Pittsburgh Steelers ?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8449
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/09/27 13:34:45 (permalink)
Agree, if Bucs are unable to protect him, he isn't going to endure.  Luckily for them, they don't play the Rams every weekend and I think their OL can hold up well to most defenses.

I'm not sure if he has that chip on his shoulder like last year too.  One guy you don't want to face when he finds something extra to play for.  Seems very good at channeling emotions.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/03 19:01:58 (permalink)
Put. Mason. In.
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2420
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/03 19:29:54 (permalink)
refs didn't help youinz either 

..L.T.A.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/03 20:00:30 (permalink)
Maybe, but they weren’t throwing the ball behind receivers and hanging onto it too long. He got his 400 TD’s, great, done! The line is horrible, maybe someone more mobile would help. Maybe someone new would put a spark the line? The season is done, play for the future now. They are not winning a Superbowl with this team. See if Rudolph or Haskins is a capable player. It is either doing it this year or next.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2839
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/03 20:09:39 (permalink)
Another fine mess, Ollie
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/03 20:36:10 (permalink)
The run game was there today, but for some reason, they didn’t use it. Their first drive was more runs than passes. After that, it all changed. You can say they have to pass after they are down. But not before then. Ben needs to sit. Even if for a game to wake him up.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2948
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/04 17:13:30 (permalink)
Porktown
Put. Mason. In.

eh...you guys messed up not drafting some kid.  They went all in with the Harris pick.  He'll be a good player for you guys through your rebuild.  He'll help you guys win juuuuuuusssst enough games to NOT get a top draft pick...hahahaha...have fun!  Put in effin Rudolph he says! 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/10/25 09:58:43 (permalink)
Kenny Pickett is officially the best QB in the state of PA right now.  I'm sure he'll Pitt the bed like their teams always do.  But for the week of 10/25/21, he can claim to be the best in PA right now!
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 07:45:25 (permalink)
Porktown
Put. Mason. In.

Well, whaddya think??
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 08:36:19 (permalink)
I’ll concede that not all trump supporters are Qanon dipshiits. But why is it that all Qanon dipshiits are Trump supporters?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 08:37:34 (permalink)
LDD
Porktown
Put. Mason. In.

Well, whaddya think??

Letting up over 200 yards rushing, was clearly on Mason.  Two fumbled (perfectly thrown balls on that traveled in the air further than Ben can throw a ball now), that put them in field goal range, definitely on Rudolph.  Multiple injuries on both sides of the ball prior to and during the game, MASON how dare you!!!  Crap weather that had FIRST OVERALL DRAFT PICK - Jared Goff throwing for 14/25 for 114 (40 yards total in first half), obviously Rudolph's fault (maybe Stillers should trade up to first overall pick???).  Rudolph - 30/50 242 1/1 (int went off of hand of receiver - not a good throw though).  Obviously, you watched the game and know what you are talking about.  If you really think Ben would have done better in those conditions, you really are an expert of the game...   

The guy is a game manager and can throw the ball more than 30 yards.  That is beyond what Ben can do now.  By no means am I saying he is great or even good.  But, right now, he is their best option.

Mason's previous game, against the Browns (final game of last season), while Steelers were resting half of their team, Browns needed to win to get in playoffs.  Browns win by 2 points at home, from a controversial failed 2 point conversion.  Browns have every player active, doing what they can to get in the playoffs vs. Steelers second string.

Rudolph - 315 2/1
First round draft pick Mayfield - 196 1

Very next game with the future HOF Big Ben, you ask???  Can you remind us what happened?

Browns beat Steelers at home, in Wildcard game of playoffs in an embarrassing fashion.  Browns put up 28 points in the first quarter alone, due primarily to the future HOFer turning into a turnover machine.

Obviously, there is an extremely high bar for Mason to eclipse.  You did watch the Bears game, right?  As a diehard Steelers fan, I will admit that I couldn't tell if the refs were on the Steelers payroll or not. 
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 08:58:50 (permalink)
Hahahaha, so you care about this issue deeply I see ...and no, I don't watch Steeler games if I can help it. But I do sort of follow them and I'm surrounded by people who are fans.  You know the only stat that matters in the NFL is the W/L column.  Ben's a winner.  He's won his whole career.  Mason Rudolph is apparently good at ties. 

As the holidays approach, I hope you get what you want man  Just remember, don't blame me if it doesn't work out.  If it does, I'll be happy to eat crow...with a spicy mustard and a liter of kolsch to wash it down.    
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1473
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 09:18:14 (permalink)
MyWar
I’ll concede that not all trump supporters are Qanon dipshiits. But why is it that all Qanon dipshiits are Trump supporters?

Wrong Thread there junior.... Anyway

My take on it is that the coaching deserves a big blame on that debacle.  Your playing a winless team who is ranked almost last in run stoppage and you have you're back up quarterback throw 50 times.  Heck they can hardly win with a HOFer throwing 50 time let alone the back up. I like Mason but let's face it he's not going to be a franchise QB more of a N. ODonnell/ T. Maddox kinda of guy

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 09:22:03 (permalink)
I would be just fine if Ben was the Ben of old.  He unfortunately isn't.  He is a statue that throws the ball 10 yards at a time.  His HOF honors are well deserved.  He did it with a long career of extending plays with his power, mostly playing outside of the pocket and his ability to hit the deep ball.  If he were still capable of it, then I would have no issues.  They are lucky as heck (much to do with favorable calls lately) to go on that 5 game winning streak.  It also had a lot to do with Najee Harris being a beast and a young mid round O line coming together a bit, who two of them got knocked out of the game yesterday, not giving Mason or Najee much of anything to work with after.  That said, Najee still is able to get 3-4 yards without anything to work with.  No doubt in my mind, if Ben would have played yesterday, we would be reading of whatever injury he sustained today as well, that likely no one would have seen during the game...  Ben right now is a Sept-Oct QB, put him in those elements yesterday and even you likely would be calling for his retirement.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 09:29:36 (permalink)
fishin coyote
My take on it is that the coaching deserves a big blame on that debacle.  Your playing a winless team who is ranked almost last in run stoppage and you have you're back up quarterback throw 50 times.  Heck they can hardly win with a HOFer throwing 50 time let alone the back up. I like Mason but let's face it he's not going to be a franchise QB more of a N. ODonnell/ T. Maddox kinda of guy

Agree 100%.  I was yelling at my TV more than usual about the run.  When they were first and goal from the 6 and ZERO runs...  My blood pressure just spiked thinking about it.

Totally agree on the O'Donnell/Maddox reference as well.  Someone that can manage a game until they are able to get a franchise guy.  Ben is no longer a franchise QB.  Look around the league, there really aren't many franchise guys.  Most first round draft pick, "franchise QBs", fail.  Having an O'Donnell type of guy with a good defense and good running game can win.  Baltimore and Denver won SB's with it.  Granted, the franchise QB will win more, but finding those guys that will fit a system is really hard.  
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 816
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 10:36:41 (permalink)
Porktown

Letting up over 200 yards rushing, was clearly on Mason.  Two fumbled (perfectly thrown balls on that traveled in the air further than Ben can throw a ball now), that put them in field goal range, definitely on Rudolph.  Multiple injuries on both sides of the ball prior to and during the game, MASON how dare you!!!  Rudolph - 30/50 242 1/1 (int went off of hand of receiver - not a good throw though). 

Pork, you forgot to mention Rudolph's 3 passes that hit the dirt right in front of the wide open receivers. And I agree, 1st & 10 on the 6 without a run! OY!!! 3 passes and a field goal when you've been movin' the ball well on the ground is hard to take. 'Bout as dumb as havin' your kicker do a fake field goal resulting in gettin' knocked out of the game.

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 13:01:06 (permalink)
Put em all in a burlap sack, hit it with a baseball bat and the one that gets the concussion, deserves it.

On a brighter note the Pens have been gettimg shallacked nightly, so there's that.....
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/15 13:10:14 (permalink)
EMitch

Pork, you forgot to mention Rudolph's 3 passes that hit the dirt right in front of the wide open receivers. And I agree, 1st & 10 on the 6 without a run! OY!!! 3 passes and a field goal when you've been movin' the ball well on the ground is hard to take. 'Bout as dumb as havin' your kicker do a fake field goal resulting in gettin' knocked out of the game.

He also hit a defender in his chest with a ball too, that he couldn't hold onto!   

Don't get me wrong, I am not calling the guy great or even good (compared to NFL QBs).  The conditions were very unfavorable, as Goff showed as well, looking worse than Rudolph.  IMHO, Mason is better than Ben is right now.  Ben has plenty of balls that hit the dirt, far from his WR.  We really don't know if bad throw or wrong route on any of them.  Mason has much more of a projected future for this club than Ben.  Possibly as a back up or possibly as Coyote mentioned being a O'Donnell/Maddox level starter.  I'd much rather spend this season figuring out if he is an O'Donnell/Maddox type or if that is being generous.  Maybe squeak into the playoffs in the process with him.  Or maybe squeak into the playoffs with Ben, then spend next season figuring out what Mason is.

I can pretty much assure, if the O line aren't back for next week, Claypool out, TJ and Joe Haden are out, Ben won't be playing.  Mason will be playing with half of a deck and will look pedestrian at best.  Ben wouldn't do any better.  If all are back, no way Ben is sitting out.

post edited by Porktown - 2021/11/15 13:11:46
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/21 20:49:33 (permalink)
Saying the Stillers defense looks like Swiss cheese, would be assuming there is at least some cheese…. Obviously Mason Rudolph’s fault.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/22 08:27:56 (permalink)
Yeah, well, my Bills are no better right now.  Taylor had five touchdowns and like 7000 yards against us.  Terrible...
The NFL really is a game of inches though.  Once a key defender is removed from the lineup the ripple effect throughout that defense is immense.  The rhythm, communication, assignment distribution are all changed and it has a profound effect...I'm going with that...Bills are missing two key defenders and all of a sudden our D is terrible.  
Stillers r missing some key pieces as well on D so there's that. 

But,  Rudolph is BAD LUCK...you guys should drown him in the Mon like a witch or something to get the curse off!  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/22 09:26:23 (permalink)
No doubt a few key defenders down is the difference (can be said of other side of ball too).  Especially guys on the line.  You get a stud RB like that with a good line against a banged up defensive front and they will run until you can't stop it.  If Najee played on a team with a a good O line, it would be a weekly occurrence for him to have 100+ and 2-3TDs.

Steelers defense is a mess right now with more than a few starters out, either short term or long term.  It looked much more like a second half of a preseason game, with mostly backups and a few starters in.  The Steelers trading Ingram really bit them in the rear.  Not that one guy would have saved them.  Charlton was nowhere to be found.  Every year it looks more and more like their first round picks of Bush and Edmunds were wasted picks.

Ben had one of his best games of the season, especially coming back from covid (guessing not too bad) and just not practicing.  That said, if Claypool wasn't back this week to keep their safeties honest, that game could have been a 30 point loss easily, with how bad the defense was.  I think Ben threw the ball downfield more this game than any game this season.  I think he only connected with 1 or 2, but doesn't really matter.  It keeps the shorter stuff a bit less contested.  The Chargers defense is garbage too, not sure if due to injuries or just bad.  The announcers were talking about how bad they were in the run.  Najee proved it early, but just stopped running him for some reason (well before he took the forearm to the face). 

Steelers schedule from here out is considered the hardest in the NFL.  They had the 6th easiest leading up to it.  With so many guys hurt, I would be shocked if they make the playoffs from here.  If they look this bad next week and the week after, I think the head brass needs to really take a look at the future.  If that means starting guys that might not give them a better chance to win now, to get actual, meaningful season game time, it needs to be done.  They got lucky to be 5-4-1 with the 6th easiest schedule, being relatively healthy during that stretch.  Let's not pretend they were ever a good NFL team this season...
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/28 17:17:44 (permalink)
Rudolph at it again today. Embarrassing.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/28 18:40:19 (permalink)
They need to lose out. Draft Pickett and move on.
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2420
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/28 19:56:17 (permalink)
why was Ben (or any other starter you hope to carry to playoffs) risking injury the last few minutes of that shellacing?

..L.T.A. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/28 20:05:03 (permalink)
They need to address their d line and o line. D line would be a strength if Tuitt and Alualu were heathy. Not sure if Tuitt ever coming back. I do think addressing this will make their LBs and secondary look better, but obviously need help everywhere on defense, besides outside LB that is taking up most of their cap space on defense. O line is playing better, but not really fair to expect some mid round rookies and backups to be a great line. Some should be good in a year or two. If they are getting a QB in the draft like Pickett, they better be looking to upgrade a bit on their o line. Pickett is a great college QB this season, but was just as infuriating as Ben, the past 3 years. I’m not sold on him being the answer, especially with the line. He is a heck more mobile than Ben is now, but would probably benefit from a change of scenery.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers ? 2021/11/28 20:10:14 (permalink)
genieman77
why was Ben (or any other starter you hope to carry to playoffs) risking injury the last few minutes of that shellacing?

..L.T.A. 

They have the hardest remaining schedule in the NFL. They had the 6th easiest so far and 5-6-1.

If you were talking about a Ben from a playoff contending NFL team and not Big Ben, then I would agree.

Why an NFL team in clear need to rebuild, wouldn’t play their back up QBs to see if any possibility to consider them as starters next season, is my question. Today was over before half. Much because of Rudolph of course.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: