:02:19 (permalink)
I doubt Belarus sends troops. Lucashenko from the start allowed Russia to use his land for the invasion. He offered to take on some Russian nukes. His military of 45,000 mostly untrained soldiers isn’t going to do too much. Considering he isn’t sending them all, with NATO member neighbors. If things hit the fan, they’d walk into Belarus without much of a fight.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 20:39:15 (permalink)
What's "Dotard" mean? I've seen you put it up a few times, and assume you're referring to Biden, but can't be sure?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/12 21:12:28 (permalink)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-idUSKBN1Y91L0
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/17 14:41:45 (permalink)
DeadGator401
What's "Dotard" mean? I've seen you put it up a few times, and assume you're referring to Biden, but can't be sure?

DOe-Tard
Shortened, from greek...Douglastis Tardicus/ English Douglas Tard...common slang... (Dotard)

Douglas Tard was an early Greek philosopher famous for nothing. 

Hence..."Don't be a dotard."  As in a "do nothing"...or... "He IS a dotard." As in, "don't be a do nothing"

Hope that helps.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/17 16:47:59 (permalink)
I didn't know the origins.  Just knew that was Rocketman's response to Trump, which fit him well.  Biden fits the mold too, so is Dotard #2 to me.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/18 07:43:10 (permalink)
Porktown
I didn't know the origins.  Just knew that was Rocketman's response to Trump, which fit him well.  Biden fits the mold too, so is Dotard #2 to me.

Not many people know the origins...they are...elusive
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 464
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/18 11:41:18 (permalink)
Yeah, elusive.  I knew a guy named Hoist P. Tard...but he wasn't Greek.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Escalation starting.....creeping towards a much larger conflict now 2022/10/18 23:15:57 (permalink)
Any update on the Durham investigation? Let’s expose the Deep State and prove MAGA is the truth!!!
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: