Motivation

Author
rippinlip
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2146
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/26 18:19:30 (permalink)

Motivation

I know I need to sort through all my equipment. Oil the reels, new line, clean the vests out, etc.....I can't seem to get motivated tho.....must be all this effen snow....I'm ready for Spring...

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]

11 Replies Related Threads

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/26 18:49:51 (permalink)
      I gott too much time on my hands & have fishin stuff all over the 2nd fl.  Have about 8 - 10 boxes & some totes to bring up from the basement yet. Then it's on to the big deep freezer to see what goodies are in there.

Puttin 20 lots of 10 Rapalas never opened on E-Bay in the next week or two to pass some time. Be wadein' the streams in about 10 days for the Pike runs.
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/26 19:29:03 (permalink)
    Think the boat will be ready?

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/26 23:27:46 (permalink)
     Sent in 3 boat reg. renls. & a couple for new trailer stickers & for a capasty plate for the 1949. Have some more to fill out but wanna find out what ones I'm gonna use this year before sendin in stickers that won't be used.

I'll be wade'n till there is enough open water for car tops & even then I'll be  climbin out so I can wade the swamps. Went through some elec. trollin motors that were not workin that Timmy bought at the flea market.
      Got 3 ov 4 workin in no time & put new shear pins, changed some props, removed fishin lines & gonna replace some terminal connections when I get to the auto parts store. Beaver trappers still have another month so if anyone is wadein streams or rivers  

2 of the allu. boats are ready, just have to clean out all the waterfowl stuff. Traded Bud for two more yesterday
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/26 23:56:17 (permalink)
    must be all this effen snow....I'm ready for Spring..

must be all this effen  spring like weather ....I'm ready for snow..

I like cold, snowing winter days.
    This cold rain/sleet then ice crap sucks!
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/27 00:01:23 (permalink)
    Hey crappie
    Places that repair alternators and starters sometimes fix electric motors if there is more wrong than you can fix

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/27 16:33:32 (permalink)
      Martin,

I looked at it a little closer today & the motor had water in it (bad seal) & it ate a contact spring. Dried it out with a heat gun, put new 0 rings, sprayed red grease, penetrating oil & found a replacement spring (might be a little too stiff though.) Gonna look at a ownners man. for the spring conections & make sure nottin is missin for the wirein for the springs before I slap it back together. If not it will make a good parts motor.

Kevin,

This temp. retirement stuff is boarin with this weather & everyone at work or school  One ov my old fishin buddies called me today, hadn't talked to him in 22 years (Georgia), he might spend the weekend. Gonna hit a waterfowl show Fri. eve. with Phil, Tim & maybe Matt.
    rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/27 18:35:45 (permalink)
    Wanna try fishin Sat or Sun.? Maybe the dock at my place? Don't sweat the trolling motors. I have two collecting dust.

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/28 00:06:21 (permalink)
      Sun. afternoon sounds good. gettin close to 40* Think there will be any open water at the bend?
    Crap isn't it closed 'til the opener?/..>
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/28 01:33:43 (permalink)
      I hope every trout that gets stocked gets eat'n by toothy critters. Them dam things ruin a great month & a 1/2 of great crappie, Pike & Ski fishin in alot of streams. I ain't gonna buy another trout lic. startin next year.
      The fish com. acts like they are gold but they are a waste in certian waterways & screw up a month & a 1/2 of a great time of year being on the water. I'm gonna keep every limit of trout this year just for coon bait if I even go.

If you want we can take a hike through a swamp to try & get some fish  

rippinlip
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/02/28 19:49:20 (permalink)
    OK....Closed on my loan last night.....See ya this weekend

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Motivation 2008/03/01 03:43:39 (permalink)
      This swamp thingy ain't lookin very good for us old legs u no/,. U have a snowmobile or a Saint Bernard & a sled by any chance?./ If knot I have other ways (stil a long hike) DON'T yElL IF we get lOst o/K<>(...<((>?/~~~<

The bIg wOn/
    Jump to: